Home

WinXP and JK2Radiant?

Absath

Ok Ive searched around, and havent seen any other posts relating to this issue, so Ive gotta ask it. I just recently made the jump to WinXP, and for the most part im glad. For some reason tho, now i cant compile my maps in jk2radiant. I was using win98 se before and it worked like a charm, but now when i do bsp>bsp fullvis, all i get is a little dos window that pops up and some directory text pointing to the map im trying to compile in the base>maps folder, and two files in my c:/documents and setting folder. on is junk.txt and the other is qe3bsp.exe.

the map just wont compile. i get the window with 3 directory structures back to back, and it just sits there. has anyone else had this problem? know how to fix it? ive already tried reinstalling the tools, and ive even tried it on a computer that never had the tools to begin with...*shrug* same result, so there must be something i need to change somewhere. can anyone tell me what it is?

-Abs

Create a batfile with this in it :

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -bsp -samplesize 32 C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/wls_ctf4.map

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -vis -fast C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/wls_ctf4.map

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\sof2map -light -extra -samplesize 32 C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\\base/maps/wls_ctf4.map

Hope it's not too arrogant :) j/k

When you click fullvis, if you wait a while, it will compile(At least in my experience), but the DOS window will not close. After it goes the fist time, I'd suggest opening Windows explorer, go to your maps folder, make sure View Details is on, and watch it as Fullvis is running. That way you can tell by the Date Modified whether or not your map updated, as it gives the time as well. I hope this helps. :)

If it doesn't work, try putting it in Windows 2000 compatibility mode and then try again. I dunno if it will work while not in Windows 2000 compatibility mode or not, as I have it set to it and haven't tried to compile with it off.

rofl unikorn, you damned elitist bastard ;) thanks. ill give that a whirl. where would i place the .bat? in the maps? in base? in the tools folder?

and excuse my winxp newbieness, i only recently decided to try it out, but how do i turn on 2000 compatability?

Well, this l33t batfile actually works everywhere.

Only to test my map I use this in a batfile :

C:\Progra~1\Lucasa~1\StarWa~1\GameData\jk2mp.exe +set sv_pure 0 +devmap duel_wls3

but this batfile needs to be located in the dir where jk2mp.exe is located. I have a shortcut to it on my desktop. Build, save, windowskey+m, click my 2 batfiles and I am testing ;)

To change compatibility mode, right click the program, go down to and click properties, then click the compatibility tab. Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the OS.

Archived