Toa Tahu

Jedi Outcast vs. Final Fantasy X  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Jedi Outcast vs. Final Fantasy X

• Jedi Outcast
    • Final Fantasy 10

1:Jedi Outcast

2:Final Fantasy X

This thread isn't meant for attacking FFX.It's just based on remarks from my friends who are pro-FFX and anti-JO and I brought them here so I could share remarks with people in this forum.

Anyway,which does anyone think is better?

And,please give your reasons why which one is better.

I'll be closely watching this thread,ok?

I don't think this is a fair question.

Final Fantasy X is a console based RPG. The point of it is to play through as a group of characters, and as such find out more and more of a story to it's completion. All of it's strengths are based on it's story, some graphical presentation, and mini-games and the like. Also, as a console game, it's set with what you buy, no updates, no fixes, etc.

Jedi Outcast is a computer FPS with both a Single Player and a Multi Player. The multi player part could use a little work, but oh well. The point is, as a FPS it's goals are to give good game play and provide fun in shooting/cutting people up.

They are TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT TYPES OF GAMES. The only similarity in them is that you can be a guy with a blue sword-like-weapon and use that sword-like-weapon to cut people. Both are excellent games in the genres they were made for.

Two different graphics engines and two different platforms! ;-)

If you really wanna compare graphics, I've noticed this:

Both Final Fantasy X and JO have spotty lip-syncing.

Final Fantasy X uses two different character models of different detail levels - one up-close model with a high-poly count, and another less detailed set for battles and crowd shots.

JO uses a single detailed model for all occasions. And on a personal note, I'm very impressed by the articulate fingers. Very cool.

They both have characters that wield magical powers, both sets of characters carry weapons of considerable destruction, and they both look great. Very great.

Can't say too much more about 'em.

Err...wth...

If we keep this on, the forum's going to be full of messages along the lines of "Jedi Outcast vs. Pokemon Silver" "Jedi Outcast vs. Deer Hunter 3" "Jedi Outcast vs. ..."

I mean, if you have to start comparing Jedi Outcast with every other game there is, please atleast like, try to keep 'em to the FPS/TPS genre...

Originally posted by Wes Janson SMR

FFX's great, JO's great. I have both, and I'm proud to say so. That's all I need to know.

I didnt know it was out, and i call myself a massive FF fan :(

But again i agree there is a massive difference between the two games.

But where did you get FFX mate .........must go get it.

Originally posted by eziz

Err...wth...

If we keep this on, the forum's going to be full of messages along the lines of "Jedi Outcast vs. Pokemon Silver" "Jedi Outcast vs. Deer Hunter 3" "Jedi Outcast vs. ..."

I mean, if you have to start comparing Jedi Outcast with every other game there is, please atleast like, try to keep 'em to the FPS/TPS genre...

In that case I choose Pikachu, errm whats that over there?

*runs off*

:)

Originally posted by Hiteche5

well FFX has bad lipsynching because they lipsynch to a japanese dialog.

Naw, people who played the Japanese version over at the FF forums even said the lip-syncing was questionable. The CGI scenes were spot-on, but much of the in-game scenes weren't acurate at all. To them, they might as well be speakin English! ;-)

And then there was a noticeable problem with body gesturing linking up with dialogue - but then again, this was Square's first try with spoken dialogue in their RPGs. They did a bang-up job with it. Dispite its flaws, FFX is among the best - with FFVIII my most favorite. I really can't wait for Kindom Hearts. They have FF character cameos up the wazoo.

Even if they are 2 completely different games i voted for Final Fantasy X(10 for you stupid people, which im guessing there are alot here). Final Fantasy is great, it was the first Final Fantasy game i played and I love it, i think it kicks JO's butt, just my opinion.

Archived