Home

Am i the only one who doesnt use force powers?

TerrorBabble

Am i the only one that plays with NO force powers on my server? I know i can't be the only one, but im not sure. I just think that force powers dont take as much skill as hand to hand (or i should say lightsaber to lightsaber) fighting. I mean, i rock with no force powers, but when someone comes in and all they use is force lightning and dodge my attacks to kill me. Is there some way that i can become good at using forces or am i forever doom to 0wn3d-dom and ill have to play with bots the rest of my life. All posts are welcomed.

I have played no force saber fights and I think there kinda boring, using force powers adds another dimension to the game.

Using force powers actually requires ALOT of skill because not only do you have to hone your skills at saber battles but you have to get good at using force counters, IE absorb to negate grip, lightning etc and be proficent enough with your force to actually get the kill.:atat:

Once you practice enough with force and get proficent with it, youll never go back :D

well im not the end all be all for using force by any means, but what I can tell you is get really good at using push and pull and stay away from the darkforce if your playing against a good light side player its worthless. sure its cool to choke and shock the hell out of someone but does you no good if he just force pushes you away or uses absorb. if you master the push/pull knockdown youll be at the top of your game ;)

The no force matches are good when I get sick of playing against the noob script users that spam the special moves constantly :D

I dont' mind force but I just hate full jedi master level force. I think if your going to have force people should have to choose between what they get...say Jedi level. That way each jedi is different.

I think half the battle in terms of mastering Force powers is just in the control setup. You have to be able to switch on Absorb, push someone or drain someone as quickly as your reaction time allows -- and the default control setup doesn't let you do that. I use the mouse/WASD setup for movement, and I bound my Force powers as such:

Mousewheel forward: Push

Mousewheel backward: Pull

Q - Speed

Z - Heal

X - Absorb

C - Protection

R - Mind Trick

V - Seeing

As you can see I'm a light side user. In practice I almost never use Protection, Seeing or Mind Trick because the other powers just simply give more bang for the buck. Note that is from the perspective of a guy who almost never plays team games, I don't have a key for Team Heal/Energize but it would probably have to be F.

The thing that made the most difference for me was mapping Push and Pull to the mouse wheel, someone else on this forum recommended it and it made a huge difference, it's very intuitive. I highly recommend it if you have one.

Archived