Hi, Crater!

Guest wizzywig

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Ikhnaton

every so often.

but i'm afraid the sad reality is that what we once had in the racer forum is long gone. Trin and I are broken up, and she won't be coming back. No real reason for her to anymore. Haven't seen TAF in ages. I don't admin here anymore and Trin was a huge reason for me posting here and that's gone. even lightbulba is MIA.

Life goes on and it sucks.

Sorry to hear that Ike, hey.. I've been there man. It hurts, but it'll pass.

Better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all, right?

Could be worse, hang in there. If you want to talk sometime, I'm on ICQ.

Kurgan

Guest theahnfahn

This is the first time I've checked this forum in 6 months I think. I don't think I've used ICQ in that long either. I'm still alive and well, and talk to 'Darth Crater' nearly every day. Sometimes I even talk to roguetwo and wizzywig. I'm into my third year of college heading into a degree in computer science. Still grieving over Sept. 11.

Guest theahnfahn

Hmmm, just looking at a few of the profiles of members I remember. Psyduck, you have posted 911 messages and you mention Afghanistan. Fairly interesting coincidence considering current events. Or perhaps I'm just stressing the terrorist attack too much.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ikhnaton

TAF, i noticed that too about psyduck, but that was there long before the attacks.

Kurgan et al, thanks for the concern and whatnot. I'm doing fine. It actually happened months ago, so it's no big deal.

Gawd, I can't believe some of the old names are still somewhat alive! (Especially TheAhnFahn [[yo, Wayne!]], still using that Hoary old signature line.)

Annoyed that the new PodRacer game is only going to be on Playstation2. Anyone heard if they'll ever port it over to the PC? It would be great to have a true multiplayer podracing game, especially now that I have a DSL connection and a GeForce3. I'd really rip out a new one for TheAhnFahn! (Yeah, right... Dream on, Swede...) Hope everyone continues well. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest theahnfahn

Pretty amazing to see you here Swede. I have to admit I would have never given your person a second thought had it not been for your unexpected visit. It sure has been a looooong time. I can't say that I remember your name, but then again you didn't quite remember mine! It is Wade, not Wayne, but you are one of the hundreds to have made that mistake :) If my memory serves me correctly you have blonde hair and are a surfer. Am I right? Anyway, I don't play racer anymore. Haven't heard a thing about the new racer game either. I don't play online much, but when I do about all I play is Quake 3. I'm about as good at Q3 as I was at racer... I still lose some at Q3, though, because the competition is tough.

Anyone else from the good old days of the jk forum want to come out and talk about the times we had? :)

Guest psyduck78

I'm just gonna peak in for the heck of it. Hey everyone what's up?

ShiFts been happening around here and it's driving me crazy. My families bouncing all over the place with these terrorist threats and stuff. Being the paranoid asian family that we are, it's lovely.

Anyhow, Cathy and I moved into our apartment. It's great. Fast internet, and we got to bring my dog too. We've been living in it for something like 3-4 weeks now, we moved in the morning of the attacks I think. =/ Wasn't a great start to it, but life is good right now. Or so it is locally. Globally I'm not so sure.

It's wierd living away from home. I mean, even though we live about 15 minutes away from both of our homes, it's just wierd not waking up to the feeling of my little sister Julie jumping on my bed telling me to get up so we can go shopping. Or my brother asking me to play Counter-Strike with him. I mean, it's just general nostalgia, kinda like these boards.

Like the good times I enjoyed on the boards with all you guys, was when I was living at home. And now it's all just kinda wierd. Like writing from my apartment. Well anyway, I have classes tomorrow morning. So I better finish my reading and crash. Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say 'Hi' y'all.

Guest Ikhnaton

best of luck to you both.

co-habitation always seems like a good idea, but then it usually turns out badly. I hope you two have better success.

Guest psyduck78

Naw, I'm still lurking around I guess. Cathy got pulled for the late shift tonight, so right now it's me and the dog. We're sitting here together waiting for her to come home. Wahhhh.

Maybe, my whole life is a dream. I feel too lucky.

Guest Darth Crater

Hi! Hi! Hi!

Why in the world did I choose the name Crater? I'm still trying to figure this one out.

I enjoy college. A lot. I'll be sad to leave. I've actually learned some incredible lessons already in college.

1. I actually don't know that much.

2. Don't swallow every word from your professor's mouth without actually thinking about it.

3. Roommates are awesome, and worth spending lots of time with.

4. Mature guys actually do exist.

5. At one in the morning coffee starts to taste good.

6. We take cafeteria food for granted.

7. Intellectual snobbery can be pretty dangerous.

8. Deliberate ignorance is equally dangerous.

9. Solitude is not necessarily a bad thing.

10. God's even more powerful than I've ever contemplated. That's a very good thing.

*sigh* Must read Plato now :(

I'd have to agree with #3 Bethany ;) Sounds like you've got a pretty long list there gurl. It's late at night, and I'm really pooped from all this reading. Tim's asleep in bed and the dog's sitting right next to me. We only have one computer, so I decided to hop on for a little bit and chat with some of my friends. Tim promised to get me a laptop...but he hasn't yet...he promised we'd go look for one tomorrow though. My classes are really long, but I only have to go to classes 3 days a week, but its for almost 6 hours! It's crazy. Lots and lots of reading too. Oh well, it's getting late, just thought I'd pop in and say 'hi' :D

-much luv

Kat

• 6 years later...

Almost 8 years later, I've decided to see if I could sniff out the podracer threads I used to post on. Lo and behold, they're still here, though tucked away. If anyone is reading, sorry to bring back an ancient thread. But I had to say...

Hi Crater.

Archived