Home

What the plot of Grim Fandengo 2 should be about

guybrush guy

There shouldn't be a sequel. But if there was.....

Set in the living world in South America and it should feature the exploits of Domino and his sordid life, you being Domino. Manny's doom to DOD should be explained (like he is a trash man and unknowingly kills some guys Domino tied up and threw in the trash in a giant compactor). The plot should be totally unrelated, just to keep the first game as its own story.

It might also make sense to have it like Final Fantasy, where each new one is completely different from the last.

We've all agreed that a traditional sequel would spoil the ending to the original game. We don't need to know what happens to him.

I do, however, think that there should be another game taking place in the Land of the Dead. Not Manny, but some other soul's journey. There could be some returning characters, but a completely different plotline.

I'll go postal on LEC's ass if they make another Grim game with Manny even in it. Ok, I won't, but it would suck. They should just leave the whole thing alone, and make some original adventures in stead.

Originally posted by remio

I'll go postal on LEC's ass if they make another Grim game with Manny even in it. Ok, I won't, but it would suck.

How about if LEC outsourced a Grim project like this to Tim and the folks at Double Fine? Would it suck to a lesser degree?

Originally posted by Metallus

How about if LEC outsourced a Grim project like this to Tim and the folks at Double Fine? Would it suck to a lesser degree?

I seriously don't see them wanting to do it. Grim was a done deal, which should be left alone.

All in all, I don't think there should be a sequel. It would be like making Casablanca 2. But if there were, it should follow the structure of the original game - a 4 act game based ond the 4 year journey of the soul - a different soul.

Manny, Meche, and most of the rest of the cast are in the 9th underworld - the land of eternal rest. All the bad guys are presumably in whatever the equivalent of hell is.

The only guy still in the 8th underworld is Glottis. So he's the main candidate for a reappearance. Probably not as a main character, because he can't go to the 9th underworld.

If there is a sequel, it should go back to mexican folklore and find out if there's anything in there that they could use. What are the first seven underworlds, for example? It should also go back to the whole film noir genre.

i think we're all decided on a sequal that dosnt involve manny and i think i agree, sure it took me a long time to see it but i agree ;)

I still think that the land of the dead should be reused and have some of the original charcters but nothin too major. i think if there was a sequal it would work better if it was not related to GF but was a different story. (seeing some of the older characters would be cool tho!)

The idea of a prequel still appeals but im not sure what story line is would use. perhaps answering some of the questions left open in the first game about the charcters past's in the land of the living.

Originally posted by Jake

I wouldn't mind hearing about someone who was a client of Manny's though. Apparently he'd been working the reaper job for a while. Would serve as a good opening, or near-opening.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If we had a sequel, It'd be fun to show a low-down-miserably-sadistic client how to get to the 9th Underworld travelling with just his walking stick.

Guest King Andrei
Originally posted by guybrush guy

How can you say that

Grim Fandengo is the best game ever it has to have a sequel

you have to play as Manny and it should not be like final fantasy that would be retarted

Yes, I agree, there must be sequel and there must be Manny Calavera, the same one!!!!

Grim Fandango is the second best, coolest adventure game I have ever played.

Why do I say second best? Because it really pisses me off the fact that LucasArts never made a sequel!:mad: If it had sequels like Monkey Island, I would actually consider it the best!

A sequel to Grim Fandango, should one be made, must feature a completely new cast of characters. Like everyone else has said, Manny and Meche's story is over. The villains are all dead. Glottis is still around, but he's probably not complex enough a character to base a game on. Salvador's dead, and with Hector dead there's no longer any reason for the LSA to exist. So it's not like you can just pick up the story. There's nothing left to pick up.

I think the Eighth Underworld makes a great setting for future stories, though.

Originally posted by MeddlingMonk

Never trust anyone under three digits.

Hey!

Archived