Home

year1mus.lab

Kalugny

I had Grim Fandango for a while, and enjoyed it very much.

Recently I wanted to play it again. It was all fun until I got to the 3rd year and everything went crashing done.

It turns out I have a scratch on my Disc1. It appears that year3mus.lab is destroyed.

Is there something I can do?

Is there somewhere where I can get that file?

Or am I doomed to be Grim Fandango-less for ever?

:(

Your help is apperciated. Very much so.

Kalugny

Yeah, I know, I was just kidding :)

Seriously I think your out of luck. Theres not really any way to repair the damage thats done, or to get the engine to ignore the file. Your best chance is to get another copy of Grim. That shouldn't be too hard, EA still sell it as part of their Classics collection.

Considering you own it yourself why not just burn his CD's?

You'll need to reinstall from the burns for it to operate properly if I remember correctly.

Don't ask why I know things about burned copies of LEC games.

Or use a file-recovery program such as cdrdiagnostic (yes I know it costs but there are free or time limited programs that do the same job)

That`ll recover the file.

Then copy the other data files

(Data001.lab, Data 003.lab, Movie01.lab, Movie03.lab, Vox0001.lab, Vox0003.lab, Year1mus.lab, Data002.lab, Data 004.lab, Movie02.lab, Movie04.lab, Vox0002.lab, Vox0004.lab, Year2mus.lab, and Year4mus.lab)

to your grim folder and switch developer mode on (see the readme for Serge`s CMI-GRIM debug patch to see how to do this) you`ll then be able to play it off hd without your dodgy cd.

Archived