Home

skriptkiddyz SUCK

Darth Webster

The kind of scripts he is referring to, Mr. "I'm so witty" Snake, are the kind that execute a given move like the medium finisher (which I find oddly difficult to do reliably), without requiring the actual skill necessary in performing this move. In this case, all it requires is the ability to push ONE button while facing your opponent. Repeatedly. Sure it's easy to avoid and counter if they spam the move, but what if they develop a firing neuron? (something I might advise you to do) What if they only activate it at points you least expect it? Is this skill? Or simply knowing when to push a single button? Similar is the kick script, or the saber lock script, both allowing the user to perform a particular task much faster than is humanly possible, both taking the place of skill.

It is scripts replacing skills and reflexes that he is complaining about, not the presence of scripts themselves.

Please for once read the damned posts before you put your foot in your mouth. It would make you appear smarter.

I've been accused of being a scripter simply because I kick a lot. I find it most complimenting though. I personally reach for the good old space bar twice to kick someone, wouldn't have it any other way. Personally, despite having played this game from day 1, I still couldn't tell if someone was using a script to this day, with the exception of someone changing skins a lot or sabers a lot during the fight. I don't know how any of you could possibly identify anyone using a script. There are times when I've been outkicked amazingly well, but I just assume the other person is probably using one of those rapid fire joysticks.

Bah...Snake you are the blindest one in this thread. Perhaps you should get your head out of your peverbial behind and follow what the subject was actually about. Don't bother responding to that because I can still see your foot in your mouth...

Right on web I'm totally with ya on the anti script thing. Some scripts have uses but the majority of them all when used in combat are for those who have no skill and must hide behind code to make themselves feel better in some way. Hell, there's always psycho-therapy as another option and perhaps they should put up a couple "god" mode servers for these pathetic weaklings so that they can get their daily affirmation or whatever it is they need...

Down with skript-kiddies!!!

Vio

With something like a saber lock it's easy - you know how saber lock usually go, even if they beat you convincingly, it takes a few seconds because you offer at least some resistance.

But when they win in mere moments, appearing to simply lean forward as if in nothing more than a slight breeze, THAT'S when you have a scriptkiddie. You know instinctively when something is out of kilter in cases like that, simply because you know the game well.

As for the kick script, that would be hard to tell, but when your ping is very low and theirs is very high...those would be the sort of cirsumstances you expect to win a "kick race".

Originally posted by Tchouky

I ve got that in stock :

autoexec.cfg

set light_side "echo ^4LIGHT SIDE ;bind v force_heal;bind c force_absorb;bind x force_protect;bind capslock force_healother"

set dark_side  "echo ^1DARK SIDE ;bind v +force_drain;bind c +force_grip;bind x +force_lightning;bind capslock force_rage"

set force_cycle1 "vstr light_side;set force_cycle vstr force_cycle2"
set force_cycle2 "vstr dark_side ;set force_cycle vstr force_cycle1"
set force_cycle vstr force_cycle1

jk2mp.cfg

bind F3 vstr force_cycle

if you are not too dumb you should figure out how to edit it and changes to your preferencies ....

For the autoexec.cfg, is that all you need in that file? Say, I copy that and past it into a notepad file and name it autoexec.cfg, and place it in the Base folder, then bind a key for it and it will work?

Ya, Im stupid, so lets bypass that fact and answer the question :)

For the autoexec.cfg, is that all you need in that file? Say, I copy that and past it into a notepad file and name it autoexec.cfg, and place it in the Base folder, then bind a key for it and it will work?

Ya, Im stupid, so lets bypass that fact and answer the question

exactly but you might have to change the keys ....

in this script, v = heal/drain

c = absorb/grip

x = protect/lightning

capslock = heal_other/rage

if you want for instance replace v by F do the folowing

replace the two lines :

set light_side "echo ^4LIGHT SIDE ;bind v force_heal;bind c force_absorb;bind x force_protect;bind capslock force_healother"

set dark_side  "echo ^1DARK SIDE ;bind v +force_drain;bind c +force_grip;bind x +force_lightning;bind capslock force_rage"

by

set light_side "echo ^4LIGHT SIDE ;[b]bind F force_heal[/b];bind c force_absorb;bind x force_protect;bind capslock force_healother"

set dark_side  "echo ^1DARK SIDE ;[b]bind F +force_drain [/b];bind c +force_grip;bind x +force_lightning;bind capslock force_rage"

no you can t cheat to change you side on the fly ..... you can change your binds and the configuration of the force powers but the effects won t show up until you respawn.....

and byt he way you can add something to the script :

open jk2mp.cfg and check the force powers settings

seta forcepowers "6-1-330100000030000333"

this is the list of all your forcepowers .....

so configure it for light side,quit the game

and add in

set light_side "seta forcepowers 6-1-330100000030000333;......."

and do the same thing for dark side.

so you don t have to configure you forcpowers eachtime you change side with the menu.

the only problem is if the force mastery level changes you'll have to change your configs ....

