Home

Here Ye Here Ye

Gaalgoth

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Gaalgoth

You know, if there's one thing I hate it's n00bs coming in and talking like they know what they're talking about. Sorry kids, you don't. No one is really in charge of the Associates, we're all in it together. I am the creator, so I guess to an extent I am the leader but that's more like a figurehead position. It's an alliance of the people who have been posting.....oh, but you guys wouldn't know that, would you, cause you haven't been posting.

I hope you arent referring to me as a N00b.....(hint: game is not released yet.)

I guess what Im asking is what would your self proclaimed leadership offer the forum community that is not allready taken care of by us that we do not have allready.

If I need to simplify :

Seems to me that the forum is allready a self sustained close knit community, regardless of any official membership into your group. It kind of sounds like you just want to be in charge of something that allready exhist.

Oh and in regards to low post count. Just because we dont post doesnt mean we cant read. And from all my reading in any game forum, there is always the one guy who thinks he's a master just cause he has an infinite amount of meaningless post.

If thats the kind of one sidedness and (the earlier post was meant for humor only) humorless retaliation you will exhibit from your "figurhead position" count me out.

Before Gaalgoth snaps once he sees your post, Koffin - which I predict he will :p lol j/k ;) - let me clearify the term n00b for ya.

N00b - Also known as newbie, meaning you are new to something - in this case these boards.

Now,

Seems to me that the forum is allready a self sustained close knit community, regardless of any official membership into your group. It kind of sounds like you just want to be in charge of something that allready exhist.

So, what if he does?

Almost all PA leaders have the desire to be in charge, otherwise they wouldn't be leaders. And it's not like we are complaining about it either. Hell, even Wraith is in. And he predates all of us on this forum.

Oh and in regards to low post count. Just because we dont post doesnt mean we cant read. And from all my reading in any game forum, there is always the one guy who thinks he's a master just cause he has an infinite amount of meaningless post.

True...

and...

true.

However, Gaalgoth does not think he is a Master (I have yet to see a post made by him that made me think he believes he is), nor is he one.

Besides, I'm the Master around here. :D

Ok, ok, so Wraith is. :p

If thats the kind of one sidedness and (the earlier post was meant for humor only) humorless retaliation you will exhibit from your "figurhead position" count me out.

See, this is exactly why smilies :) are sooo important to use. :p

Noone's a mindreader you know. ;)

Now, with that out of the way, Koffin got me thinking.

Even though this group was originally intended to be a get-together-once-in-awhile gang, it does start to sound like a fully working PA group.

Not that i mind, I'm still in. :p

Gaalgoth is the leader, well I don't mind, he's no dictator or something, we are all democrats here. Well atleast I am :)

And I love it that it's turning into a PA group, *cheers

And to Koffin; smiley's are the way to go! :):D And welcome to the boards, I hope you can make a contribution!

well like Jan said :D.. Gaalgoth isnt the leader of the boards :D.. at this time Juztyn and Mikec are the leaders here.. and some other guys on the lucas forums have powers to make them leaders..... MikeC has not got Mod powers... Juztyn has.... but he isnt around that much..:(

Mike.. you realy need to ask for some mod powers.. cause you do the news on the main page of the SWgalaxies site. :D

Just becasue mods dont hang out here YET.. doesnt mean we can flame and or spam this forums up to the limit.. has been done on other forums.. and it didnt leave much of a nice forum left...

so lets just all get along and have some fun.. :) we are all fans od Star Wars and Star Wars galaxies... so... time to act like them :D

Have fun ya'all.

-Wraith 8-

::hand clinches into fist::....ok....I'm not going to snap....I'm not going to snap...I'm not going to....Ok that's it. Gaarni has covered some of this already, so alot of what I was going to say I'm going to spare you from reading even though you claim to be able to read oh-so-well. But read this bub. We are a pretty close-knit group, but you need to have a system of order in something like this. As the leader of this PA, I'm not really ordering anyone around; I'm letting them choose their positions and I'm not reaping any extra benefits. They all have as much power as I do in The Associates. We are just a group of friends and I'm making it formal so there will be structure. And no mattter how much you have read, kid, you are still a n00b on these boards until you actually post and show some knowledge. No, post count isn't everything, but it does say something when you haven't even broken the double digits and you start bashing on an organization that everyone has joined on their own free will and are obviously glad to be a part of being that they have backed me up. I'm not ordering them around and I'm not compensating for something. I'm just a man with an idea and I don't like little punks talking about things that they don't know anything about. GAALGOTH SMASH!

