Home

Clone Trooper Army Team for Multiplayer

mastercheech

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Zakk to run a server you need a faily high end computer along with a fast internet connection. If you have this, then please post another response, I would be glad to help you set up a server. The same goes to everyone, if you are unsure of how to go about it, contact me and I will gladly help you. Yes mastercheech the participation sucks at the moment. Whether people are waiting on a server to go up, or just can't find the thread now that it moved, it is definetly really low. Only like 3 or 4 people have posted in the last week or so. Now as to what we do about that, I am unsure. We could use AIM to IM some of the members that we are unsure if they have found the thread. Anyways just a thought.

Well a least a few more people joined us finally. Hadn't heard from you in a while Tyrion. Could you not find the thread when it was moved, or were you just busy? Thats what I am wondering, has everyone just got tired of waiting on us to get a server up, or have they lost the thread and are unable to contact us. Take for example Boba Fart, he was a war general (can't remember proper title) and was posting pretty much everyday, but he hasn't posted since the thread was moved. Also Wamprat, he is the freaking vice president and I haven't heard from in like 2 or 3 weeks. So do we think everybody has lost the thread or have they lost interest? If they have lost the thread, then I say we start posting reminders on the main forum saying that our thread has been moved. I already posted one the other day. If they have lost interest, then well, it is easier to get it set up with fewer people so when we get everything set up (the website, server, etc. ) we can recruit some more people.

Speaking of the server, Zakk weren't you going to see about you setting one up for us? I know you were away for a while, but now that your back, do you still need some help setting one up?

Also Ah Boon I have been very busy lately, but I have just had time to get your map that you sent me and as soon as I finish this post I am going to try it out. I will tell you what I think tommorrow.

Anyways, thats all I have for now, oh except to remind those that haven't registered at our official forums to do so because we are starting to get some more activity now. Thats all for now.

Yo, Killa, just got back into town early yesterday morning, so I'm still trying to get resettled into the home life...not to mention NCAA 2003 just came out. hehe. I'll go and download that Jedi Runner software this evening and see what I can get going. Is there anyway I can IM you if I have questions? You seem to be one of very few who have any idea of what to do. I've got ICQ, AOL, and probably Yahoo! soon (since they finally redid everything) again. I'll give you guys the 411 at the CTF forums when I've got some more info.

Hey Zakk I completely understand about the NCAA 2003, I just rented it yesterday. I have 2002 and I wanted to rent 2003 first to see if it made enought changes from 2002 to warrant me buying it. But try getting jedirunner, it is mostly self explanatory,, but if you need any help at all just IM me. My AOL screenname is DreamKilla84. Also just so I can add you for future reference, what is your screename?

JediOutcast04 I will have to get back to you on whether you can join or not. We had over 35 members and had stopped accepting people, however the thread we were using to communicate to eveyone was moved and since then we have only heard from like 10 members or so. I am not sure if we have lost all the other members or if they are maybe on vacation or what. To get in good standing with the clan it would be advisable to make some posts on our official forums to show that you are going to be an active member. Our official forums are at http://www.nrgteam.com/nrgforums. And I know what you are thinking, if you have official forums how did you lose contact with your members when the thread here got moved? Well we are a brand new clan and we just in the past 2 weeks or so got our forums up so many of our members hadn't even registered at them yet. Anyways go to that website and go the CTF forums and make some posts in the recruiting section there.

So clones whats new. This isn't for the clan, but I would like to say the the new yoda model along with jedimod 1.1 is absolutely incredible. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for lots of fun.

Anyways, thats all for today. Until tommorrow, cya.

My AOL IM screenname is CTFZakk (created a new name especially for this clan). You're in South Carolina, right? We should try and hook up online as soon as I get everything in place, since we're only an hour difference. I'm going shopping either today or this weekend for a router. Fortunately I've got a pro of a dad that knows just about everything about computers to help reduce any possible insecurities I have. (Yes, I know I'm 24, but I still depend on my fam for some things! hehe)

Another thing I've noticed when joining other servers, anything over 20 or so players gets really laggy. Since we have like 35 members, do I really need to allow that many at a time? Personally, I usually join somewhere between 16 and 20 man games. What kind of options are we wanting to allow? I'm thinking a pure server with the clone skin only. I have a standard force power setting that I like to use, so I could run that by you as well when we meet up on aol. I'll get back with you on the specifics. Is there any "normal" time you're on aol? I rarely use it, so I'll try and work around your schedule.

Yeah Zakk I am in South Carolina, where are you? If you are only an hour difference then that I'm sure we can find a time for us to get together. As for the number of people on the server, well we officially had 35 members, but we seem to have lost alot of them when our thread was moved. Right now I would estimate that we have only like 10 or so active members. So making it for no more than 20 would probably be ok for now. As for when I am online, well I work from 8 to 5 weekdays and usually I am not available till around 8 or so my time and I can only be online till like 12 or so otherwise i won't be able to get myself up for work. Plus on Fridays and Saturdays I am usually out with friends till say 1 or 2. However I am stopping work this week actually so I can have a couple weeks off before college starts, so I will be available most of the day and all night on weekdays, and the same schedule still aplies for weekends. Also on weekends I can do stuff during the day, its just at night I am usually out. Anyways I am sure we can figure something out. I am interested in hearing all your ideas about the server.

So Ah Boon I understand if you are going to make your map open to the public. I don't blame you. I did however try your map out. It looks pretty good. How did you do the trap pit thing? Everything appears to work fine except for when the pit collapses I can see colored pixels falling. But maybe that is just my computer. Anyways keep up the good work.

Also to Deflare and JediOutcast04, I have talked it over with mastecheech and we will accept both of you as long as you will be active members. By active I mean making frequents posts both here and at our official forums and when we get the server up, by coming to meetings and matches. As long as you will do that, then you are in. So welcome to the clan!

Originally posted by DreamKilla84

So Ah Boon I understand if you are going to make your map open to the public. I don't blame you. I did however try your map out. It looks pretty good. How did you do the trap pit thing? Everything appears to work fine except for when the pit collapses I can see colored pixels falling. But maybe that is just my computer. Anyways keep up the good work.

the trap thing is quite simple to do but difficult to understand :D its like this, you make two rooms joined to each other with a floor. then make a pillar on top of the floor. make both the pillar and the floor func_breakable and for the floor check the INVISIBLE box so that it wont break when the player attacks the floor. target the pillar at the floor and whalla! its done.... chop the pillar, there goes the floor and into the pit you go!

you can check richDiesel's tut in the mapping forum :D

Mastercheech and DreamKilla, I need you to contact me on AOL (CTFZakk is my screen name) so I can send you the password so we can test thing out. I think it's up and going, but I see it as LOCAL, so that isn't exactly a great testing point for me. I should be around most the day. The server name is [CTF] Zakk's Server.

Zakk.

Archived