Home

Ep2 Dual Disappointment!!!!!!!!!

AnTi-HeRo

Hey all,

i'd just like to give my 2 cents about the dual in EP2....yes, Ep2 in my opinion was a HUGE success, stunting.....ALMOST......as everyone may recall, there was a huge buzz before the release of the movie, about a the scene in which anakin uses TWO lightsabers in his dual against dooku.....WHAT A HEAP......yes he DID use two lightsabers....... for not much more than TWO seconds!!! i think that lucas really dropped the ball on this one, he could have made a shining example of anakin (chosen one's) abilities by having him acctually put SOME stress on dooku!! not to mention, the huge doors this technique could have opened in the eye candy department, i mean IMAGINE the countless style that could have been shown, hackng, uppercutting with with 2 shining blades, fast spining attacks and eye popping aerobatics, all of which could have looked stunning.....instead, all that they were used for was a desperate attempt of hold dooku back, not forcing the so called "Sith Lord" to show much skill at all. Oveall all i was quite disappointed with the obi/anakin/dooku dual scene, they much to slow and plain, neither of the 2 jedi put up much of a fight and dooku hardly seemed like a true SITH, the absence of the much waited for dual saber technique was heartbreaking and the duals didn't last anywhere near as long as they should have.

In the end, the prize goes to the YODA v DOOKU DUAL:D, which had everything the others didn't, but sadly was also a little short lived. Never the less, it was fantastic!!

On a similar.....i'd really like to see the dual saber technique used extentively in Ep3 or some other starwars theme (games). Mainly beside it would open up a whole lot of new possiblities to the fighting. Thousands of years before the movies, there were acctually a group of jedi and sith were excusively used 2 lightsabers in combat, they were prohabits the most skilled and feared jedi/sith in the galaxy at the time, one of them was Darth Bane, the maker of the Law of Two. In era, thee was lots of references to dual saber STYLES, jedi en sith were shown lopping wide swings (like holding a baseball bat in each hand), short fast attacks and all kinds of spinning styles...it would be great to see these used in ep3 by anakin, at the peak of her abilities (i imagine not just any fool with a "jedi diploma" could put them off:D)...or even an action game about the old republic, showing off peak abilities of both jede and sith.

Sorry for the long post...and any typos....

PLZ give your opinion this

LATAZ

The point of that fight was to show you that Anakin's skill could not possibly match that of Yoda or Obi-wan. Anakin was cocky and, in the end, was shown that he was not the best. Lucas wanted him to get (yet another) hit on his (Anakin's) ego. You see, all of this is piling up for Anakin's fall...

Archived