Home

firewall

tsunamis13

Ok, here's my problem... I have a Gateway Laptop with a linksys D-link that connects wirelessly to my router downstairs. I usally get a good link quality. I was going to play Galctic BattleGrounds on Zone.com. So I got into a game on the zone and put in all my info and then it said that there was an error, and someone said that "I had a firewall. So I decided to play another game. I got in again and the same thing happened and they also said that I had a firewall. So what I want to know is, what is the problem, if its a firewall what is a firewall, and how do I fix it.

Just ask for any other info.

Thanks

A firewall is a program on your computer, or the router, that stops hackers accessing your computer. It does this by monitoring all incoming/outgoing data (stopping sign up) and restricts suspicious signals) You have to either look for "firewall" in the search on your computer, or call up and ask about your router's firewall, depending if your computer has it of the router.

Hope that helps :)

• 3 weeks later...

ok not to be offensive or anything but that is a bad description "duke" //EDIT: misspelled duke. ekk.

"A firewall is a program on your computer, or the router, that stops hackers accessing your computer. It does this by monitoring all incoming/outgoing data (stopping sign up) and restricts suspicious signals) You have to either look for "firewall" in the search on your computer, or call up and ask about your router's firewall, depending if your computer has it of the router. "

your correct bout what it does but you cannnot usualy "look for "firewall" in the search on your computer", that comment makes me laugh quiet loud.

My suggestion.

Basicly find some manual that came with your router figure out how to enable ports, its quiet easy, linux or firmware is generaly well thought out and user friendly.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived