Home

How to make a patch everyone hates

HappyPrancer

As most of you know, there has been a lot of negative feedback about the latest patch.

Let's look at some of the changes they made:

DFA move is worse

Heavy stance is slower

grip is slower

some weapons take more ammo

drain takes more power

heal gives less health...

They made so many things worse, but made very little better. The only thing I can name off the top of my head is that light stance is faster(I think).

I don't have a problem with them changing things, but at least give us something thats better than it was.

If you make a move do less damage, make it faster.

If you make a move slower, make it do more damage.

You get the idea. Balancing can be done not only by making strong moves worse, but by making weaker moves better.

No wonder the patch got such a crappy reception, they took everything , made it worse, and gave us nothing in return

-HP

Your a retard HappyPrancer, just cause you cant do your cheap moves anymore, why don't you take the time to learn how to play it now that it has beenupdated and is MUCH better! And stop pulling all that stuff outof your ass it says no where on notes they changed that stuff!

Whatup1049-:p

It's too bad a large majority of the community favors this patch, HappyPrancer, according to the polls. I'm sure the percentage is even larger except that the rest of them are off playing the damn game.

DFA move is worse

Heavy stance is slower

grip is slower

drain takes more power

heal gives less health...

Not one of those things is bad.

Whats the opposite of a fanboy? Oh yea, a dickhead. Go away prancer.

seems everyone's wound a bit tight.

YOu'll note that I did not give an opinion of the patch, merely hypothesized about why there was so much negative feedback. In addition, all of my critisism was constructive. I gave suggestions on how to make a good patch. One would think with all the mindless whining on these forums, a little constructive critisism would be appreciated.

And to anyone who says the majority of the community like the patch, I beg to differ. Try reading a post or two in the official patch thread.

-HP

Originally posted by HappyPrancer

seems everyone's wound a bit tight.

after the plethora of go-nowhere 1.03-smells-like-bad-fish posts, i'm sure you can understand why.

YOu'll note that I did not give an opinion of the patch

you pointed out a series of changes they made, and then suggested that these were "making things worse". Throw me in with Darksider here. I think the changes they made were great. Not only the balancing issues, but also the enhanced saber play.

So either you DID submit an opinion, or you were merely taking the position of someone who hated the patch, and thus disregarding any rationality. you seem to have done a nice job in this regard.

And to anyone who says the majority of the community like the patch, I beg to differ. Try reading a post or two in the official patch thread.

This is only slightly more meaningless than a poll.

DFA move is worse

Heavy stance is slower

grip is slower

drain takes more power

heal gives less health

yeah, ok, now tell me whats wrong with ANY of these...DFA move is worse, when the only way to make that more powerful would be to freeze the person in their tracks while their being attacked

Heavy stance is supposed to be slow...why would you make an attack stance that deals that much damage faster, so you can make the kills cheaper and easier?

Grip is slower, so what, when it was fast, all people did was use it to get out of any situation with a catwalk leading into a chasm

Some weapons take more ammo, well, assuming your one of the people who believes that the most fair way to play is to abuse the hell out of the alt fire repeater, then i guess that WOULD be a problem.

Drain takes more power, and that couldnt be any better. drain was the easiest way to break out of ANY low health situation, leaving the other person defenseless, which was undoubtly a cheap move to be able to steal force, add health, and be able to kill them way too easier.

heal gives less health...and this is a problem to whom, people who repeately hit the "force key" while in a deul, assuming that any damage they take is automaticly replaced with only about a quarter of your force taken up?

i can guess that you must be one of the cheapest players alive, if all of these are such horrible things, when all they do is balance the game for the better, think about it.

Space Monkey §ß

:mob:

Yes, the majority does like the patch. Screw what topics you see on the first page; whiners are more likely to moan about why they hate it than fans are to rant about why they like it. The "Do you like the patch or not" polls generally are winning on the Yes side by at least a 2:1 margin, and I have never seen a poll with the No option in the lead.

Just to interject,

I'd like to explain what I meant by worse. I meant it is worse to use, less effective. The value of these moves has been reduced.

Regardless of how that affects multiplayer, I don't like having the value of anything reduced. If anything other moves should be made more usefull.

continue

-HP

CONS:

they removed all the medium stance moves

the backstab is to powerfull

less damage, it takes to long to kill someone (boring)

very limited hit indication

the hit range seems a bit too extended in every stance (unrealistic)

allows saber throw (as an option) in no force duel

PROS:

no more death from above spam

nice force adjustments

fixed some minor interface issues on the multi screen select

the ingame chat pop up box is cool (although it is over used)

the patch was a step in the right direction but all they had to do to the saber system was take out the dfa spam

I'm not sure any of you (except Drall and Happy) truly understand the patch yet... there are two or three new cheap moves, that will win any player the game. The object of the patch was to eliminate such cheap moves, but instead it has nerfed a lot of stuff like gunplay and drain/heal, instead of beefing up the WEAK bits. It's made EVERYTHING weak. Except the three cheap moves, of course.

I will play ANY of you in FF Duel or FFA, and win using the three new cheap moves. I don't WANT to use these cheap moves, but when I'm under pressure to win, I will use them, because my rivals use them to win also. What I wanted from this patch was no cheap moves, no drain-spamming, no DFA turning subterranian damage... But I've got a boring three move game instead. Make no mistake, it's easier to spam the new cheap moves than it was to spam the old cheap moves.

That's why this patch, is not good.

Well I, for one, have complete faith that Raven will do something about the backstabs in 1.04. They listened to what people were asking for (less heal/drain spamming. Less powerful DFA. Less alt-fire repeater spaming) for 1.03, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're going to do the same for subsequent patches.

Spider, that has nothing to do with it. Both versions have their cheap overpowered moves. No one's denying it; we're just going to have to wait for them to fix the remaining exploitable moves in the next patch. However, the amount of these moves has been drastically reduced since 1.02, which means it should be considered an improvement in that regard.

Heal and Drain were over-nerfed however. Neither of them are ANY use now, instead of just having their power taken down a notch or two, which is what they needed.

(edit)

Zek, perhaps you haven't noticed the completely spanking brand-new cheap moves yet, but believe me, their proliferation will be swift. It's depressing.

(/edit)

Originally posted by Spider AL

Heal and Drain were over-nerfed however. Neither of them are ANY use now, instead of just having their power taken down a notch or two, which is what they needed.

Not true at all. They're both very useful in duels; they're more just supplements rather than the driving force that keeps you alive. No single force power should be as necessary as those two were before.

you know, I did the pull+backstab combo back in 1.02 on occasion. worked just as well then, it was just overshadowed by DFA.

I still find heal and drain useful, though. I think the idea that someone should be able to fully heal on a single mana charge, be it with drain or heal is almost as bad as giving people god mode. As long as a player stays out of harms way, they can quickly get any and all lost health back that way.

No single force power should be as necessary as those two were before.

That's entirely your opinion. However, it's worth noting that the one-hit-kill methods I employed to win duels before the patch, are EVEN more effective now. I've tried them you know. Darksiders now have no defence against me at all. Imbalance has been created, hence the patch is not a step in the right direction.

Spider, there is only one really cheap tactic in the game now. Before, there were plenty... DFA, Heavy backslash(same as now),

Drain/Grip, Drain/Anything, Heal whoring... Nothing's been added, only taken away. I fail to understand how you consider the backslash tactic so much easier to do now, though.

Archived