Home

Wow... AotC sucked

Fnord

Originally posted by 00M-187

You have no imagination and or appreciation of what AOTC is, its a marvel of cinematics\action\drama\romance all in one, AOTC is by far the greatest movie I have ever seen. If you cant appreciate this movie you've got some serios problems,

GET HELP!!!

No offense if u think this is a marvel of cinematics\action\drama\romance then u need to go out and find some movies

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No offense if u think this is a marvel of cinematics\action\drama\romance then u need to go out and find some movies

I find this funny, since I bet not a one of us on these boards has watched any less than a couple hundred different movies in his or her lifetime.

Originally posted by Monkeh

i prolly seen about 250 odd movies ranging from oldies to new ones like AOTC.

I couldn't even count...I spent so many afternoons marathoning TV movies, and old movies, and going to theaters, and renting...I've seen many.

Holy crap, I can't believe people say that AOTC was bad! For a Star Wars movie, it was superb, IMO. I think the people that don't like it are just prejudiced against anything that might rival their precious OT. If it was 20 years ago, we could be saying the same thing about the OT--that is, that it's all based on special effects, and there's no real substance, blah, blah, blah.

It is a Star Wars movie, there's never going to be any moments of perfect drama, as some people seem to crave. All the movies are centered around action, not drama. That seems to be Lucas' style. If you don't like this, don't watch Star Wars.

I used to have around 30 favorite movies, because I couldn't decide which one I liked better, but, now, AOTC has blown them all away. I'm gonna see that movie as many times as I can pay for until it goes out of theaters. Then, I'm gonna go buy the DVD. :D

Let me make this crystal clear before i lead on. I have been a die hard fan since i was in 3rd grade. Ive read 45 of the books, new and old. I have 36 inch life size yoda with a green lightsaber. I have 50 of the Phantom Menace toys. With that said let me continue. The original trilogy wasnt great cause of the dialogue, or the great special effects(for that time) It was great because it open up the imagination that something is out there. Instead of being A long time in the distant future in a galaxy far far away, it was breakin up the stereotype that technology is the future. I would have to say that Hayden christensen is more dead as an actor than a stone. Episode 1 was redeemed only in one little 15 minute session called the Duel of Fates. I only enjoyed other parts because it told me more about what is going to happen. I would have to say that in the Original's the cast had more chemistry definetely. Jackson, and McGregor did great same with Christopher lee, I think that Hayden Christensen, and some of Portmans stuff was really cheesy.. and badly acted. Anakin(Christensen) acts like a little kid, and he crys like one to lol. I think that if you want to like it you can, and if you dont thats fine, The series will look alot better when its complete. I cant wait for the moment when Obi-Wan and Anakin fight, and then Anakin falls into the molten pit =). One more thing before I make all of you fall asleep with my sleepy words, There have been so many times that they could of have prevented the tragedy of the Empires tyranny lol. Let me go down the line...

1. Amidala votes no confidence in valorum

2. Sidious gets away(palpatine)

3. jar jar calls emergency vote for army.

4. Yoda knows, but he knows that balance must be brought to the force, by this he means him and obi wan are the only jedi left, 2 Jedi =Obi and Yoda and 2 Sith= Palpatine and Vader.

5. Not heeding Dooku's warning about a sith in the senate.

Well thats all people im sorry this was so long, =( but thanks if you listened. I enjoyed you guys thoughts on the matter :D.

Originally posted by Vestril

Ah, ok--no I didn't want their names, it's just that when you say 'we would disagree with a lot of you guys' you could be talking about either side of the argument. We're not mindreaders here...:p

sorry about that :p

About whole movie quotes thing being bad is wrong, I can name some of the best lines in the movie and the whole Star Wars Saga

"Blast, this is why I hate flying!" -Just guess who say that.

"They'll do there job well" -Jango

"Always a pleasure meeting a Jedi" -another Jango

"You call this a diplomatic solution?"

"I call this aggressive negations" -Padme & Anakin

I can think of several more that were great but time is short.

Just a number of points that spring to my mind when comparing episodes 1 and 2 to the good ole 4,5 and 6.

I agree the new films lack quoteworthy lines, which to me is a great part of the wonder of the old movies. 'Why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me?' (probably misquoted) is perhaps a bit of fun, but too easily bought in my oppinion. More important about quotes is not so much as what is being said, but how and with what voice. James Earl Jones as the voice of Vader was marvellous and took his lines to greater heights. The emperor was awesome too....mean ole basterd :p

The Phantom Menace was very much directed at the younger audience and I was somewhat dissapointed about it initially. But then I got to contemplating; surely the time before the rule of the emperor and the rise of darker times had to be brighter and have less bloodshed. The Trade Federation uses battledroids instead of real people and despite many's complaint that this was too kiddyfriendly, I believe this was a conscious choice by Lucas to reflect more a peaceful time. Think of it; if the galaxy was equally cruel to the later dark rule of the emperor, that very dark time wouldn't stand so dark in comparison to the time before.

Jar Jar Binks...Yes, he is very much for the kids, but what do you think R2D2 and C3PO were in 4,5 and 6?

Lucas himself has said that the movie technology of today allows him to create and present his Star Wars world much more to the way he envisioned it. The old movies has their special charm, and no doubt they'll stand out the grandest, especially to the 'older' fans.

I think what we're experiencing is a phase of initial dissapointment mostly to the expectations of the old fans. Given time the new movies will be allowed to sink in and settle in our minds as a true part of the whole Star Wars experience. At least, this is my oppinion and I hope it proves right.

Allow yourself to your first impressions and then allow yourself to contemplate further.

Jubatus

Okay, this isnt goin out to all the people that say they dont like AOTC. Thats their opinion, and they're entitled to it. This is for the people that say it sux absolutely and positively in comparison to the original trilogy.

Have you SEEN the original trilogy lately? I mean really, objectively looked at it? I hate to break this to you guys, but the acting in the original tril wasnt the greatest. It, also, had huge amounts of eye candy.

The point is, all of the movies are SPACE OPERA. This means they're sorta hokey and cheesey, but that's OK. It also means they are for fun. They are just plain, unadulterated fun.

And teh guys wishing JarJar wasnt in Ep2: Come on! Not only was the time he was in it really short, but think of what Lucas did with him! He made him a person that will be reviled throughout the rest of the history of the Star Wars Universe! Think about it: JJ was the person that gave a speech that got Palpatine complete emergency power! JJ made the Emperor the Emperor! Little puppies will pee on his grave!

Err... okayyy... thats enough cafiene for me right now. But im stickin to all I said.

Archived