Home

skriptkiddyz SUCK

Darth Webster

I think everyone (that matters anyway) will agree that "skriptkiddyz" SUCK! What kind of red-neck/pimple-faced/knuckle-dragging geek thinks that using script (that some one else wrote!) equals skill. I mean come on!

People, please use this thread as a means to unleash your own Darksides and frustrations upon those usless dweebs who do naught but wreak a good expiriance for the rest of us!!

i always use normal strikes.. infact the only real "move " i make is the medium finisher.

my style is not about killing moves.. its about moving and jabbing and timing hits.. unlike most spammers out there... i just LOVE killing script spammers.. especially the script kickers.. ive laughed at em so hard they actually left the server once or twice hehe. its great when they realise some guy who want being cheap or cheating beat the crap out of them with raw skill.

Said Script Kiddies are anyone who thinks it's clever to use pre-writen scripts (little programs) to cheat at games (or to hack computers, but that's a different rant).

An example; there are powerful moves in Jedi that require you to preform a combomation of comands in order to preform them. The power of the move is balanced by the difficulty to corectly compleat them. Thus it requires TALENT to pull them off. A script kiddie use a script to execute the entire sequance at the stroke of a single key. They then mash that key over and over and over and over... thus making them fairly easy to spot.

In fact, they are not clever. They are anoying. They have no talent. If someone ELSE didn't write the scripts for them, they would be able to do exactly nothing.

what the hell in jkii requires a script?, at least in terms of saber fighting. Please let me know, cause I just don't buy the whole script kiddies argument. Even backstab only requires you to be able to do a quick 180, then spin like hell. Some people think good backstabbers have scripts, but these people are shortsighted quitters.

This game is very button intensive. There are voice recognition programs for this game that you can set up force powers so you can "use the force" with your voice and leave movement and saber fighting for your fingures. Do you think this method is cheap? My brain is calculating the correct tactics and options to kill my opponent, I am just not stumbling over buttons trying to do it effectively. Is that really cheating? Scripts are a part of the game and every game on the market. The game commands are public domain.

To use a script to execute multiple commands or to customize the configuration of your keys can be just as abused as the "stock" set up of game commands and keys. Spammers, lamers, and those that abuse powerful moves at the expense of gameplay will always exist. I think you are confusing this fact and making a gross generaliztion of all people that use game commands in script format.

Real cheats bypass the game commands all together and remove the human brain from the equation either partially or totally by giving the player the ability of the gamer to do things no one can do with game commands alone. Like tracking players, striking when sabers can't block, and moving quicker than set speeds. These are the real cheats that rob gameplay from everybody on the server by removing the human from the human/gamecommand equation.

Most script select guns in custom orders, switch to the last weapon used, change gamma, change models, change volume, customize netcode commands to the server you are playing on, and much more. It is challanging and rewarding as a hobby. Script have a very legitamate value in games.

Don't let the lamers and spammers confuse you and please dont make gross generalizations and stereo types of people that write and use scripts and binds.

Flame me without a rational thought to back it up and I will post a script designed to pis you off. (that I actually had the brains to write myself)

Jesus, scripting is a major feature of quake based games, that's nothing to do with cheating. Anyway most pre-written scripts suck and don't work properly. Also a 180 degree turnaround + back stab script will be pretty inaccurate, therefore useless. I use scripts for quick configs so I can switch quickly nf/ff/guns/sabers/ctf.

I have never seen anyone using a powerful script, it's just your imagination.

Anyone can write skripts, you just have to use your brain.

Scripts don't = evil. However like guns, it's not the script thats evil, it's the slob using them.

voice recognition SF for making it easier to do something that SHOULD be easy? Great I'm all for it! I can see me yelling PUSH! PULL! DARK RAGE! and waking the whole house up the first night I got one of these things. why is this ok? because thiungs like force powers are simple one button activation abilities. like swinging your saber or opening the chat box.

however for techniques and moves?

The two most common scripts I have seen are the kick script, and the saber lock script.

first of all let me say that without question though I may not be the fastest gun the in the west I got DAMN good reflexes, and can win or tie almost any saber lock with just about anyone (not all but most).

the same goes for kicks, I can usualy beat if not equal the amount of kicks I can pull off successfully as almost anyone.

Ie I can usualy equal or beat the tie for getting the kick off first.

Hell in Karate I can throw 14 punches in a single second! (great but not legendary hehe, more than most people though).

but like I said I know I'm not the fastest button hitter out there, but I CAN tell when someone isn

't simply faster but is using a script for the above mentioned situations.

i met a guy with saber lock scripting. Every single time we locked, he won within a bit less than 2 seconds. either A: he had rapid fire on a joystick (possibility for sure), or had a saber lock script (someone on this forum had even made one and bragged about it. prolly buried way back with the 1.02 sucks rants).

