Home

New idea for a counter against backstabs

Dvlos

That or else move out of the way.

Worked for me last night.

This force push then stab complaining is annoying. You could force push and heavy swing and kill in one hit too on the original version but I didn't hear any complaints.

1-Shoot them.

2-Pull them and whack them in the head with your saber.

3-Push them away.

4-Run away and fry them with lightning.

5-Turn on absorb and whack them in the head with your saber.

6-Start to run away, just as you think they are about to try and pull you, do a DFA and let their head meet your saber.

Seriously I really don't see what the big deal is with the backstab. If you are too slow to nail your opponent before they get in range for it (or get close enough for the Force pull that takes you off your feet) then you were bound to be beaten by a faster reacting opponent from the start of the fight.

"But this dude came up and pulled me from behind when I was dueling with some guy"

Even if you took the backstab out, someone would of still came up and gripped you, shot you, pushed you, sabered you, hit you in the groin with a roll of duct tape...

And as for the people that run around backwards, if you seriously can't beat someone that is not even looking at you, try playing Zoo Tycoon or something.

• 1 month later...

Are you daft. The same tactics you guys are rehashing all assume this thing: your opponent is the dumbest backstabber on the planet. Sure, everyone can beat a run-of-the-mill assfighter, but there are skilled backstabbers out there. It's the only power move that doesn't have a grave consequence for missing, unlike dfa and medium slasher, which leave you wide open if you fail to connect. Face it, it needs to be nerfed.

Originally posted by D.L.

This force push then stab complaining is annoying. You could force push and heavy swing and kill in one hit too on the original version but I didn't hear any complaints.

There was alot of complaining about that. That's why the made dfa not a one hit kill because everyone was spamming it.

I prefer to use "Force WOOHOO", only available with the lando skin.

Try it sometime, I was playing CTF on ctf_narshadda a couple days ago, and was starting to get bored. So I held down the taunt key, put away my saber, and tried to see how close to the enemy flag I could get with nothing but WOOHOO.

Nearest I got was the platform with the sentry gun on it. :( The other team thought it was too funny, if they tried to kill me I just stood there shouting WOOHOO until I either died or they ran away.

I woulda made it to enemy flag if the map timeout hadn't hit while I was midroute.

Originally posted by Deus Proeliorum

I find tt the best tactic against someone trying to backstab is simply to walk backwards and throw the saber. he can't block and it hits for an easy 30 health.

Well, that doesn't help much if you only play NF....

Actually, the problem is that the blocking arc is too wide:

Try hitting someone from behind with a blue attack - they will most certainly block it.

The same tactics you guys are rehashing all assume this thing: your

I have to agree... most assfighters aren't very skilled at it. I find that most of the time these techniques will work and occasionally one will work *every* time against the same person. That's because he's conditioned himself to repitition and habit. Often this same assfighter will get tired of being counter-spammed and I'll see "[insert assfighting idiot] Disconnecte" and see a green flash of light beaming his/her sorry ass (no pun intended) out of the map.

However: I have also frequently run into assfighters who are quite skilled at showing their ass and impaling others with their sabers. At first, I usually just disconnected and went somewhere else out of frustration, but lately I've resolved myself to attempting to learn from them. If I'm on a map where assfighting is the norm or is at least accepted, I've started doing it too. This is also helping me understand the move better and I've started being able to counter it more effectively against the proffessional ass.

Oh.. I meant assfighter.

This forum needs to come up with a smilie that shows a mooning jedi (or at least a wookie) in honor of the assfighter.

Big Daddy Skin'

BTW, the most effective two counters I've used (both inconjunction with absorb) is 1) back up and saber throw a couple of times, side step and WACK! and 2) use absorb and protect and go straigt at the approaching ass with a stun baton!

after using 2), be sure to have "OMG! I just killed you with my Stun Baton!" binded to a key! LOL.

Big Daddy Skin'

Tactic 1 - Kick the crap outta the assfighter till they change tactics.
If I do that as the ass is approaching, will I be able to get a kick in before the stab? I'll have to try once...

Tactic 2 - Mindtrick, blue lunge.

That one I'll definately try....:)

Originally posted by SkinWalker

If I do that as the ass is approaching, will I be able to get a kick in before the stab? I'll have to try once...

Well, depends, if you have a good ping the chances are you'll kick em before they lunge (works well enough for me). :)

That one I'll definately try....:)

Lol, when I was playing Jedi VS Merc, it helped me whip so much. :)

Guy called me an Assfighter today . . . I pulled and Backstabbed him . . know why? . . cause I was sick of getting SNIPED and shot while I was fighting other guys . . . So I jumped up there PULLED and stuck my saber through his heart!! . . .

I try to go on SABER only "free for all's" , but sometimes there is just more people on the guns/saber ones . . . My biggest gripe is . . if you use your gun I will pull/stab spam you . . simple . . I gotta end it quick, cause I hate to use guns . .

I called him on calling me a Assfighter, and said then lets duel . . This way I couldn't pull/backstab him . . so he just keeps on DFA spamming while we fought in the challenge . . LOL . . what a loser . .

Archived