[tv]

Welcome to the Metro Evening News. Our top story tonight, drivers on the freeway were shocked and horrified when a pantsless man was thrown from a speeding unmarked van.

[/tv]

Wraith 8 - I had moderator status before we got moved onto the LucasForums. I guess I ought to get around to it. Oh, and in light of what's happend I think I'll join you.

*runs screaming threw the thead*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

*runs out of the room*

Oh hell, the new rules mean I can't smash anymore....Guess there's nothing better to do. ::shrugs, then runs screaming through the thread::

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *thud*

::Runs into wall right next to door and falls, unconcious, on his back::

Well, I read this post from the first to last...and I must say this...as an Imperial Officer, I will now make you choose...Do you wish to join the Galatic Empire or be destroyed?

Just kidding...I'm a quiet, guy, actually, I'm a Items Vendor (inspired by Barons Hed RPG). I'll sell you everything except weapons.

I will help out but WON'T join with fear of getting caught by the Pimps, I mean the Imps.

*Also runs threw the thread just becuase everyone else it*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *thud*

Bumps into Gaalgoth.

Oh my I'm stuck...

Isnt it great how you can be 16 and be whatever you want on the internet. Including acting mature but turning out to look like an Idiot anyway.

Noob nothin. Everyone is a noob.

Ive been around these boards for a while. I changed my name to fit into the game and to create a role for myself in the game.

And I still think he is trying to controll somthing that already exists.

Yo Gaallgoth...enough with the tantrums

You get in a huff cause I make a comment about you taking over the galaxy, and you say I dont know what Im talking about. You want to smash me like the forum leader you are thats fine for me. I guess Im close to getting banned if I offer an opinion you dont agree with.

Kudos to the guys that came to your aid. See how they argued against me but did it intelligently? They even convinced me that your PA is not such a bad idea.

You on the other hand are still as juvenile as your first reply to my post. The guys in your PA seem decent enough but if I can get you so riled up with so few words your PA is more than likely going to fall hard the first time you get upset with your members.

Hey, at least I know Im a jerk, and given a good debate, Ill be the firt to admit Im wrong. But if you want to win an argument or debate with me, impress me with multiple syllables, not wrestling lingo in caps.

Oh yeah, and exactly how many post does it take to drop the title n00b?

...hush....

I know your all angry, but what's the point? Arguing over the internet? Come on!

My opinion on this matter:

To Koffin, You set off some chain reaction or something about something I don't mind: Gaalgoth's leadership. What's wrong with being a leader, if you do it right, and I think Gaalgoth is doing just that. He's more of a background leader, I like that.

To Gaalgoth, I was suprised by the way you jumped at this guy, this kind of conflict is best solved when you Ignore the one that you have a problem with.

Please don't turn this forum into the starcraft-forum...please don't!

Oh, and this post was written with a :)

before we all get banned and we all dislike eachother. lets compare some things.

n00b, newbe: a guy or girl that is new to a certain thing. in our case it is the forum. we are all newbe's to the game. we cant say that we master the game yet, cause no one has played it yet.

So guys or girls who say they will rule the galaxy.... just laugh at them and call them newbe's :D.. casue believe you me. they are. :D

now the people who come here for the first time are also newbe's. cause they are new to the forums.