I've met some GREAT people at saber locks, and goten beaten enough to know how it feels when you are fast but the other guy is a bit fater. Usualy the lock stay in play for a WHILE, and usualy becomes a tie if it lasts too long.

If someone is physically faster than me the lock doesn't end in less than 2 seconds, even a slow two second count.

so whats up with the guy who can get in saber lock then knock me down less than 2 seconds later no matter how fast I hit the fire button? Impossible? No... Most likely had a script or rapid fire? HELL YES!

Kicks. either through a script or again with auto fire, the new kicks in 1.03 can be done as fast as they where done in 1.02 even to the front.

Before one tap was enough, now one tap is still enough. you just have to hit that once before the other guy can hit his jump twice.

What does this mean? even if I am ready and planning to do a kick the guy with the script, or autofire can actualy kick me before I can hit my jump key a second time, so long as he remotely has some good reflexes.

If it takes me a few miliseconds to hit the jump key twice (fast), the guy simply has to hit it once in the same amount of time. This is entirely possible! since I have to jump before I can kick.

Now what if the guy has a higher ping than me (which is common since I am on cable). then it becomes REALLY obvious.

Once I charged the scrip/aotfire enabled guy, with one hand on foreward, and both thumbs on my jump key to maximize the speed of hitting the jump key (how quickly can you tap two fingers from oposite hands on your desk. seeminly instantly right?).

I did this five times and every time he out kicked me. even when i obviously started it first!

Your Pc can regester scripted actions MUCH faster than you could ever hope to press a single key twice!

thus all he has to do is hit the key once and poof. Jump kick.

I never claim someone is a scripter, or something without REALLY testing it, and watching them. thus the events I am talking about arn't just grudge complaints. Why hold a grudge against someone you will probably never see again ever over somehting so minor?

So my point is, scripts or at least autofire, when used in this way I consider a grey area kind of cheating. Ie not really cheating, but when overused and exploited it Is cheating.

Thus if you have a script for pull backstab... which I hear CAN exist, simply a case of telling the PC to activate force power pull, turn 180 degree's, then back and attack with the proper delay. I would say they can turn faster than you could trying to do the sae thing manualy since the turning with the mouse is only as slow as your hand and mouse sensitivity.

I'm no programmer or know anything about the fundamentals of writing a real script (though I hear it's deceptively simple, and just requires knowing how to set up the file, and the commands for executing things).

So yeah when a script is used as an exploit to get frags, or have an unfair advantage like with kick spamming, backstabs, or saber locks, I feel it should be frowned upon almost as much as true cheating (wall hacks, aimbots ETC).

heck I think you can make an aim bot just by doing certain scripting, at least you could in CS.

so yeah scripting itself is not evil, especialy when used to set up force powers ETC. Why would that be unfair? It just makes setting up your config take less time, and you know won't screw it up in your frenzy to join the servers action.

However when you script to gain unfair advantage by making difficult moves easy, your basically cheating...

I bet you if I had the exact sae scripts as these cheaters, I could outscript fight most script users. simply because script users have a crutch. and when put on an even field they usual suck.

The best though is beating a scitper or cheater without being lame. HEHE the same goes for pull backstab spammers...

In my book if I kill the pull backstab spammer half as many times as he kills me or more, that player must REALLY suck... no matter what map we are on ETC. I make sure to tell them that too ;)

i m a programmer and ocasionally a scripter and i created a few scripts for jk2.

Actually the first one i created was a force powers configuration one :

when i play light q,e,capslock,r and f are bound to lightside powers

and when i press a key ,i switch to darkside ,binding all these keys to darkside powers.

(the effects only start when you respawn(ie dead))

These kind of scripts are usefull and i use weapon selection scripts too.

You could easily create scrpts for every situation Demangel exposed except for the headshot one.

A saber lock, kick or 180 backstab would be easy to write.

I don t really consider that scripting is cheating it only depands on the person that uses them. If he is spamming the move again and again it s anoying , but if he only uses once in a time as everybody (without script) would do it s fine for me .

btw i use a blue lunge script (shame on me !)

If you reckon scripting is fair game then you obviously are talentless!

Anything other than changing the key configuration in setup to me is a cheat, you are knowingly giving yourself an advantage that the opponent may not have knowledge of. How is that sporting?

If winning is the only thing that matters to you then you must have a small C--K because you are trying to inflate your own opinion of yourself through underhand methods.

There is infinitely more satisfaction to winning (or losing) without giving yourself the upperhand from the outset.

Scripters, I pity you you pathetic wretches.

Alright folks... half this topic has gone off cource. Please re-read my definition:

"Said Script Kiddies are anyone who thinks it's clever to use pre-writen scripts (little programs) to cheat at games (or to hack computers, but that's a different rant)."

I did not make a thread called scripts suck. I said "SkriptKiddiez" suck (those of you who are observant will note the use of l33tspek to ferther define the target of my rant).

