Home

Simple; Is the new version playable or not?

BlackDove

Can you hack it or not?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Can you hack it or not?

• YES!
    • NO!
    • NO, and I think you should be stabbed with a dull knife over and over!

has anybody worth their salt posted on this thread? hardley.

this game is playable for un-competitive people.

if you hated guns and liked dueling, and yet couldnt handle dealing with your opponents force powers, then you like this patch.

in a competitive atmosphere, the patch is un playable.

uber ninja lighites are the only thing to come out of this patch at tourney level play.

i mean, i swear, i could beat gunners consistantly with a saber, and i know many other saberists, who were worth their salt, that could do this as well.

the game needed tweaking for balance.

to polarize and alienate half the community was a mistake.

playable yes

competitively playable, no

1.) If you want good competition, play a real sport.

2.) Being competitive doesn't make you cool.

3.) I don't remember you being voted to speak for the entire competitive community.

4.) I want my damn ice cream now.

Well, I guess it's playable...

Not for saberists tho... (I'm not talking about DFA spammers, they should die)

Duels are now really long and not due to player skill, due to the fact medium, which was MY main stance, now does 30 damage when it actually hits.

All this, while the backslashes do over 100 damage @%@#%^#%^

Yes, I agree (after seeing the movies again lately) that blocking is fine. BUT, the damage should be much higher. In the movies they hardly hit eachother, just blocked, but when one actually hit the other, he'd usually win. And when the attack those without sabers, they'd die in a single quick slash.

Blocking should be a bit different. When someone actually blocks (by himself), the enemy should be a bit thrown off... also, when someone tries to block a good combo (different directions/ non-obvious moves), he should be thrown off (the blocker), since he couldn't block such a combo...

What I loved about this game before 1.03 was that it required finesse, strategy, and skill.

I personally don't consider it playable now.

Before 1.02 I won around 90% of the duels I played. I'm a very competitive player, and it really gave me a thrill to have to think about what the other player might do. I never used DFA, but I loved it when people tried it on me, I would jump over it and smack them in the head with a yellow swing.

After 1.03 I've dueled 30 matches and lost 4. But it gives me no pleasure, there is no finesse, no strategy. I put it on blue, string a few well placed blows together and thats that. It seems to be more of a twitch based game now.

Whereas before I would be hunched over watching the screen, focusing intensely on my enemies every footstep pre 1.03, now I just lean back and let my quake instincts guide my saber into my opponent repeatedly, and raise a surprised eyebrow when I actually get killed. Its just boring.

As for the force powers, I used to like playing with both the light and dark side, it really added an interesting twist to the game. I never understood what people meant by "drain whore." You have force powers, use them for Christ's sake, don't stand there like a nubi and get slaughtered then complain about it. Now force powers are a simple two step logical process. Light side use absorb against darkies, protect against lighties. Dark side just use saber when absorb is on, drain when you see protect. Or just put on absorb and force pull/push whenever someone tries to swing at you. Sigh.

Whoever posted this said something about saber hits being more likely to hit, well apparently they never tested it when there was the slightest lag (I'm talking ~100 ping.) There are way more senseless misses now than there were before.

I miss the old days when JK ii was more than just another twitch game. I've had my fill of those, and at least in those other twitch games it doesn't take FOREVER to kill your opponents. I was in a free for all match for 20 minutes yesterday and there were only 6 kills.

I guess this patch is good for those nubis out there who like to hold the attack button down, press random directions, and think "oooh, perty animations ta huh," becuase it gives them more time to admire the graphics before I kill them. But as for me I'm sick of seeing games cater to the minorities who whine the loudest.

Thats my two cents anyway. And my vote was that this patch should be stabbed repeatedly with a dull knife.

Archived