Home

4 Simple Changes to make the game good again

Dunpeel

1) Increase saber damage to the old settings.

2) Reduce backstab damage.

3) Return of the DFA (skilled players can dodge the old DFA, only whining noobs cant).

4) Leave the old force settings cept leave the new absorb.

Its that simple.

My opinions on your opinions:

1) No, I Like the current damage system, but an increase with 15-20 points for a hit would be good. So a damage increase, yes, but not the old one where you always do as much damage in the beginning of a swing, the end and the middle...

2) Don't know about that one, make it so people laying down can't be backstabbed instead. Backstabs are easy to avoid if I stand up, it's the force pull + backstab that can be dangerous.

3) No, I would say unskilled players complain about the DFA being sucky now, I kill a lot of people using it. Although I think it should be made unblockable, I've seen to many people block it... At least I think so (see extra point 5)

4) No, I like the new healing, duel games don't lasts hours now.

Decrease absorb running time from 25 seconds or what it is now (to long, around 15 would be good).

Drain still heals you in milliseconds if you drain 2-3 people at the same time. Grip would be nerfed with a sensitivity (Not extremely slow though) when you use it, you can now turn around people 180 seconds as fast as you can move the mouse, making it impossible to push away the gripper.

And what's up with that I sometimes can't push away grippers with push level 3? That's stupid..

My extra point 5)

Make a better hit system, it's impossible to tell wether you scratched or hit someone most of the times.

1. I like the balance of damage

2. As you say about DFA, skilled player can dodge the backstab, only whining noobs can't

3. Agreed

4. I love the force setting...especially the absorb

In my opinion, this game is more fun than ever with the latest patch. Perfect? No...but a much bigger improvment over the original release.

My 2 cents

TheGoAt™

Originally posted by Dunpeel

3) Return of the DFA (skilled players can dodge the old DFA, only whining noobs cant).

Its that simple.

1. Remove blue style and make it so sabers actualy hurt/decrease saber blocking. THis is a game of timing and skill not blind ass luck.

2. Make Heavy and Med style backstab a poke in the back like the blue style.

Remove the sweep. Limiting the Total dmg to ONE person not the 5 standing around you. BUT DO NOT REDUCE BACKSTAB DMG

3. return DFA to its original. REmove the lingering hitbox its that simple.

4. Absorb needs to cost 3 times as much if its gonna continue to be invisible. Right now there is no reason NOT to use absorb its the perfect force pwr considering it blocks 6 other force pwrs by itself.

Absorb is way to overpwrd as it is now and needs to be fixed.

Unnerf Drain.

5. Roll needs to cost mana.

6. Leave in and have more Offensive combos with the swords.

7. A saber should be able to dmg a person on all arcs and wherever it touches someone.

8. Did i mention that absorb is way to effin pwrfull in ctf saber/force matches yet?

ok i rekon:

the lightsabers should be made "realisticly" so they do damage like in the films (use the cheat for this) as this.

Enemys should be more clever when it comes to lightsaber battles so they block more, and in more ways than one. enemys should drop saber is attacking blow is more powerful than there defensive power ( only sometimes tho, like if they are sonstantly hit)

Enemys shouldnt just did if their arms are cut off, they could sream and shout "ouch" but then they could lie on the floor cryin or try n fight back.

MORE ALIEN MONSTERS!!!!!!!! What happnd to the rancor or that big dragon, wait a min the only bloody monster alien was the damn mine crawler, WHY????

I agree totally with what Mero Vilul said.

PS. Don't ever bring back the old DFA. That 1 hit kill move was to easy to do, and that's why people were spamming it all the time. Don't bring us back to the days where you joined a server and all you saw were people doing DFA over and over and over again.

i don play online yet so i dono what the dfa is all this is greek to me i am new to this series so what. however the way it sount to me is u ppl cant hack a good fight bring ths back , get rid of that , make this unblockabe . seems like you need the edge to win a stacked deck to your advantade doesnt sound like the newbies are doing the whining to me

Originally posted by DannyJAllTheWay

"

Uhm.... Only whining n00bs use the DFA. Skilled people use medium. Do we have to go over this again...?

LoL! I hope not.

Personally I can't believe that someone actually wants the old DFA back. I mean...all those people bunnyhopping around...was that fun? Was it cool?

DFA is usually a one-hit-kill move in 1.03 too..very effective when used correctly.

Now why would you want it to kill everything in a 20 feet radius and allow you to turn in mid-air?! Is there really something wrong with the "1.03 DFA"? Something that bothers these ELITE players who keep posting about it? Was the bunnyhop-DFA the favourite move of the 1.02 ownerZ? :rolleyes:

Really, people....the DFA was the most bithced about thing in 1.02 NOT BECAUSE IT WAS UNAVOIDABLE but because people spammed it. Now it is not spammed anymore, but remains a deadly attack. What is the problem?! Jesus...you whiners make me sick.

Oh, and if someone feels like being a wise-ass and pointing out the good old "you are whining about whiners which makes you a whiner, isn't that ironic lol!?" ....I will kill you in real life. I promise. Honestly...I will!

My thoughts:

1) Maybe not all the way up to old settings, but I *would* like to see how the increased blocking affects the damage under the 1.02 settings. Possibly increase them to halfway between instead.

2) Yes, but not to the level it was under 1.02, where it did the same as a normal swing. OTOH, it may do the same as a normal swing, but hit in more places, if so, reduce the damage some, but a hit form the majority of the points in the swing should STILL kill outright (you've been hit say, 6 times - of course you're dead). The suggestion about stopping the backstab/swing from hitting people getting up/on the floor is probably the most necessary change (perhaps the only one, since that would stop a lot of abuse - "ass-fighters" are easy to deal with from there). The backstab is easy to avoid if you are standing up, but flat on your ass it's a little tricker - you generally take some damage as you jump up to avoid it.

3) Not exactly the old DFA, the new one hits hard, kills if you connect solidy (nearly if you don't). I agree that lateral turning should remain gone, but how many times have you used it and landed on top of someones head? I do half the time I use it :> Allowing it to turn up and down would be acceptable, since you still wouldn't be able to hit ppl to the sides, and would stop this "landing on head" silliness.

4) This is a looong one - Abosrb should remain invisible, since that is the one advantage of it (before it was worthless, except for breaking grip). Leave it invisible, but increase the rate of force consumption to somewhere between the 1.02 and 1.03 levels (last less time, but has a duration that is useful).

I think perhaps Protect should also become invisible, but I don't know about other necessary changes to it - I rarely see it used (so it needs some beefing at least).

Heal should retain its current level of cost, but return to it's old level of healing - atm it costs too much and you get VERY little return except at level 3, and even then it is practically useless. This would go especially well with an increase in saber damage, but could be sacrificed if damage was left as it is.

Mind Trick, Grip, Dark Rage and Lightning are fine as they are, but Drain acts too quickly - the rate at which it drains force power should be reduced somewhat, but can be compensated by reducing the cost to it's 1.02 incarnation - remember, if you know someone is using drain a lot, absorb 3 negates it's force drain and healing (without giving you energy though).

I'd like to see the two Team powers (Team Heal and Team Energise become more useful, I have rarely seen these used, nor heard of them used. I myself only use them because I often have a single point left after buying force powers).

I've probably forgotten some of the force powers, but those arwe the main ones with my thoughts on helpful changes. I primarily play Light side, so my familiarity with the DS powers is minimal, constructive criticism is welcome, flamers will be ignored (unless you point is VERY accurate).

Archived