Home

First Screen shots added...

Jim@Rebelstrike

Hey everyone.

For anyone who's missed the update on the Rebel Strike site:

We've put up two screens of two weapons to be inlcuded in the mod. One is the Rebel Blaster DH-17 that is seen in the movies used by the Rebel Troopers. The other one is a heavy blaster pistol: BlasTech DL-44. this one is seen used by Han Solo through out the films. Though Han Solo's blaster is heavily modified so it looks pretty different from this. This is the original one :).

Here is some information about the two guns as they will be in the mod:

-DH-17-

This weapon will be the similarity to the BlasTech E-11 Blaster used by the stormtroopers. Pretty fast fire, pretty jumpy when fired repeatedly Medium strong rifle. Contains perhaps 30 shots capacity in the mod. Or maybe a little more (not decided of yet).

-DL-44-

In the movies you can see Han Solo master this weapon. Though Han has a DL-44 he has modified it heavily so it will be a shorter range weapon thus very powerful for it's relatively small size.

In Rebel Strike this will be one of the most powerful blaster pistols. It's very accurate but slow firing. And deadly powerful. Contains a somewhat small clip of about 10 or 12 bullets. Perhaps less (Not decided of yet).

/Best regards. Jim - .Mod-leader & Graphics at the Rebel Strike crew.

if your interested...

the dl44 had about half the shots of the standard issue rebel blaster...25 i believe...and 50 for standard blaster. There are smaller holdout sized blasters in the star wars universe that have like 6 shots and could fit roughly in your palm.

Another intereting point is that blasters also rely on gas as well as a power pack. So the standard blaster was good for i think 100 shots with one fill of gas ... so that is two power packs before you have to re-energize your blaster. The dl44 was 50 shots on gas and 25 per power pack.

I always thought it would be interesting for this concept to enter into a star wars game...

but this is just pocket change...

JM

and I don't want to forget..your models are awesome!!

Thanx for your comments :).

Yeah I know about the size of the mags. The only thing is that it's a good thing to have frequent reloads in a game like this. It allows you to i.e take new ground while the enemy reloads his weapon. This is a strategical feature in any fps shooter. But we're still discussing if we're going to stay to the true magazine capacity or alter it a bit.

/Best regards. Jim - .Mod-leader & Graphics at the Rebel Strike crew.

I scanned a picture for you from my dutch version of the SW fact files. It's Han's blaster:

http://www.rendo.dekooi.nl/~gkonings/gb/dl44.jpg

Notes:

- The standard version does not have the scope, that is a gadget from Solo himself.

- The gun vibrates when there was energy for 5 shots or less (as a warning)

- Range is 50 meters

Hope you can do something with it.

Archived