Home

Rocket Launcher or wookies?

shadenim

Hi there

i have two question:

Are you gonna have RLs in the mod?

and are there only gonna be Rebel troops, Imperial troops or do you planing to include Wookies, and other spieces

(im not sure if the last word is right) :)

thank you guys for making this mod

:x-wing:

Thanx for your comments.

As to your first question: No, no there will not be any rocket launchers, BFG's, Vacuum Claeaners or anything else not proper.

There will ONLY be weapons seen in the episodes 4-6 in Rebel Strike...

We are discussing the inclusion of alien species in Rebel Strike... Frankly, in the movies, not at once have I seen an alien race dressed in the suits of rebels or imperials in the movies... Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways,, we may or may not include this. If we do, they will be fewer than the humans..

And it's spelled -species- =)).

/Best regards. Jim - .Mod-leader & Graphics at the Rebel Strike crew.

hiphip Hurray

my prays has been answerd no RLs

well.....you are right i guess

i was thinking of Chewie then i asked about wookies but hes not dressed in unifom ;)

really looking forward for this mod

and good luck with the work

P.S. thanx for give me the right word :D

I know, those Cod heads ;) (Calamari). Yeah, well I dont think I saw them in any ground battles, though it's most likely there are some that are recruited for that purpose. Most of them supplies the rebel alliance with the great Calamari Cruisers that helps the Rebel Alliance alot in space battles and acts as crew on those.

Hi all im new

I was looking over on starwars.com and im sure i read that the calamari were infact good warriors and had a big influence in the Rebel Alliance. As for Alien Races, i really think you should include some alien races, maybe as Allies ? for instance, Naboo & Gungans, Rebel Alliance & Ewoks (maybe give them better weapons), Wookies & rebels, Battle Droids & Empire. I dont think you should worry too much about making unrealistic alliances in this MOD, afterall, i cant think of more than 3 - 4 battles in the 3 episodes of Star Wars. If you were really considering "sticking" to the movie your MOD would be rather short, and i would like to see this MOD take off

Anyway thats my views :) hope you consider some of these ideas

:naboo:

yeah the Calamaris' were most likely troopers too. Though I never saw them in that profession :).

We wont mix the episode 4-6 with 1-3 though. It wouldn't feel right to do that when we aim to get a mod based on episode 4-6.

As stated before, we don't know yet about alien races, maybe they will be in or maybe they'll be out. We're discussing that :).

If you watch closely, you'll notice that there are quite a few Rebels who are non-human, especially in Return of the Jedi. However, an overwhelming number of Rebels are human, and since all Stormtroopers and other armored Imperial troops are, well, armored, you can't really see them, although it can be assumed they are humans as well. Officers are all human, as are members in the Imperial Navy.

Actually...by nature the Empire was human naturalists and non excepting of all species non human. There were a few exceptions but by and large the Imperials were all human. There were those that were slaves of the Empire and they were mostly non human species. This was mostly due to the Emporers Dark Side characteristics.

Calamarians were good warriors but they mostly brought Starships to the Rebellion and naval tactics. Later history they brought Starfighters.

If you are wanting to be "historically" accurate I would check out some of the role playing fan sites. I don't know any off the top of my head and I have some source books here.

If you need help I could find some links to rpg sites or rummage around for some stuff... jedimastyre@pawnsofchaos.net is the best way to get ahold of me...

Thanks

JM

Hi,, yeah I'll keep that in mind thank you...

Something that hit me yesterday while watching Episode 1 was that Darth Sidious (Palpatine) had an alien apprentice (Zabrak) in the first episode. Maybe his failure as a Sith was the reason of him never having any alien races (Except Grand Admiral Thrawn and a few others) in the empire.. Just thinking aloud. :)

Probably most unlikely, but....

:bdroid2:

the Only Imperial That was Not A human

(correlian) <i know spelling>

Was

Grand Admiral Thrawn

who was only In comics and Games (Rebellion)

But the Empire did hire non human Bounty Hunters

:fett:

Zuccus

ig-88 who was even a droid

non human (correlian) in the empire was basically frowned upon and unacepted

As for the alliance

In the movies there are many non human

Rebels, however they were almost all pilots

Nien Numb (co-pilot to Lando during the battle of endor)

Admiral Ackbar (fish head guy in ROTJ) :deathii:

i suggest having a system that allows people who recieve more kills to develop jedi points, and make it so you can buy force powers/lighsaber with those points

or something

EVERY STARWARS MOD SHOULD HAVE A SABER (FORCE POWERS I CAN HANDLE WITHOUT BUT ATLEAST AN OCASIONAL SABER)

• 3 weeks later...

Actually....

there WERE non-human imperials.

Thrawn was the only non-human to be an Admiral, much less a grand admiral

(I could be slightly off about this, but I am usre that at least he was the only non-human Grand Admiral)

just wanted to mention that!

Snow

An empire fight against a Calamari stronghold would rock! It would give an opportunity to code different types of weapons, for different tactics. And it must have happened somewhere sometime. All you'd need is a switched model, and different weapons.

And the gungans, as a 2nd update to the game or something would be lots of fun. Slow reload troops w/ weird sling weapons and shields. Modified at-st vehicle for a catapult beast. Trade Federation droids could act like storm troopers w/ different models. Fighting in the naboo jungles vs trade droids would rock. There could also be a Jawa vs Tusken map, that would be lots of fun 8). I do agree that the hoth battle should not include anything other than humans.

Thrawn.. what a huge mistake that was by Timothy Zahn. He knew the Empire hated aliens, hell he even wrote the Emperor was an extreme xenophobe.....

and who gets to be his Grand Admiral: Thrawn (lol).

Just weird imo.

I loved his books tho, but that was one of the few things that bothered me.

And err... will the rebels have gungan species? I mean. some of Jar Jar's relatives must've survived the first 3 episodes and joined the rebellion right? It'd be great to be a stormtrooper and shoot Jar Jar's grandson. :)

All books and everything else related to Star Wars must be confirmed by Mr.Lucas himself. Btw, The Empire is known to bend their rules sometimes to achieve their goals.

I don't think we'll include Gungans. I'm actually one of those weird people that respects all films and likes Jar Jar. Can't be many that does that. It's as George Lucas said in an interview:

When The Empire Strikes Back came out everybody hated C3PO. When Return Of The Jedi came out everybody hated the Ewoks. Now, when The Phantom Menace was released, everybody hated Jar Jar. It's always been the same people since ESB until TPM. Get a Life.

/Best Regards. Jim- Modleader & modeler at Rebelstrike crew.

• 5 weeks later...

Prehaps taking the Supremacy/Rebellion point of view might be viable, with Wookiees, Sullustians and Mon Calamarians fighting alongside Humans.Hell its only a skin, The Rebels are an awkward conglomeration of species(mainly human) where as the Empire are Humans( with the exception of Thrawn, and the exception was because he was a genius.)

But thats just my thoughts, its the Rebel Strike Teams Mod.

Archived