Home

Clone Troopers question *possible spoilers*

Breakin2'

I'm having an on-going argument with a friend of mine that I hope you guys can settle. Are storm troopers clones? My friend seems to think that they're just a natural continuation of the clone troopers from Episode II. The impression I always got from the movies is that they're normal people. There was never any mention of them being clones in Episodes 4-6. Anyone know? Thanks.

But then why don't they sound like Kiwi's in the Original Trilogy??? *angry stare* :p

Also, why didn't they make Jango Fett sound like Boba Fett when he had his mask on (like using a voice scrambler--it would kind of make sense...), now it makes you wonder why Boba sounds so different....

Heres what I think, Clonetroopers were used in the Clone Wars to fight for the Republic, when Palpatine declaired himself emperor, he used the clonetroopers to take over planets and used them as his onfoot soldiers. Later on, when most of the Jedi got killed, he started the Imperial academy, because the clones would think the same things and that would be bad if they got in a real bad jam. So the academy trained stormies and they got some new armour and the clones were starting to die out. Or the clones died out, Jango was dead and they needed some sort of armed forces.

Originally posted by Jedi_Monk

Personally, I think they're still clones in the OT, except maybe for the officerse... and Han Solo was an ex-officer in the Imperial Navy, not the army, which is where the Clonetroopers would be.

Not clones in OT, they are from the Imperial Acedemy, where some independant thought is allowed..

As for the Imperial Navy/Army, I believe it all to be the Imperial Navy, called the Navy due to the use of space SHIPS, ie Star Destroyers, and the Storm Troopers are part of this..

As for the Imperial Navy/Army, I believe it all to be the Imperial Navy, called the Navy due to the use of space SHIPS, ie Star Destroyers, and the Storm Troopers are part of this..

How exactly do army men get to exotic locals like Afghanistan? They go by sea, via Navy ships, or by air via the Airforce. Just because stormtroopers are farried by Star Destroyers doesn't mean they're part of the Navy.

Originally posted by Xenix

You remember whe Leia comments that luke is a bit short to be a stormtrooper? could it be that allthe stormtroopers are the same hight cause they are all clones? maybe

doubt it, probably a height requirement to weed out the bad ones

suppose they are clones, clones dont have individual thinkings, meaning they take orders, if you cant think for yourself how do you make battleplans, discuss strategy?

In AotC , the jedis are the "officers" i.e. the generals. Fast Forward about 20 yrs. jedi are extinct, clones dont think, you need new soldiers and an officers corp.

boot camp is about 6 months vs 5 yrs for a clonetrooper.

draft the nearest 18 year old and have a stormtrooper

Yeah the comment that leia makes might sound like the stormies are clones except maybe they just have a height requirement to enlist so ya fit the armor :)

Also in the books they have stopped using clones and are now working with pure stormies and recruits. In the books they find some old labs where cloning took place but I think it was Master C'boath (I think thats his name havent read the books in 1 year) that used it to clone himself.

whoa whoa whoa, since when can clones not have independant thought??? They're just like identical twins, doesn't mean they aren't individuals. Besides, the reason the caminos said they were better than droids was because they CAN have creative thoughts...geez...

suppose they are clones, clones dont have individual thinkings, meaning they take orders, if you cant think for yourself how do you make battleplans, discuss strategy?

In AotC , the jedis are the "officers" i.e. the generals. Fast Forward about 20 yrs. jedi are extinct, clones dont think, you need new soldiers and an officers corp.

boot camp is about 6 months vs 5 yrs for a clonetrooper.

draft the nearest 18 year old and have a stormtrooper

1. Uh... who do you think those guys in the olive-drab, kahki and black uniforms are? They're the officer corps and command the stormtroopers in the same way Yoda commanded the clonetroopers in AotC.

2. Disregard the books. Lucas doesn't read them, they impact none of the movies.

3. fueldawg speaks the truth.

Did nobody ever suspect that stormies where clones in the original i know i did, i mean there all the same no personal featues showing like the face, they all sound the same and also they had the imperial symbol on there helmits in AOTC.

Did nobody ever suspect that stormies where clones in the original i know i did, i mean there all the same no personal featues showing like the face, they all sound the same and also they had the imperial symbol on there helmits in AOTC.

I don't know if I ever thought clones, but I did think they were all droids for a while ;) Same difference... all the same.

Archived