Home

Blaster speed

Arthur_Tuxedo

One thing I think is important for this mod to feel like movie battles is that the blaster bolts need to travel as fast or faster than bullets. In the Dark Forces games, lasers have always traveled slowly and were dodgeable, and that's all well and good, but it's not Star Wars. Unless I'm mistaken, the goal of this mod is to make JK2 feel more like the battles in the movies, and I feel that will be harder to do without changing the speed of the bolts.

That's what annoys me about this game. The Stormtroopers are so quick up close that a lot of my lasers miss. If the speed was tripled, that wouldn't be much of a problem anymore. It would be more realistic to the original trilogy.

hey komet, nice to see you on the forum m8.

Arthur,, As a matter of fact you're the only one that I know that has posted something about this. And you're 100% right about this. Something that you thought that at least Raven would've fixed. Though they did a great job otherwise. Well anyways,, you don't have to worry about that. We will fix that since it's one of the things that're buggin' us most.

They will be as fast as bullets, so it adds the skill to the game and removes the randomness...

/Best regards. Jim- Modleader at Rebel Strike crew.

Originally posted by TamoraMagellan

hey komet, nice to see you on the forum m8.

Arthur,, As a matter of fact you're the only one that I know that has posted something about this. And you're 100% right about this. Something that you thought that at least Raven would've fixed. Though they did a great job otherwise. Well anyways,, you don't have to worry about that. We will fix that since it's one of the things that're buggin' us most.

They will be as fast as bullets, so it adds the skill to the game and removes the randomness...

/Best regards. Jim- Modleader at Rebel Strike crew.

Sweet. I'm looking forward to this mod now more than ever. I'm REALLY stoked about seeing true to life blasters, as this really detracted from previous SW games for me.

well...actually...

in the movies even the heros could dodge blashter shots...however they were not as slow as the in game shots. I think having them dogable would be cool...but maybe barely or you really have to be on the hoof.

just my change..

JM

The only way to tell what exactly the best speed is is to change the code, compile it, and test out the changes. Only one thing is certain about the blaster speed right now, and that is that the speed will be increased.

well...actually...

in the movies even the heros could dodge blashter shots...however they were not as slow as the in game shots. I think having them dogable would be cool...but maybe barely or you really have to be on the hoof.

Watch the movies again, dude. No one ever dodged blaster shots. People missed, but it wasn't because of a dodge. And the shots were clearly faster than bullets in all the movies, especially ANH (except when Greedo fired first, but we all know what a disgrace that was...).

As a matter of fact, the laser bolts had different speeds through all of the movies... Seems they didn't have a real rule of how fast it was going to be. Anyways, we promise (since this is something that bugs the whole crew) we'll make everyone that likes faster bolts happy :). We'll get that Star Wars feeling there. That's a fact.

/Best regards. Jim - .Mod-leader & Graphics at the Rebel Strike crew.

Archived