Home

Your "dream" Star wars game....

Guest Kuma

We are all excited about the battlegrounds game but...If you had the "power" what would be your ultimate Star Wars game?

Mine would look like this:

Title : Rebellion 2

Brief description: Basically it's the rebellion against the Empire. The empire wishes to crush the Rebellion and conquer the galaxy. The Rebellion search for new allies and want to liberate the galaxie.

I would use the same background/ideas/Story line than the original game, but change the way the game was executed. The game is woul be divided in two parts.

Strategy: A bit like a board game where we can see the map of the galaxie and issue orders, move troops etc...a lot like the first Rebellion but TURN BASED giving us the time to think about the strategy.

Like Rebellion recrute and use the different characters and specific units for recrutment, research (keep the tec three simple), diplomacy(other races and better use of the smuggler's and criminal elements), kidnappings, murders, sabotage, spying, counter spying etc....The main difference would be the use off cut scenes instead of the stale picture messages (We all know how Lucas Arts are able the dish out extra-cool cut scenes).

Build and mine ressources also that part was OK, but i would keep the ressource gathering simple.

Tactical: the second part of the game would be real time space battles and planet invasions ground batlles with up to date graphics using the characters, the same type of units and spacecraft than in the original game whenever the 2 forces met.

DREAM ON:trooper:

Guest Tie Guy

BioWare and Squaresoft make two tottally different types of RPG's. I'm talking about a Final Fantasy type of RPG, not a Baulder's Gate type.

Guest Tie Guy

Yeah, i think that this is what alot of people have been waiting for. As for me, it's definately up there, but i really don't dream about video games that often :D

Guest Sherack Nhar

My dream game would be Star Wars: Galaxies executed to the perfection, without any flaws, and true to the original idea. But that won't happen. :(

Guest Darth Vader

I would like a Star Wars RPG made with the Quake III engine with costomisable EVERYTHING and you could choose if you were a Jedi or Bounty Hunter or an Assassin or Sith etc. and it would run over a very fast server that would never turn off or go down. And there would be all of the planets from Star Wars and you could make your own starship to travel in and you could get a job and earn credits from it or if you were an assassin or bounty hunter you would earn credits from assassinations and bountys. Then you could use the credits to buy parts for your ship, weapons, food, use the credits for a bounty reward, pay assassins, give it to groups, ect. And you could also join the Rebels or the Empire or any other groups. It would be EXACTLY like the Star Wars movies. That would be my perfect Star Wars game.

Guest Sherack Nhar

I second that, Clefo.

LARRY HOLLAND, I BEG OF YOU! COME BACK!!

DROP THIS STUPID STAR TREK BRIDGE COMMANDER!

Guest Tie Guy

Yeah, that would be fun. How about "X-Wing: Republic" It could be from the time the Republic was founded to the time of the Vong.

Guest Tie Guy

Well, that's where the game has to end, becasue there is nothing beyond that. That's why i said it. Still, don't you think it would be cool to fight coralskippers?

My dream SW Game ...

Well ... a SW game on my favorite engine (AoK) was my favorite dream game ...

So a SW game on my next favorite engine (wich is still in development) would be Battlegrounds on the Age of Mythologie engine.

(I'll have to confess ... When GB comes out, I'll probably drop AoK ... when AoM comes out, I'll probably drop GB)

Guest Tie Guy

That basically what they are doing with Jedi Outcast. They say there are going to be AI controlled allies, not unlike Half-Life. The only difference is the engine.

Guest Starnick10287

My Star Wars Dream Game would be Star Wars: Starships. Unlike other designing games you won't get premade parts, you can actually draw up a blue-print and then the program will build it, then you can build up fleets of them and battle the empire or the rebels. And you have to have money to build them. This game won't be under Lucas Learning, too. This type of game would be my dream game, since i love to design starships. The game would be 3d too.

Guest Tie Guy

That would be incredibly complicated to do. It would be nearly impossible to design a Starship that has every thing it needs to fly and fight, and even have lights. You'd need a mountain of wires, rooms, lights, engines, wall, elevators, etc. Very hard.

Guest Starnick10287

Ok then you just design the basic shape and weapons on it, then you pick premade parts for everything else.

Archived