Originally posted by Ferox

in every game i have ever played that used scripts it ruined the game.. prime example of that is tribes and tribes 2.

i was a sniper in that game. never used any scripts.. i could tell when the other sniper had auto targeting aiming and all those types of scripts.

There were never auto aim scripts in T1 or T2...you were just getting owned by better snipers.

Thick, thick, thick!!

Yes, there were Auto-aims in BOTH T1 and T2... Dynamix even went so far as to make a general post about how they were fixing the problem.

I really wish folks would atleast sniff something close to the facts before they shoot off at the mouth. I you can say something intellegent... SHUT UP!!!

Could this possibly be a script:

I was playing a duel last night and everytime I got close to this one guy he would seemingly turn around and do a backsweep and kill me instantly...

Is this skill or a script?

He beat everyone this way and it didn't even look like he was turning around to start the move.

Very skillful assfighter as he didn't run backwards...

I'd come at him jump kick him in the face, he'd fall down...jump up and automatically 180-backsweep...instant death for me...I never survived it when he did it...almost beat him once...

I've heard of it been done and have witnessed it(damn it's fast)

but i do'nt know if he was jsut turning and doing bacskatb straigh away.

Hard to paly soemone who can do a 180 degrees spin fast than u can't press the next button.

Its amusing how you guys whine about "script kiddies" yet profess to know nothing about the capabilities of scripting.

So I'll take a moment or two to enlighten a few of you less illiterate whiners:

Scripts are configuration files in your base directory (the ones with a .cfg extension) that contain aliases in them. These aliases are in actuality chains of commands, in general, the commands that you would use for finishers would be attack, jump, left/right (in order to turn), and turning speed. In order to time the moves correctly, you need to use wait commands, otherwise everything you had listed in your alias goes off at once. The problem is that these wait commands do not simply pause the script, they pause every single input you put in. That means if you had a script that DFAed for you, you would be stuck moving in the direction you were moving when you activated the script since the wait commands would prevent you from inputting new directions. Thus, the best written scripts for timed commands are generally inferior to similar actions done by even a mediocre player. If you are getting "owned" by these scripts then its either because you are sub-mediocre, or because the other player is, in fact, not actually using scripts.

Thus, all the "difficult moves" (are there any in JK2?) generally can't be effectively scripted. Combos require timing, a non-suicidal DFA requires timing and maneuvering, etc. These you can't do effectively with scripts due to the necessity of wait commands.

This thread is just another example of the "I think that I am an experienced player and everyone that beats me is either a) a loser who plays all day, b) a cheater, or c) has an unfair computer/latency/other advantage" mentality.

fgStratus, thank you for clearing that up.

I wasn't honestly sure because he had a Hells Elite Legion Tag on him and other HEL clan members in other games are VERY good...

a)I am that loser that plays all day

b)I think it is harder to cheat than not to

c)I play on servers where my ping is <30

So the guy in question must have been very good.

Thank you.

Guest HertogJan

I use a key for the light style lunge... Now I can do the move in air... I'm a cheater ain't I? :rolleyes:

HertogJan... Um, yeah. I think that about qualifies...

fgStratus... I know Exactly what a script is. If you actualy read the forum, you would see that I have actually worked on scripts profeshionally.

You'r being short sighted at far as implementing scripts goes. About the most anoying one I've encountered so far is the 720 back stab. It allows a kiddy to preform a backstab then spin twice (or more, it's hard to tell) so fast that at first I thought it was a bug... until the anoying foul-mouthed brat that was doing it started spamming it all over the place. I did some checking... yep. Script.

What I don't understand is why people would try to defend S kiddies?? Beyond the fact that they (can) unbalance game play, they tend to spam off at the mouth, break local sever rules, and generaly make playing the game less enjoyable for everyone else.

Anyone who would defend these dweebs a) Is a kiddy himself b) Thinks that it's his personal duty to jump on anyone who says anything c) has way too much time on his hands.

Ofcource my original stament stands... refer to the first line I wrote in this thread.

Hell's Elite Legion players are not that good. I was accepted into their clan, played for a bit..got bored due to their inactivity and their lack of saber skills, and went to clan SofD...

Hell's Elite Legion players are skiled in CTF, not saber fighting..so if you say they're ALL good...you gotta touch up on a few things...

Archived