Home

*SPOILERS*Mandeloirians(sp?):Who were/are they, and why is their armor so fasionable?

Jedi-Bert

it's one of the things that kind of... changed when the prequels started coming out.

Originally there was the Warlord Madalore, after whom the planet Mandalore was named. He was defeated by a fallen Jedi, and became his follower. He was also the role model for the Mandalorian Supercommandos who wore full face metal masks to imitate him. They followed their leader as warriors for Ulic Qel-Droma, and that brought them up against the Jedi, who nearly wiped them out.

Basically.

This was from the graphic novels, but who knows what lucas wants the story of the Madalorians to be now?

<====== pic of Ulic

That's a picture of Exar Kun :eyeraise:

As for the comics... I tend to take everything EU with a grain of salt, however the Tales of the Jedi comics have obviously been influencing the prequels (one of the Jedi Holocrons in the visual dictionary is spot-on the one in "Dark Lords of the Sith", and, of course, Exar Kun had a double-bladed lightsaber long before Maul). The Mandalorians obviously survived the Qel-Dromas and the Jedi... I doubt a suit of armor like that could survive 4000 years to find its way to Boba Fett.

I took a real close look at my issue, those "scars" are questionable. I see a scar going vertical across the right eye.

These are my reasons why the pic has to be Ulic.

1.) Hair Styles, That's a short cut, Exar had long hair wrapped in a pony tail.

2) Saber Color doesnt matter. In the Sith War 5th issue, they gave Ulic a RED saber killing Cay.

3) The armor matches Ulic more, I referenced the Sith War issues for that.

Conclusion, my points are also questionable but more practical. The real answer lays with the original artist, Hugh Fleming.

EDIT=============================

You got me crazy enough to try and email Hugh Fleming and ask him.

Originally posted by Jedi_Monk

That's a picture of Exar Kun :eyeraise:

As for the comics... I tend to take everything EU with a grain of salt, however the Tales of the Jedi comics have obviously been influencing the prequels (one of the Jedi Holocrons in the visual dictionary is spot-on the one in "Dark Lords of the Sith", and, of course, Exar Kun had a double-bladed lightsaber long before Maul). The Mandalorians obviously survived the Qel-Dromas and the Jedi... I doubt a suit of armor like that could survive 4000 years to find its way to Boba Fett.

erm no thats ulic qel droma not exar

They both have blue sabers in Dark Lords of the Sith... and this being the last issue of Dark Lords of the Sith, I doubt they'd use as a reference the costume of Ulic from The Sith War. Ulic doesn't have scars and Exar Kun clearly does on the left-hand side of his face, same as the character in the painting. This is also the issue where Kun goes all back@$$ on the Kraith. As for the hair... it could be behind his back, seeing as how the pony-tail was pretty low.

Everything points to Kun.

Saber colors matter not, just like wars not make one great. I respectfully point out that Ulic did not wear anything other than a bandage around his stomach in that issue. (which by the way had the ****tiest art I've ever seen.) Neither Exar Kun or Ulic Qel-Droma had a green saber, and you can see here

eu_bg.jpg

the covers aren't very true to the story. This picture, however, does make me think twice about the cover. Maybe it is Ulic, maybe it is Exar, who knows. Go ahead and e-mail Hugh Fleming. He might not even know.

From a story point art pov, the Tales of the Jedi series started out based on Ulic and Nomi. Based on this fact, it would make sense to make a pic of Ulic as a "Dark Lord" because it was his last "chance" to turn away from the Dark side amd thus he sealed his fate in the sixth issue.

This is also the issue where Kun goes all back@$$ on the Kraith.

Um no, Exar came to the Teta system to kill Ulic and Aleema, "pretenders" to the sith legacy. He considered them a threat to his power. Look at all the other cover art of Exar Kun, the hair is OBVIOUS. Those scars you see may very well be shadows of his hair.

The pic is too ambiguos to draw conclusions directly. But based upon other ideas and art, that pic must be Ulic.

1) Aleema and her cousin called their little Dark Side cult "The Kraith".

2) Ulic and Nomi may have been the main characters of the first Tales of the Jedi, but this series was as much Exar Kun's story as Ulic's. Remember, Exar Kun was a major character--Ulic was mentioned once in Dark Empire, while Exar Kun was a major baddie in the Jedi Academy Trilogy, so this was HIS set-up story as much as Ulic's continuing story.

3) Look in the Essencial Guide to Weapons and Technology--the lightsaber in this person's hand has an extremely similar design as the double-bladed saber captioned "Exar Kun's Lightsaber". Yes, I can tell that that is not a 2x lightsaber, but it stands to reason that maybe he would model his new saber after his old.

4) I have the Dark Lords of the Sith audio drama and this picture is on the cover, blown up much larger than yours. The scars are DEFFINATELY NOT SHADOWS. They are defined indentations in the skin.

Archived