Home

Co-op mod ideas thread

ironcladlou

Yeah, I guess thats a good point. Well, if Lucasarts want to be *******s then thats fine! But can they not just release the game logic, like they did in MP? Its not the engine i'm concerned with, just the game logic. If they can't even do that then screw em. or if they CAN'T do that, then they should have done something before hand to ensure people could modify the game when they released the logic. On another note, i praise valve highly for what they did then. Not only releasing the source code but giving the engine to worthy people is very high in my respect charts.

I heard somewhere that the source code is integrated into the single player executable. Well, if thats true then we better give up.

Anyways, you guys keep that 5 star mod comin our way. At least i can salvage something from the game that i wanted from the start!!!

TheSnerd is "re-coding" the entire ICARUS scripting language as far as I know. I once heard about plans that the Coop source code will be given to mod developers with promising projects - so you might be able to get control over a lot of cool things by using TheSnerd's code... ;)

You know that Kaiburr saga mod?? How the hell are they supposed to do anything without the single player code? The thing is, it looks like a blinding idea aswell!! Oh well, I've posted my views and opinions on raven site, not that I think it will make a damn bit of difference. Someone said you need the engine to make the kind of mods that most people are on about, but surely thats not quite right? I thought the engine for a game purely governed the renderer etc.... but perhaps i'm wrong?

The engine is everything: graphics, sound, netcode, file access system, consol system, and so on. I haven't heard about this mod before, so I can't say if it's possible to develop this mod. But probably it is, otherwise they wouldn't try, would they?

I'm pretty sure it's mostly a SP side mod. They want to implement dual sabers (As in 2 sabers, one in each hand) and dual blade sabers, new animations for each and a whole new saber fighting code. They can not possibly do that without the source, right?

They gotta web site if your interestedKaiburr Saga

I'm sure someone tried to import it using an ICARUS script, or it was an IBI file. It was either of them anyway. That didn't work anyway and thats one of the main things I want in single player!! Not just me I'm sure! As you may well see, I'm quite the impatient one. Everyone should start a petition to Lucasarts, make them release it. The mod community needs it. Besides in about two years, maybe less with the new doom game on the way, ID Interactive will have a new engine and this one will be obsolete, but even then, I don't think Lucasarts will release it. It's sad friends, the way Lucasarts behave, we all know there not community friendly. I guess we were lucky to get the MP code, but hey, SP counts too.

Sounds cool, so the co-op mode will be SP based? For some reason (Yeah, I haven't read ALL the thread) I thought it was MP based because you talked about using all the MP chars.

Anyways, it sounds like a great mod. Its definetly something that I wanted from day one, as most of the peeps n here will say no doubt! Just one thing though.......if you guys can get the dual blade in SP, how come no-one else has been able to do it? I'm no great coder by a long shot, I just skin and model, but some of the good coders out there have failed, so I was just wondering!

You got it wrong. TheSnerd takes the MP source code and writes the SP code all by himself! And you need a lot of experience and time to do so, thus no one else has yet been able to code this (in the example with the dual light saber, you would actually play multiplayer with the scripts and levels from SP!)

Aha! I see. Well then, we all just wait for this cool mod to arrive then. Thankyou for your patience expandable, I'm sure I became a little annoyin over the past four or so days! When you say that we will be playing through MP with SP scripts and so on, do we get back the original lightsaber styles? Not just slower versions of the fast stance?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well this post has ages to get a reply. Well are there any updates about the progress of the co-op mod(I don't mean to press you, take your time and release a bug free co-op not like the mohaa one that lacks both features and is buggy as hell)?

btw. I where did TheSnerd go? I don't c a single post from him lately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Comment on the old Value = good community support: While they do support the community, they've only released one game!! Raven, on the other hand, releases multiple games a year. They simply don't have the time to deal with the retarded modding community. (I mean retarded on average. :) Of course, this is no reason to not release their SP source. My guess is that they don't want to release because it's their intellenctal property.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived