Home

ATTN RAVEN DEVS (inside)

PsYk0

Too much blocking going on, the damage system friggin' sucks and isn't as accurate as it used to be (I'm talking about sabers going completely through other players without damaging them on a full swing). And, wtf were you guys smoking when you decided to include saber throw on NF servers?

Please fix your game.

Thanks!

I think one of the most notable problems with the new blocking system is one back in JK1. I'm not entirely sure what causes it but it has something to do with the network code.

Often your computer it will appear you hit someone while you actually didnt according to the server. This is called by the blocking animation and packets (I think) not being sent to your computer. Like I said I'm not sure of the cause, but the effect is clearly that we have very little bearing on our opponent's HP.

Originally posted by Pseudonym

You already bought the game, they don't have to do anymore.

We're lucky we got this patch. And if the whining continues, we'll be very lucky to get another.

well you know what? It's a different game now! At least id software had the courtesy of making a few tweeks over a series of patches. Not completely change gameplay with one patch. And yes, developers have to patch games if they plan on making money and more games. That would be suicide you're speaking of.

Originally posted by Cow_JK:O

I think one of the most notable problems with the new blocking system is one back in JK1. I'm not entirely sure what causes it but it has something to do with the network code.

Often your computer it will appear you hit someone while you actually didnt according to the server. This is called by the blocking animation and packets (I think) not being sent to your computer. Like I said I'm not sure of the cause, but the effect is clearly that we have very little bearing on our opponent's HP.

That would make sense because the duel servers that I've been playing on are pinging 150+. All my favorite servers that ping around 50 haven't applied the patch yet (smart). Heh, never realized that.

Archived