Home

How many "skilled" players really fell for 1.02 DFA?

Dunpeel

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey1315

the reason people didnt like the DFA move, 1 hit 1 kill is that people would fly randomly into flurrys of deulers, and more than likely kill one

This statement makes no sense and holds zero water for the following reasons:

In FFA, if two people are dueling, then a third person should not be able to hurt them due to the duel system.

In a Duel server, this obviously is not a problem, because there can be no more than two people dueling at a time.

In CTF, the action revolves around flags, not dueling. If you are wanting to duel, you should remove yourself from a CTF server.

I only play no force/saber only duel and I died alot to 1.02 DFA spamming and for one reason only; boredom.

Sometimes I would test these DFA spammers by avoiding them to see just how many times they'd do the same move over and over again seemingly without getting bored. Think the record was about 30.

And always without fail, when I told them they were being extremely boring they immediately interpreted that as me being pissed by losing to them. Kill me all you want, just don't bore me!

I could easily avoid them all day long (looking apart form the bugged hit detection) if not for my impatience. I'd simply lose my patience and make some foolish mistake and get whacked.

Must admit I had a slight chuckle with the implementation of 1.03. The days of the DFA spammers are counted, and anyone foolish enough to use that move now has it coming for them :D .

Another thing; seen more than one red stancer arguing that they're more skilled because they use single 'well-aimed' attacks and the rest of us are just swinging our sabers around wildly hoping for a miracle. While this may be true in a some cases, it clearly shows they know not of what they speak. I use yellow stance exclusively and I know what I am doing every split second even though it may seem chaotic.

There also seems to be an inherent coincidence between red stancers and players that play only for the scores. Had a little talk with one of them once and he argued that only winning is fun and it was the sole reason he played. Furthermore he insinuated that my talk of having fun playing with people as much as against them and to not being a bore with his DFA spamming was a product of me losing/being a loser. Now, my philosophy kinda dictates I should feel sorry for such types, but somehow I just wanna put them out of their misery and free the world of them by crushing their cute little skulls with an :atat:.

Did I mention red stance single move spammers are BORING?

Knowing that this post will change nothing I am

Jubatus

Archived