Home

Monkey Island 1 audio tracks

Thyphoon

Hello

I search some Rip mp3 from audio track Monkey Island madness ? You know ? it's the 256 colors version with audio track. I have the original 16 colors games..but i want to listen original music from michael Lang. Where can i get it ? Thanks !

Thyphoon

Originally posted by Thyphoon

I search some Rip mp3 from audio track Monkey Island madness ?

It's not exactly clear what it is you're after. If you have the CD version, it's playable in a CD player. If you want to make mp3s out of the CD audio, get MusicMatch or something similar and go wild.

But if you don't have the CD version, just forget about it. First, the music in the floppy versions is in a kind of MIDI. Second, I doubt you're up to what's required to do anything with the MIDI data. Third, I wouldn't dare try to explain to you how to go from MIDI to mp3.

I suggest you just go over to Highland Productions, get their MIDIs, and call it good.

Thanks every body for your reply ! :-)

i have not the CD ! i have juste Amiga Disk verison.

I listen some midi song but is not the best....

I listen the Monkey 1 theme in mp3 i found it on a peer to peer software it's great . i hope found all other track or found the CD on a shop.

thanks for all

Thyphoon

ps:excuse me for my bad english

Well, that's right, the Amiga versions use that exotic audio format (TFMX). There's a way to extract the songs from the data files. I don't know if Amiga data files are XORed or not (as the PC versions do). If they aren't XORed, you can just use one of the available rippers, most of them can extract TFMX; I had one called RRip for M$ DOS and could extract some things from older Amiga disk images.

If data files are XORed, you must find the XOR key and apply a XOR all over the file so the ripper can extract music and other things. I don't know how to find a xor key, but applying it is very straightforward (about 15 lines of C code).

Finally, if this seems too complicated, you can download the music from SoundFont Island (there's a link at Mojo) :)

the Mac version uses midi files but there was a file called "iMuse Setups" which had all the little sound patches which were used for the various instruments. It sounded pretty good, actually. Far better than any SoundBlaster at the time could do (though probably inferior to the MODs of the Amiga one). So I guess it was like MOD files, except that they all drew on one common library for the instrument samples instead of it being file specific.

I have MP3s of all Monkey Island pieces (ranging from part 1 to 4)... it's about 7 hours of music. I've even created CD-covers for all of them (part 1 on one CD, part 2 - 4 each on two CDs). I've converted the MIDIs from part 2 with my YAMAHA-XG soft synth... they sound all right.

Well, if someone has about 300 MB of webspace for me to upload the files to... I would upload them.

• 4 weeks later...

wouldn't it be insanely great if there was an application which could extract the correct samples from the iMuse-file, and combine it with the actual MIDI-file, and the result would be a perfect sounding MOD-file? I know it is impossible, but think of it! :)

Archived