Home

Who of you would really want a sequel or perhaps a new adventuregame...

I would really like to see a new adventuregame announced on E3, I think the StarWars freaks (no offence) have enough games to look forward to anyhow. I mean it's released or announced a new star wars game every week...

I've had it with star wars games now, can't they even make a new adventuregame every two years or something, that would be awesome. And they can make it to a console too, they had a poll not too long ago which PS2 game were most popular, and

EMI came 2nd, so I'm sure they profit from them.

But let me know how many adventuregame fans who are out there and really would want a new game, and maybe share some of your thoughts about what that should be (a sequel or a new game?)...

HEY! im not a freak.... im a Starwarsian :D :D :p;)

well i thought that Grim Fandango was realy great and cool.. i was kinda hoping that they make a new one... but with different charachters.,.. you know.. not manny but someone else who gets into trouble... that would be great.

In the perfect world I would want a new, original adventure, but right now I'd just settle for an original game. I mean, hell, the last original LEC game, not based on any of their franchises, was Grim, right? And that was released in '98. Bring on Gladius. :)

I would love to see a sequel to Sam & Max, Full Throttle, or Day of the Tentacle/Maniac Mansion.

Well, Infinite Machine is working on a new Sam & Max game where they are taking their private investigation skills to deep space, but it looks to be coming to console. :(

Full Throttle 2? I haven't thought about this one lately, but it was actually one of those original ideas for a game that could be easily expanded. You already controlled Ben driving his bike few times, so maybe sequel could take that whole concept a little bit further and combine action with adventure, so that also those non-adventure gamers could jump into gameplay more easier. "Pure" adventure games don't sell very well these days. :rolleyes:

Maniac Manson 3/Day of the Tentacle 2? Hmmm... You know, it has been a long time since I played the original game, so I can't say for sure... How about putting Sean Clark and Michael Stemmle back together? I bet they would come up a funny storyline as they also brought Monkey Island 4 back to its roots. :D

Originally posted by Quazme

I would love to see a sequel to Sam & Max, Full Throttle, or Day of the Tentacle/Maniac Mansion. Those games rock!

or in other words, any new game for PC....

Heeeeee. Last year the gripe was "Too much Star Wars! Not enough original games!" This year its "Too much Console! Not enough PC games!"

I doubt you'll be able to get Simon to commit to 50/50 PC/Console this year though like he did with Star Wars/Original last year :)

I would like to see Lucas Arts doing what most computer gaming companies are doing in the last few years. And when they release a game they don't release it only for one system. They release it for many consoles as well as the computer. Since I don't have a console and won't be buying one it's nice to have a game available on a computer. Lucasarts did a good job with releasing :indy: and the infernal machine. On several different consoles and as well as the computer.:)

I remember that promise and Simon did keep it in regards to some original gaming, but of course Adventure games have evolved and I know that more than anyone....just looking at some of the great titles out there I can see where some hybrids of Adventure exist and the new PS2/GC game seems to prove it.

However even with the Star Wars RPGs coming out, I still expect an Adventure game from Lucasarts....or they'd become another Sierra....brrrrr....shivers, I hope that doesn't happen.

Sascha

Archived