The key consept here is "cheat". If you can't do it without a script, then you shouldn't be able to do it. If it gives you an unfair advantage, then any victory you have is hollow. If it enhances your game play experiance WITHOUT messing it up for others, great!!

Bottom line; ask yourself "is it me, or my scripts?" If it's you, congradulations! If it's your script, then hey, you're a Script Kiddy and you SUCK (please re-read the entirety of my defenition, uninstall all games from your computer, and hide your face in same for the rest of your days)!

I'd like to know how to make a script so you can change keys between Light and dark forces (something that was easier to have in Jk1 :( oh well)

So... right now I have:

wasd - movement keys

C = Grip

V = Drain

X = Lightning

Z = Speed

R = Push

F = Pull

-------------------

I want to be able to switch to a light keyset as well... something like:

C = Absorb

V = Heal

X = Protect

etc...

in every game i have ever played that used scripts it ruined the game.. prime example of that is tribes and tribes 2.

i was a sniper in that game. never used any scripts.. i could tell when the other sniper had auto targeting aiming and all those types of scripts.

and yeah anything that gives you an advantage over others that is NOT in the game is cheating.. duh.

whats funny is when you go in team ffa and ffa servers the best players usually are in the middle of scores.

the people who have no skill and use scripts and spam stuff over and over almost always have 10+ more kills then everyone else. they need the self esteem boost i guess, so they can feel good about themselves by seeing a high score.

a few times i have taunted these idiots into fighting normally.. and they are taken down in short work.. because they dont know how to move, they just know how to spam kill moves over and over. one or two guys i fought actually were like " damn.. you are good. can you teach me how to do this or that".

i dont care if i lose.. ive fought guys in duel servers where the guy was so good i lost 20 times in a row.. he didnt use cheap moves over and over he was just good period. what gets me is when people feel the need to cheat and be cheap.. this is one of the major reasons i never play fps quake type games.

Originally posted by AB_Legion

I'd like to know how to make a script so you can change keys between Light and dark forces (something that was easier to have in Jk1 :( oh well)

So... right now I have:

wasd - movement keys

C = Grip

V = Drain

X = Lightning

Z = Speed

R = Push

F = Pull

-------------------

I want to be able to switch to a light keyset as well... something like:

C = Absorb

V = Heal

X = Protect

etc...

I ve got that in stock :

autoexec.cfg

set light_side "echo ^4LIGHT SIDE ;bind v force_heal;bind c force_absorb;bind x force_protect;bind capslock force_healother"

set dark_side  "echo ^1DARK SIDE ;bind v +force_drain;bind c +force_grip;bind x +force_lightning;bind capslock force_rage"

set force_cycle1 "vstr light_side;set force_cycle vstr force_cycle2"
set force_cycle2 "vstr dark_side ;set force_cycle vstr force_cycle1"
set force_cycle vstr force_cycle1

jk2mp.cfg

bind F3 vstr force_cycle

if you are not too dumb you should figure out how to edit it and changes to your preferencies ....

I don't see why you care about said 'skriptkiddyz' though it may be because I generally play NF duels. I think scripts are wonderful, people start into this choreographed movement that's exactly the same every time. After a try or two I catch on to the timing and own that script. From then on, that script goes from giving me potential hit with a medium possibility of winding up getting hit, to giving me a probable hit with a very low possibility of winding up hit.

The classics are the 'special' moves. I love people who use scripts for these, because there is generally a little way of moving that betrays their script and allows me to position myself for nailing their exposed region. Actually I like people who use special moves in general, even the best players I've seen use them hit me very rarely, and almost never twice with the same move.

do you really believe that scripting fancy moves makes anyone perform the moves better than someone who can actually time the keyboard and mouse combos without scripting?

ask anyone who's ever tried to rocket-jump in q2 or q3a.

besides, complex configs are part of the point when they're used properly.

bind h "echo if you dont like scripts; echo dont play quake-engine games; kick whiners"

[ presses h key... ]

Are there any sites that acutally list the key combinations for these moves?

no but some sites actually explain you how you can do these moves like :

press crouch forward and fire

to do the blue lunge

this can be easily translated into q3 scripting by :

+movedown +forward +attack wait -movedown -forward -attack

this is an example and you can easily adapt to all the jk2 special moves ......

Doesn't everyone just love how ppl seem to go out of their way to be offended?

Did I say anything about scripts sucking? Did I whine about, "I can't beat script users, so everything sucks"?

Nope. I said;

I think everyone (that matters anyway) will agree that "skriptkiddyz" SUCK! What kind of red-neck/pimple-faced/knuckle-dragging geek thinks that using script (that some one else wrote!) equals skill. I mean come on!

By suck, I refer to that lack of skill/talent that is the very essance of anyone who NEEDS to use scripts! That's it. That's all I'm saying.

BTW, Very cool script for swaping force keys. Now that's a worthy script! Just don't write/release an auto-kick please!! (yes, I know you could do it, just don't, ok?)

Archived