Home

Fantastic patch!

Sir Losealot

I've just finished 18 hours marathon of JK2 with the patch. It was fantastic experience but after so long time of playing my hands are stiff, eyes itchy and brain quite dull. So, please forgive me any incoherent statements.

3 weeks ago I stopped playing JK2 because of the imbalance issues. In my humble opinion, the game after the patch, is much better.

Saber fights are longer and more enjoyable. Finally, the blue, light stance has some use in MP.

DFA (Death from above - for those new to the forum) is fixed. It is fun to counter attack DFA without being worried about deadly saber in the ground.

I never touch guns and now I have actually an equal chance when facing a gunner. No more complains from me. I am also dying from guns a lot but I feel that the game balance is much better that before.

I really love the backstab. I die from it and kill with it and the animation is just awesome.

The forces adjustments are fine with me. Previously, I was playing only dark side (grip and drain) but now I enjoy the light side with absorb. More saber fight and less force spamming.

I didn't notice any changes in people's tactics and in using forces. Perhaps with the exception of light stance which is used much more often as it should have been from the beginning.

Of course, there are some silly things like trying to abuse backstab and running backwards. It looks stupid but backstab can be avoided with much less effort that previously DFA. In duels backstab seems to have less usage and importance.

I don't know also why did they change kick to double tap jump but I can live with it. The rest of the changes like keyboard above the head while typing or icons in the server browser are very nice additions.

Why I am writing about it? I guess because of all those negative comments about the patch on this forum.

It seems that people write more here than play. One example is when I was leaving the game and forum 3 weeks ago, one member who joined in April like me had less posts than I. Now, he has about 500 and is still dissatisfied with the game! When does he find time to play the game?

Concluding all of the above. After the patch, fun factor of JK2 went way up for me. I am not saying that the changes in the patch are perfect but it is a move in the right direction. Thanks to dev. team.

If you had a similar experience with the game after the patch, please tell us. If you feel like of course.

Please don't flame me. I am just expressing my private, subjective opinion about the patch.

May the patch be with you!

I completely agree, unfortunately all of the folks that love this patch are playing the game so you won't see as may cudos as your seeing gripes.

I've played against two to three dozen player so far and when I ask about the patch they always reply with favorable comments.

If you want to get a bunch more people posting on the forums then start unpatching things and they'll surely come.:eek:

Originally posted by MrCrusher

I completely agree, unfortunately all of the folks that love this patch are playing the game so you won't see as may cudos as your seeing gripes.

YES! This is true, mostly upset people here. Happy people are playing. I like the patch too. I win just as often as before, but have more fun doing it now.

Just expect these guys to call you a noob. Because they use the excuse that only a noob would like the patch. Ignore them, it's great!

"I really love the backstab. I die from it and kill with it and the animation is just awesome."

I know :D . But seriously, backstab is such a cool move. It makes you think twice before sneaking up on someone and whacking them from behind. And it's a great way to level things up when you're simultaneously attacked by 5 wildly swinging, bloodthirsty maniacs. It those situations it seems, though, that you end up backstabbing by accident quite often (retreating + swinging = BS)

The backwards-running people look like morons and they know it. I doubt it'll last for long. Besides, they aren't a threat if you just keep your eyes open. The pull+swipe combo is more of a problem, though.

You know what's funny? --> the DFA-whores! Man, they still keep spamming it in post-patch games! Over and over and over again! LOL! You almost feel sorry for them...

Btw - great game yesterday Sir Losealot :D . But I would have owned you 40-0 if it wasn't for the lag and the..like..the...you know, the "stuff" that prevented me from using my $kIllZ. :D:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Luc Solar

You know what's funny? --> the DFA-whores! Man, they still keep spamming it in post-patch games! Over and over and over again! LOL! You almost feel sorry for them...

Exactly! And they can't understand what is happening when they land and get pounded with swings. It's an extreme pleasure to play against DFA spammers, now.:D No wonder that so many people (former DFA experts?) are upset with the patch. :p

"Btw - great game yesterday Sir Losealot :D . But I would have owned you 40-0 if it wasn't for the lag and the..like..the...you know, the "stuff" that prevented me from using my $kIllZ. :D:rolleyes: "

Luc Solar, I would like to thank you too for the exciting games, yesterday. Despite of the lag (how much was it? 50 ms? :D) these were great games.

I know that you are 133t $kIllZx0r and you own me even when asleep. :D I have to also admit that I am a total n00b and was using some help. My mom was tapping the mouse, my wife pressing jump key and I was just moving around and simultaneously reading tips and hints for JK2. Sorry for this. It won't happen again. :D I am looking forward to play with you, again.

Originally posted by Sir Losealot

I know that you are 133t $kIllZx0r and you own me even when asleep. I have to also admit that I am a total n00b and was using some help. My mom was tapping the mouse, my wife pressing jump key and I was just moving around and simultaneously reading tips and hints for JK2. Sorry for this. It won't happen again. :D I am looking forward to play with you, again.

Yes, you seem to be quite intelligent since you realize the full potential of Luc Solar's 0wNage-$k!llZ, that were simply hampered by the unbearable lag that day. At times I swear I got a ping of >60! Bah! It was like spitting in a hurricane!

But seriously..I have to admit that I had some help too. One HaX0rz showed me a few cool scripts, and I was able bind tricky moves like Jump, Roll Backwards and Dodge to simple key combinations. (f.ex when dodging, all I have to do now is press AltGr+W while holding down left shift.) All this helped me a lot and let me focus 100% on the even more complicated aspects of the game, like swinging the pointy, sparkly red thingy towards people :D .

May the patch be with us All, Sir Losealot.

(f.ex when dodging, all I have to do now is press AltGr+W while holding down left shift.)

The AltGr+W+left shift combo is incredible. It has solved my problem with walking straight in the game and getting stuck in the corners. Thanks for sharing.

Initially, I was having a problem with pressing it at the same time. But the problem was alleviated again with the help of my mother-in-law, my wife and sometimes my left foot.

And btw, in the future please, restrain yourself from giving out the confidential pieces like this. The walls have ears and enemy is everywhere. We don't want anybody to use this deadly combo against us, don't we? :D

All this helped me a lot and let me focus 100% on the even more complicated aspects of the game, like swinging the pointy, sparkly red thingy towards people :D

Do you mean by this that you actually figured out the purpose of this mysterious and colorful neon lamp we have to carry through the game? I was just wondering why anybody would like to swing a fluorescent lamp. What to speak of actually hitting someone's head with it.

I am full of admiration for your HaXOrz $k!llz, Luc Solar. This game has many uncovered dimensions which I am discovering with your help. :D

May the patched neon lamp be with you, Luc Solar.

I know that you are 133t $kIllZx0r and you own me even when asleep. I have to also admit that I am a total n00b and was using some help. My mom was tapping the mouse, my wife pressing jump key and I was just moving around and simultaneously reading tips and hints for JK2. Sorry for this. It won't happen again. I am looking forward to play with you, again.

...................ROFLMAO!!!!:p:D

--Looks like Losealot and Luc have been hittin' da wacky a bit too much lately!;):p

Since you all seem happy with this patch, would you mind posting some tips about it?

I've always been a Medium stance user and since now it's almost useless, i'd like to know what am I doing wrong... I guess blocking and counter-attacking is out of the question (since the enemy just blocks it..), strong style is useless and light style is practically a spamfest as it seems...

What am I doing wrong???? Why can't I damn hit an enemy while he's swinging his saber to the other side and i'm attacking his back??

About the DFA nerf, obviously it's good you can't turn, but currently it does around 60 damage (if it lands) and the enemy can easily block it (sometimes from the back as well)...

The only slash that actually does damage is the backslash, no wonder why people are running backwards all the time...

ShockV1.89:

I and Luc Solar are located in Finland so naturally we use Finnish servers or those close to Finland. Most often we play on the following Team FFA - No Force dedicated server: Peliportti Jedi Knight2 - Team, 212.246.235.104:2807

You are always welcome to join us. :)

Soul- Burn:

I thought exactly like you and that's why I switched to light stance and backstab. But today it was proved to me that the medium stance is not useless at all.

It was Team FFA. And the guy, who was using medium stance, linked up some swings and it was really deadly. Much more deadly in the crowd than backstab. He was on the top of the scoreboard all the time.

The swings were very fluent and while crouching, he was swinging around, across from the top right side to the left bottom side (if I am not mistaken). He was taking out with this swing a bunch of people. I couldn't repeat it consistently but it just a matter of figuring it out and writing it down.

He was getting 3 times more kills than anybody else. Backstab was too slow to counter his swing. It was just too difficult to position oneself for backstab before his swing would hit you.

