Home

Want to become a Jedi? Read this for Jedi questions.

Wraith 8

After reading this thread, you still want to become a Jedi?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. After reading this thread, you still want to become a Jedi?

• YES! Im not afraid! (you will be. You will be) :yoda:
    • I guess so. dont know. (See threw you we can) :syoda:
    • Nope. No way. (Afraid are you?) :rhett:
    • I wasnt planning on becoming a Jedi. (hmmmm. A wise choice.) :yodaball:

you bring up a good point dengar. I never really thought of all the potential customers leaving because its to hard to be a jedi. That is really a sad fact, and hopefully it wont be too truthful.

As for the bh using a lightsaber, the devs said that it is possible for non-jedi to use lightsabers, but it will be very ineffective. Plus it will decay over time just like everything else, and only jedi are able to repair lightsabers.

Yes the devs have placed emphasis on jedi building their own lightsaber, but you will be able to get them.

Where? I do not know. :confused:

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Wraith 8

Jedi who make Lightsabers will only be able to weild the ones they made very well.

Ofcourse any player is able to 'ask' or 'buy' it from a jedi.. but will in NO way be able to wield it aswell as the one who made it.

So jedi will be able to make multiple sabres? Seems like being a jedi will be a tradeskill more than a mystic warrior class in which case ;)

I was hoping that a jedi would have to spend a long time and go through many trials just to make a sabre, and that it would be tailored specially to that jedi. :(

well they COULD be a trade class if thats what you want to get into (barter/polictics/craftsmanship kind of thing) but you can also get a lightsaber, you just wont be as good with it as if you had built it yourself.

No one knows how long it will take to build one, but you will have to find your crystal and all the metals and everything (or buy them...) and then build it.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand why the developers are trying to do what they are doing. They are trying to be true to that time period. The only problem I have with it is its a game.

If, as a consumer, I want to play this game as a Jedi, knowing my character will be hounded, and hunted maybe 'till my death, that should be my choice.

I dont think it should be easy, BUT, I do think you should have some choice on achieving force sensitivity. I dont think it should be completely random. People will spend alot of money, and put alot of time into this product, they should have some say in how that time is spent.

If you want to try to become FS, you may play the game a certain way. You may try not to get into fights, you may spend alot of time with nothing to show for it, if its completely random.

Again, I realize in the movies, you didnt choose who would be FS, you either were or you werent. But this is still a game, and the Jedi are one of the biggest reason why star wars is so popular.

Maybe, what they should have done is when you create your character, your told if your FS or not, and must decide at that time whether or not to pursue the life of a jedi. Dont the jedi take you as a child, to train you? Except for 2 people, everyone else was taken as an infant.

They would have to protect against people just creating and creating characters over and over until they create one thats FS, how, I am not so sure. But it would be much better knowing at the start if you were or were not FS. Maybe it could be through your email address that you must respond to so its legit...I dont know.

I would prefer to know at the start how to play the game, not find out down the road that since I killed someone or something like that, I will never be FS or become a Jedi.

Originally posted by Ascari

I just realised something :)

This thread is the same Jedi thread that was active when I left in May 2002 :)

Dear god!

I didnt mis a thing :(

well actually it was dead for a few months before an idiot someone bumped it. he said something about an overwhelming number of threads about jedi ;)

@ Dengar: uhmmm i believe your body cant be looted at all.

the developers think it is best you can keep it... but there is some talk about it... and it can change at any given time.

@ neo6: i hate to say this but... if they want to be jedi so bad... play the Jedi Knight games. but that is my opinion.

im not realy planing on a jedi.. yet... but the thing im woried about is the fact that there will be a buntch of jedi runing all over the place, witch isnt realistic, i know the Devs say that it will be a long and hard (uh hu hu hu long, hard,) process but im still skeptical.:rolleyes:

Archived