Home

Here Ye Here Ye

Gaalgoth

This is a post designed for one thing: The formation of the Underground! In case you haven't read the previous post related to this topic, the Underground is an idea I came up with for we the members of the SWG forum to band together in a loose alliance and support each other once the game is released. We are going to need members of all classes, particularly manufacturers, designers, etc. If there is a class you want to be, put your name down! Only reply if you have a request to be a class representative, however; this isn't a thread for talking. If we have duplicates or multiple people wanting the same class, we will have a further discussion. So there you have it folks, make your marks in the Star Wars Galaxies!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, we have

Rommel as weapons manufacturer

and I believe

Darth Maxx wanted to be a droid builder.

As for me, I'm going for bounty hunter at the moment and that's not very useful if the bounties are random, so I'll just remain as an organizer in the Underground.

imma be a (evil)politic yo give every one a little advantage with the law....Let's say your in my city and you "accidently" ;) kill somone....I may just say that the victim is a liar :)

and (dark)jedi in my spare time; you know somone bounty hunter won't leave you alone ...i'l take care of it...for a small fee of course:P

I'll be a trader, and after the expansion comes out I'll be an offworld trader. There will probably be some space left on my cargo hauler, or cargo speeder to carry some people, rare goods or blasters for a good cause (a good cause for me that is) .

Maybe Arguille can be the designer for the weapons? At first yes I'll be able to manufacturer stuff I design but as I get designers contracted I'll be putting more and more skill points into manufacturing (for better quality of things I manufacture).

What would be very cool is if we could start a town!

Rommel

Designer

Manufacturer

Meglomaniac

Rich Bastard

:naughty:

"Hey kid, wanna buy a blaster?"

Yeah, a manufacturing town! It could be a moving town; like a giant sandcrawler that will move from one recource spot to another. We could get the things we need by giving out missions like:

- Fetch me some of those minerals in a specific period of time

- Create a design for xxxx credits

- Sabotage the manufacturing capabilities of the other PA town (hehe)

- Protect our convoys as they head to the various markets.

That way, our town will be swarming with players looking for a job, if our business is big enough that is.

Originally posted by Rommel

Maybe Arguille can be the designer for the weapons? At first yes I'll be able to manufacturer stuff I design but as I get designers contracted I'll be putting more and more skill points into manufacturing (for better quality of things I manufacture).

What would be very cool is if we could start a town!

Rommel

Designer

Manufacturer

Meglomaniac

Rich Bastard

:naughty:

"Hey kid, wanna buy a blaster?"

And I'll make some droids to help you in the shop ;)

@Gaalgoth: Count me in as Droid Maker/Builder

im on board if you guys can work it out. we'll need a miner next so we need to recruit someone. that way me rommel and the miner can take care o' bitness and our local politician can put up some big tariffs on outside trader punks. i wanna make anything BUT droids (particularly weapons and armor...maybe some clothing depending on how many skill points we get) so theres no cross over yet.

also, we will all need to start on the same planet. id prefer naboo, but im flexible.

i (of course) wanna make a second char to try for jedi, and i know ill have a human and a zabrak. i havent decided which will be which yet (zabrak jedi, human designer, or zabrak designer, human jedi) and im open to suggestions for which you guys would prefer working with. human might be easier to work with on the market. lemme know what you guys think.

It would make sense to start on the most popular planet = more customers. But I don't know which planet that is.

I was wondering, are we going to start a PA-town? If so, we need someone to defend it, or create defensive turrets. And what faction will our PA belong to? I personally would go for neutral, because it means that noone can attack you (without punishment).

yeah i kinda agree with the neutral thing. of course would we choose not to trade with a faction? if we traded with more than one we might get in trouble with all of them.

youre right though, we will need to find a way to defend the town, i doubt if our one bounty hunter can do it alone, since he'll be out on missions. i guess we would need to make some attack droids first since we the professions to do that now.

Maxx, tatooine was my second choice. but it is a desert so what kind of materials would you find there? i guess there will be equal kinds, but id rather pick a prettier spot.

oh yeah, almost forgot. as soon as we come up with a name we better move to the PA section before someone comes over mad at us for being in the wrong place. id settle for just the name of the forum as the PA name for now.

The defense of the town should be automatic (NPC controlled) It would not be pretty to see the town destroyed just because there were not enough players to defend it. I dont know how NPC hiring in SWG is done, but If every1 could supply the town with at least 3 defenders we should stand a chance of defending the town while the players are away.

Keep in mind that when we are neutral we need far less defenses than when we are declared; enough to scare of small groups of griefers and animals.

And the name of the forum as the PA name for the time being seems fine to me.

Tatooine is first choice for me too; if there are enough minerals and customers there. The customer thingy wont be such a big issue when the space expansion comes out.

i think either tatooine or naboo will be most popular, but they will also have some restrictions on building probably, because of continuity stuff.

I dont know about NPCs as gaurds. players will probably be better fighters than NPCs. i think droids would do best with what we have so far.

ok...now its up to our trusty bounty hunter/ organizer. what do you think Gaalgoth?

You mean Coruscant?

Forget it. Has a low probability of seeing the daylight.

With 256 square kilometers to cover - not only vertically - but also horizontly this would become a huge file just in it's self. :(

Would have been fun to see the sunsets there though. :p

My guess is coruscant will be an expansion someday;

Because the planet plays such an important role in the story, and is the capital-planet of the empire and the galaxy itself. The game will not really be complete without it. Imagine what you could do on that planet, sooo many things!

But from what I have seen, the developers want to give the customers what they expect on every aspect of this game. Therefore, alot of work is required for coruscant, easily a years work. Thats why it will probably not be included in the initial release.

So now we have several people. This is good; I'm glad everyone is getting together on this. I believe that Tattooiene will be the best choice for a home planet, if for no other reason because it is such a center of trade in the star wars galaxy. If we can get our place set up in the beginning, then once the game really picks up I am sure that we will make a lot of profit.

No one has said much about the servers, but hopefully if they are divided like that it will be like d 2 and you can choose to be on a different server even if you do not live on that server's area. If not, our underground could be screwed.......as for a name, I'm not sure yet. You all start coming up with ideas, best one we'll use. No rush though, it's still a ways off. Once the school year is over I'll be able to focus much more time and energy into this, and i'll really be able to draw up a full plan and everything.

Archived