Home

How much does a reputation cost?

NewBJedi

If there is not another JK2 patch will it hurt the reputation of LucusArts and Raven?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. If there is not another JK2 patch will it hurt the reputation of LucusArts and Raven?

• Yes, I would probably reconsider purchasing another product from either of them.
    • No, I will buy other games from one or the other again.

Figure I'll make my own post on this one.

I have $50 + saying JK2 better be patched.

I have another $50 + that can either go toward SOF 2 or another non-Raven or non-LucasArts game.

Raven/LucasArts will make my decision for me - patch the game or I buy games from other dev teams and publishers.

I don't care how much money it takes ..

How much does a reputation cost?

Is it up to Raven or LucasArts?

I don't care who is responsible at this point.

Raven is developing the game and LucasArts is publishing it - whether they pay or beg LucasArts to accept another patch is their problem, not mine.

I'm tired of who is to blame or what. Whether it be LucasArts or Raven.

If I don't see another JK2 patch that fixes the problems, I will not purchase another game from either of them again - it's that simple.

How do you feel?

It seems to me that you're a bit in denial that LucasArts fully controls wether or not the game gets patched. Raven is an independant developer and can't afford to patch games while not getting paid.

Your $50 does not cover their lost wages, sorry.

I feel your pain NewBJedi. If Lucas decides against patching this one then what stops them from not patching all of their games. If they decide "well we made our money on that one, we don't have to support it anymore" then I don't think I would support them anymore. Raven I would buy from because they did an awesome job on it. But it's Lucas' call whether to patch it or not. If they give up on this one I'll more than likely give up on them.

*shrug* I like the 1.03 patch. In my eyes, they improved the gameplay, as it suits me better to look fo ran opening when fighting opponents. I have received good support from Raven in general, and my general view of raven has improved if anything.

Wether or not I'll buy another Raven/LucasArts game depends on wether it's a good game, of course, but both companies seem to be able to pull good games out of their ass at will if they wanted to, so I'm sure they'll see plenty more of my money coming their way in the future.

Christ some people do cry like babies when a game is changed a little.

Nothing wrong with the current patch in my eyes, but thats besides the point, (there will be another one sooner or later) the game is brilliant and I love it to bits, I have no problems with either Raven or LucasArts.

Yes I would buy another game from them, if JK2 is anything to go by if they make another Jedi Knight game I'll be parting with my cash rather quickly.

In the end though it depends on weather or not I like the genre of game, if it's crap don't buy it if it's cool as an eskimo's ass then give it a look.

Originally posted by Kyth'emos

well since I have not played any multi player non-starwars game in over a year I would definetly buy the next starwars game, and raven is making EF2 wich I will definetly be picking up.

Actually, Raven isn't making EF 2. Check Gamespot.

Originally posted by Thrawn89

Christ some people do cry like babies when a game is changed a little.

Nothing wrong with the current patch in my eyes, but thats besides the point, (there will be another one sooner or later) the game is brilliant and I love it to bits, I have no problems with either Raven or LucasArts.

Yes I would buy another game from them, if JK2 is anything to go by if they make another Jedi Knight game I'll be parting with my cash rather quickly.

In the end though it depends on weather or not I like the genre of game, if it's crap don't buy it if it's cool as an eskimo's ass then give it a look.

Changed a LITTLE?

They nerfed all the decent dark forces and kick is totally screwed up ...

You must love the backstab, eh?

Originally posted by NewBJedi

Changed a LITTLE?

Now now, NewB... Don't start any accusations when you don't know if they are true or not.

The changes are not so much the problem, but it feels like a lot of the things they implemented in this patch were also rushed and thus they are bugged now. There was a demo avaliable displaying someone chopping through his opponent over and over again without doing more than the poking damage.

People wanted SP saber combat in MP, it doesn't work like that. The player has loads of health in comparison too the NPC's as far as I know. Usually one well placed hit takes down Reborn. Hell, I even killed Tavion with one hit once. It still took me a long time to land that hit, but when I did it had been worth it. Just like I said in a different thread (in respect to balancing) why did they increase the blocking AND reduce the damage. Just one of those would have been fine.

Yes, i'll probably be buying games from Raven and Lucasarts.. I don't mind the patch, personally - I prefer it more than 1.02.

Soldier of Fortune 2 looks set to be brilliant, and as different members of Raven have been working on it, it shouldn't have similarities to JK2 (Level design etc.)

This poll is so stupid. Let's face it. We will be the first ones to get the game if Raven makes an addon to Jedi Outcast.

So all these people that voted that they won't buy any more games are just lying to themselves.

They liked Jedi Outcast enough that they would go to forums and post about it. They are Star Wars fans. Period. Any Star Wars game Raven makes in the future is going to sell well with us.

gsc_check2.gif I don't like JKII.

gsc_check2.gif I like Resident Evil.

gsc_check2.gif They cost $50.

gsc_check2.gif Resident Evil is better.

gsc_check2.gif I have $50.

gsc_check2.gif Resident Evil and Star Wars are going to have sequels.

gsc_check2.gif No way in hell I am going to get a poorly designed "clone wars" game instead of Resident Evil 0, 1, 2, 3, or 4.

gsc_check2.gif I like "gsc_check2.gif"s, lol!

Damn NewB..haven't you gotten over this yet?. Have you even played the new patch for more than a few hours since its been out?.

In my opinion they didn't ruin anything, sure they changed the game so much that I had to learn new strategies, but I like the new patch.

I find that I can actually *think* about what I want to do and execute it. Before i could just mash my buttons and produce a wonderful array of moves...now I need to time my keystrokes and look for openings on my opponent.

Oh..and kick is not nerfed now...I use it occasionally with no problem (even with a 200+ avg ping) and have still been the victim of kick-whores in 1.03.

If anything, I find that there are MORE lame moves just begging to be spammed in 1.03 vs. 1.02. Apparently some folks have worked out a trick to execute DFA while pretty much remaining in place (without having that long run from a mile away)...

In short after playing the new patch for a while people have adjusted and the game isn't that much different than 1.02...fights just last a little longer now.

Originally posted by NewBJedi

Changed a LITTLE?

The dark forces needed toning down, and I've not seen any major changes in them anyway, and it's not as if doing the kick is difficult or anything.

It's a fair move if it's pulled off, just like any of the others, what were you trying to say there?

Archived