Also, I noticed today, how easy it was for medium stance player to avoid being backstabbed. When he saw that I was going to backstab him. He was jumping above my head and was trying to hit me with one of those medium stance acrobatic finishing movements.

Regarding backward runners, they don't pose any real threat. And as Luc Solar has already mentioned they just look like morons including me when I am doing it. :D Backstab is very good in the crowd but with 1 on 1 has a very limited use.

Sorry, for the vague descriptions but I am basically just a button musher and I don't intend to be taken for anything else. :p

I've noticed that when I try to be too analytical about the swings, I always lose and don't enjoy the game as much. But it's just me. Always taking it the easy way out. :D

My easy guess is that the changes brought by the patch will be discovered gradually. So, there is no need for panic and lament. At least not yet. :D

S!TH!NAT0R:

Apropos hittin' da wacky. Yesterday, I joined Duel server and we were inventing new kinds of bow downs before the fight.

The favorite one, was to hit a crouch button as fast as possible the while looking up and down very fast. The effect is hilarious.

We were also combining taunt animations into idiotic movements which looked like an argument or fist fighting. Combine it with funny comments about one's look and saber skills, and you had one of a happy server, full of happy campers. :D

Also while playing on Team FFA server my team had a small ritual. After each kill the whole team was bunching up on the top of the unfortunate victim of our shiny neon light bulbs. Everybody was pressing crouch button up and down while pounding the lying body with sabers before it disappeared.

The effect was as if 10 people were jumping up and down on the corpse and hitting the light sticks in it. Is it sick and perverted? Maybe, but the satisfaction and an effect on the morale of our team were enormous. :D

The conclusion is that if we take this game for what it is - an entertainment tool - you can have a lot of fun and good time.

May the colored neon stick be with you! :D

Originally posted by Soul-Burn

I've always been a Medium stance user and since now it's almost useless, i'd like to know what am I doing wrong...

I've just found a more detailed description of the medium stance spin swing I was talking about. It is taken from the post of Vorax in Multiplayer Strategy Center Forum. I quote the whole text:

Originally posted by Vorax

It's not broken...skill is not just a suggestion anymore to winning matches, it is a requirement...I call that a fix :)

The red and yellow combos are just awesome, and look really cool when you pull them off.

Yellow spin swing is much more powerful then it was, but also harder to do:

back, attack+delay .25 seconds, then left or right.

Red ones are double and tripple attacks that are done by rotating around the direction keys.

back, attack+delay .25, right, back, left

Is just brutal..check that one out :)

- Vorax

I hope you will find it useful Soul-Burn.

I for one didnt find that the retail version didnt need THAT much changing. Sure the force powers needed tweaking and mabey the heavy stance DFA could have been toned down to where the blade isnt as "hot" for as long as it was. But now after playing the patch I find that only 1 method is being used to win the fights, and im just waiting to see how long it is before this is nerfed, the backstab using Fast is alright cause u have to aim fairly well for it to hit, but the medium and strong backwards slash has FAR to much range. The force pull is almost godly now, you dont even have to be "vulnerable" like swinging your saber/jumping/rolling etc to be pulled down to the ground, and when that happens its the "mop the floor move" aka medium/strong backslash and ur dead. Sure absorb works, but only till you run out and than your in a world o' hurtin. Im almost frightened to see what the next patch looks like. :(

Yeah, in dueling it feels like a game of "Who can hit with the combo first?" Sure, you can occasionally hit with regular swings (something I always use since the combos don't fit my strategy), but only when the other person makes a stupid mistake since regular swings get blocked about 95% of the time. Even then, they don't do all that much damage.

-Stele007

(can't register my own account :()

The AltGr+W+left shift combo is incredible. It has solved my problem with walking straight in the game and getting stuck in the corners. Thanks for sharing.

You are most welcome. I noticed you too had serious problems especially in NS where the path would suddenly turn left/right (with that annoying void below that makes you go "aaarrrghh"). There seemed to be no way out of those horrible situations! Now a simple combo can get you back on the right track. Amazing I say...long live my !-!aX0r-$klll$.

And btw, in the future please, restrain yourself from giving out the confidential pieces like this. The walls have ears and enemy is everywhere. We don't want anybody to use this deadly combo against us, don't we? :D

You are correct. I must edit my previous post..post..uhm post-haste. All I need is a few days to figure out a script for that and then..we can all sigh in relief.

