Home

Gladius Madness

Gladius has been announced, though the site seems to be having issues, as LucasArts.com does when they update.

Looking at screenshot seven there appears to be a little bit of writing on his armor there. After some quick ajusting and filtering with my computer I think I got a good look at what it actually says. My findings are posted here.

weird, huh?

I noticed your title is INSANE jake. :p

That's stupid. For that good quality text to appear (when zoomed) the text would have to be a vector based layer. This is a jpg meaning no layers meaning pixels.

in other words. you LIE!

Nice. :D Once again, as they did with Outlaws, LEC has taken a familiar theme used in the classic movies and made a game out of it before anyone else even thought about it. Like RTX, this is also made in-house, so they will probably be gaining more praises of their quality job than most gamers would like to give them after last two-three years. Too bad though that both of these games are only coming to consoles. :(

Originally posted by Lord_FinnSon

Nice. :D Once again, as they did with Outlaws, LEC has taken a familiar theme used in the classic movies and made a game out of it before anyone else even thought about it. Like RTX, this is also made in-house, so they will probably be gaining more praises of their quality job than most gamers would like to give them after last two-three years. Too bad though that both of these games are only coming to consoles. :(

Or instead of Classic films. They could just be hoping to make some money on the hype of "Gladiator" I think the one gladiator does have a resemblance to "Maximus" Russell Crowe.

I think that of all the titles Lucasarts has announced by now, this one looks like it has the most potential. The characters don't look as dull as those (or should I say "that one"?) in RTX and it looks like it manages to convey atmosphere. It sure looks more vivid than Eternal Darkness does for example.

So far, the Lucasarts-lineup has been pretty disappointing for me, since the titles-to-be-announced that are floating around the boards didn't get me too excited. This one has potential though.

It looks like Lucasarts are spreading the spectrum of titles 50/50 PC and Console which is great in my opinion. Although the PC is my favourite gaming tool, the PS2 is also brilliant and will be the only console I will own for at least a few more years...until PS3, hee hee ;)

Sascha

Archived