Some time back in September i joined the Rogue squadron.net forums. i got welcomed very nicely. i posted NO threads in the beginning. just replied to a lot of them with sencefull posts. so no nonsence. then when a lot of folks respected me a lot, i started to make jokes and post threads with meaning and eventualy bacame one of the Rogues. they respect me thre now and i respect them. we have become a group of friends.. and have fun all the time. we greet new members in a good way and we never have fights... well almost never.

now at the end of September, i joined up on the X-wing alliance forums. i got yelled at for being a newbe and that i should get the hell out of there. i never returned before merge. i hated that place. and they still treat newbe's like they are gonna kill them. its a tradition there. i do go there now.. but since in got a lot posts.. i get respected there.

now on my registration date is 18 October 2001. that is my birthday :D. i joined up at Galactic battlegrounds.com. i got welcomed like i was the king. they were very nice to me and all. and i try to go there every day.

Now when the forums merged in the LUCAS FORUMS as we all know today. all my posts on these three boards were merged into one and all my names disapeared.. and i kept this one.

What im trying to say with this... is.... that im hoping we will be just like the Rogue Squadron forums and the galactioc battlegrounds forums. to welcome new comers to THIS forum with open arms. but with that i do hope that the new guys or girls will respect these forums and not say they are the king.. casue then.. people will yell at that guy or girl.

Gaalgoth is NOT i repeat, NOT the forum leader. he just is the leader of the PA we all set up. he started it. BUT this PA was set up to let all forum guys and girls know that there are friends in the SWgalaxies. this does not mean that we have to stick together all the time in game. we can all go our seperate way if we want.. just when you need help or have some things to offer.. you can cgo to your forum friends. :)

The forum mod and Admin is:

JUZTYN

He along with MikeC are the SWGalaxies.net updaters.

Gaalgoth just memorizes the entire FAQ :).. so he knows a lot of things about the game already. but he is not the mod here.

and i do hope he knows that :D

hope this again settled some questions.

-wraith 8-

all so true..

Oh, Wraith, do you remember me from the SWGB forum? I used to post there while I was on (stage, don't know the english word).

I hope the flaming-matter will be over soon, post some intelligent posts and you'll be respected.

Peace

Originally posted by Zendjir

all so true..

Oh, Wraith, do you remember me from the SWGB forum? I used to post there while I was on (stage, don't know the english word).

I hope the flaming-matter will be over soon, post some intelligent posts and you'll be respected.

Peace

yah i do remember your name there.. there wass this thread for Dutch people there,,, i posted in it too... only my name on the forum there is: Darkforse. i registered there a long time before i registered here :D

::sigh:: koffin, look. If I had really snapped, I wouldn't have taken the time to right all that about "I'm not going to snap...." etc. It just really does annoy me when people make comments like that. Honestly, I really don't care if you don't like the idea or didn't. It's when you started saying that I was a control freak who was trying to take over something that was already in existence that pissed me off. And you may not be a newbie to SWG, but you are still to this board and until you show some intelligence on the topic then there's really no proof that you aren't a newbie. And it's not even a bad thing to be a newbie...everyone is at some point in time. It's just bad when you are a newbie and you start talking smack about stuff. I'm sorry if I came off as immature, but that's just one of my pet peeves. Honestly though, If I was really all that immature then these people probably would not want to be in a group that I organized. I do admit that I could have handled myself better, but like I said new people lacking respect is something I've seen in many boards I've been a part of and I don't want that to happen here. I'm not going to be a dick and say that you can't join our group or anything like that....If people have convinced you it's a good idea then great, come on and join, but understand that if you don't participate you will be asked to leave. That's not singling you out though, that's the same for everyone. Just please, for my sake and the sake of everyone else, don't be a dick on the boards. I'm going to try and not let my testosterone get the better of me as well.

that was pretty brutal. Koffin shouldnt have attacked gaal like that, after all, he didnt really pick to be the leader, he was just willing to organize everything for us. he took on extra work and is at least entitled to the title of leader.

as for you, Koffin, hope theres no hard feelings. this is all just good fun, and the nOOb title (which i probably still have as well) is just a little hazing for everyone under double digits. i wont bother to repeat what these other guys have said, but i hope this little incident hasnt scared you away from the forums or from this PA for that matter. i hope theres a lesson to be learned from all this; that this PA is gonna be quick to back up its members.

btw, Koffin, Darth Maul rules.

Archived