Do you mean by this that you actually figured out the purpose of this mysterious and colorful neon lamp we have to carry through the game? I was just wondering why anybody would like to swing a fluorescent lamp. What to speak of actually hitting someone's head with it.

Well, I'm close to a breakthrough, that is all I can say. A while ago a noticed a sparkly effect when two fluorescent lamps made contact. I'm looking into that now. Unfortunately the process is very unstable, and I get teleported to a random location at the map soon after I see the sparks. :( Very strange indeed..

Oh, and ShockV1.89:

You're most welcome to join the fun, but remember not to interpet your score the wrong way. The amount of kills you get is simply a token of our benevolence towards the lesser-$killed players out there.

Both I and Sir Losealot are unbeatable.. especially now with the new script that let's us hide the glary light of the fluorescent lamp and become virtually invisible with a press of a single combination of buttons. (which I will not reveal to the public because of it's devastating power)

:D:rolleyes::D

Oh, and ShockV1.89:

You're most welcome to join the fun, but remember not to interpet your score the wrong way. The amount of kills you get is simply a token of our benevolence towards the lesser-$killed players out there.

LOL!!!! :D :D :D

Both I and Sir Losealot are unbeatable.. especially now with the new script that let's us hide the glary light of the fluorescent lamp and become virtually invisible with a press of a single combination of buttons. (which I will not reveal to the public because of it's devastating power)

:D:rolleyes::D

Unfortunately, not for long. Sooner or later people will figure it out how to take the batteries out of the stick. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

*Psstt..*

*Pssst*

.. Sir Losealot.. I have stumbled into a remarkable combo haxored in the depths of Zabercom_batzione.pdf/YmcA. Let this information not get in to the wrong hands, or the consequenses might be devastating!

I have revealed a combination of moves that allow you to see your enemies and avoid pumping your butt into walls, falling into pits, elevator shafts and so on. In hands of $killed l337R0x0rZx, this technique can also be used to perform a successfull FORWARD ATTACK. I like to call it "The forward Whack of Ultimate Death And Destruction", the WOU-DAD in short.

Should this information be known to the general public, I fear we would be up against impossible odds. Enemies attacking us face to face, using the WOU-DAD and it's incalculable variations as a weapon against us...attacking from various angles and...god help us...moving SIDEWAYS thus making defeating them even more difficult!

Share this information with no-one. With them running ass first like headless chicken we still have a good chance..and a laugh.*

Originally posted by devNiGHThaWk

what a ****ing nerd. 18 hours of this faggot ****. You really have no life along with all these other faggot jedis around you.

Nice "holier than thou" crap there, devNiGHThaWk. I don't see that you have the right to criticize people who are just expressing themselves and having so much fun with something that is meant for just that use.

I read through this forum today for the first time, and have to say, I will seek out their server, and enjoy mashing glow sticks with them. If their server is half as entertaining as their commentary, I will be a frequent visitor.

As for the location of Finland, I must admit it did catch my attention, seeing as my wife is from Kuopio. I do wonder where these new friends are located, for the sake of some geographical familiarity.

Also, do any of the players on your server use GameVoice or other voice chat software? I've been looking for a group of fun players who do use such software, so I can concentrate on playing the game w/o worrying about text chatting. I always thought it would be fun to be in a group with whom I could gain some familiarity, instead of being a server nomad.

Also, there's a lot to say for button mashing. Sometimes you wanna play well, other times you just wanna play.

LONG LIVE GLOW STICK TOATING BUTTON MASHERS!!! :D

TBJ (aka Blind Jedi Bo)

Originally posted by The Blind Jedi

I read through this forum today for the first time, and have to say, I will seek out their server, and enjoy mashing glow sticks with them.

As for the location of Finland, I must admit it did catch my attention, seeing as my wife is from Kuopio. I do wonder where these new friends are located, for the sake of some geographical familiarity.

TBJ (aka Blind Jedi Bo)

Heh...well you might find us playing every once in a while at Peliportti, but at this time I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. There's a horrible backstab-spamfest going on and I don't know if it will get better. Personally I'm not sure what annoys me more: the one who does the spamming or the one who is dumb enough to get killed by it over and over again, thus adding to the Spammers fragcount.. LoL!

But if you want to see 15 people backing their way into a big backstab-jungle time and again just to die randomly, spawn back and do it all over again, then..that is your place. Hurry! :D

Btw - I'm located 375km west of Kuopio..

Ps. Finnish women r0X0rzX..zz...X!!

Archived