Home

Where is the PA standing by now?

Zendjir

We need to come up with a basic outline for the PA. Any ideas about social structure, goals, special rules, etc. ?

Post them here!

Info we got right now:

We already got our starting planet: Corellia

We have (sort of) agreed that we will start a town

And we will remain a neutral faction.

It's a non-profession specialized PA

We do need a command structure for the PA, however. Probably with Gaalgoth and the leader of the Massassi as co-leaders, and with officers in each profession, like a chief of weapons design and security chief for example.

I think that u are starting too big, and maybe biting off much more than you can chew. Do you really know what is involved with the administration of running a city? Wouldn't it be more practical to concentrate on a network or guild first? The town/city thing will follow in due course but u gotta take it one step at a time.:rolleyes:

The whole city idea is a good one but what you really need to do is forge a bond first.

Heh, sure, I know we can't build a city on day 1. Firstly, houses will propably not be that cheap, since then, the whole planets would be built on! :D.

I am thinking of having a town as a 'meeting point' at first, and then perhaps establish a small settlement on a chosen place (one or two houses, perhaps a shop or two), and then keep on working on it. A town should take some sweat and toil to build, that way, we would be extra proud of every building inside it!

Exactly. However, once we get a couple of houses and a shop, we'll need to let the members go out and get better on the individual level, so that we don't all get blown to bits by a single high-level THEIVE.

I agree. We should have some kind of structure, in the beginning probably leave me and MikeC (he's the leader of the Massassi) as the leaders, but as we get bigger elect a city council. That does not mean necessarily that me and Mike will remain in power, but if we are elected we could. And for starters I think that we should just meet in a certain city. We can take over a cantina or something,you know? Just basically always meet in there so it's our hang out. then when we have enough money we can start building. And EVERYONE has to pitch in here.....If we want a city it will be built alot faster if we all pitch in and build buildings together.

Sounds like a plan to me gaalgoth:p So, I guess the next step is to decide what we need to do first. (You already hit the nail on the head with raising funds - what form does the currency take at that point in time?)

'you Republic creditza-no-good-here-ahh' :cool:

I have decided that I probably want to be a miner, plain and simple (hehe). I would like to contribute funds to the upkeep of our PA from the profits I make in the Mining business. I have some other interests and ideas based around this theme but in the eyes of your everyday citizen, I am a miner.

I reckon I could get some help from the PA from time to time if I need it (security, droids, equipment, weapons, explosives, black market goods, other sensitive equipment) and most of the everyday things that you need to run a mining operation on Corellia

One thing for sure though, I dont wanna set up a mine too close to civilisation so I will definately need security. If I have to operate under the gaze of the imperials I dont wanna be bothered every day with troops n things, (the less inspections the better).

I'll also need a fast ship with a high cargo capacity and a skilled pilot but that will come to light nearer the time.

So its turning out that I may be in the position to employ several of you, my associates. I will definately need, miners (maybe NPCs for that), engineers, droidmakers, security, pilot and crew and salesmen!! If you let me, I can really make a go out of funding the start of our city (and any other projects that we may wish to undertake).

Can I count on your support ppl? :D

Well, the devs hinted that miners would need armed backup for protection, since the best mining places will be filled with MOBs. And without the materials, noone can produce anything. And that means that I don't get new equipment when my old blaster gets worn out. So I guess the circle is completed there, when I stand guard while you mine. Count me in! :)

Archived