Home

WIP: Mon Calamari Model

moooa

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BradFu and TrevHimself, the skins you've made for an awesome model are breathtaking. great work!

brad, i'm glad you're making a jedi mon cal ... i'm currently working on my dark jedi/sith mon cal. the blue on blue is great! trev, is your skin a sith also? looks like it with all the black clothing and stuff. i dig the fact that your skin doesn't have the spots ... tres nice. variety is the spice of life, you know?

moooa sent me all the files i need to create a skin, but i've been on vacation so now i'm getting into my creation. i have a problem that's really IRRITATING, however, and i'm wondering if somebody can help me. when i use ModView to open the .glm file, i get an error that says "Filesystem call made without initialization." wtf does that mean?! i can't get around it, and i'm about to pull my hair out. i'm sure it's been discussed elsewhere on the forums, but i can't find it. any help would be appreciated.

moooa, since you've made changes to the model and mesh, do you think i'd need to work on the revised one instead of the one i have? if so, can you send it here? thanks! also, are you planning on releasing the model (with skins) as a pack at one time, like the aayla secura model? if so, when would you want the skin i'm working on by (that is, of course, if it meets your standards ... ;) )?

if i can get the ModView thing worked out, you'll be posted on my progress very soon.

Trev, don't worry I love making up name for things. I took a class in advertising at college.

The Darkside has no boundaries, it exists in every plane of existance, on every planet, in every thing. To grant such darkness life, a Sith Lord has emerged from the murky depths of Mon Calamari. His name: DARTH BRINE!!

Adillon

On the new model I will change some texture : torso, torso_body, hips and hand. And bradfu suggest me to do a jedi version of my model (with more stuff at the level of the belt and hips). i don't know if I have time to do it, but i will try

however i think u can begin your work with the model u have and just adapt it to the new

For the error u have I have the same

Just put the model in the right directory ("gamepath"\gamedata\base\models\players\modelname")

and it will work fine

For the skin, I think we better much release a skinpack but for the date we will see when u have the model

moooa

Here's the latest update of Oddev, your friendly neighborhood Mon Cal Jedi Knight

http://windu.cjb.net/calaron/oddev7.jpg

I've been working on adding details, though I'm fighting myself to not work too hard on it in case the updates Mooaaa is working on aren't properly compatible with what I've done so far :)

Here's Oddev's lightsaber:

http://windu.cjb.net/calaron/oddevsaber.jpg

I was going for an organic mixed with technology look. I wanted some nice curves, like the Mon Cal Cruisers :)

Great Job Bradfu!

I like the look of the saber too, definitely the Mon Cal feel.

Keep up the excellent work Mooa, it is much appreciated!

Everyone doing the different skins has shown some nice looking work. Multi-Skin Packs are a great thing.

Thanks!!

-nomad

MTFBWY

Originally posted by moooa

For the error u have I have the same

Just put the model in the right directory ("gamepath"\gamedata\base\models\players\modelname")

and it will work fine

ok, i tried that, but it's giving me a new error ...

"R_LoadMDXM: missing animation file models/player/_humanoid/_humanoid for mesh model.glm

HELP ME!

adillion you need to extract that humanoid thinkg from the assets0.pk3 file. look at the readme thta came with the editing tools (modview came with the editing tools), it says some stuff in there about extracting a couple things to get modview working.

Originally posted by TrevHimself

adillion you need to extract that humanoid thinkg from the assets0.pk3 file. look at the readme thta came with the editing tools (modview came with the editing tools), it says some stuff in there about extracting a couple things to get modview working.

thanks trev. like i said, i had just gotten back from vacation, but i don't think my brain had. i appreciate the help.

-EDIT-

trev, i extracted all the files i was supposed to, and VOILA, it worked. the problem was that i HAD done that before, but due to some unfortunate computer issues i had a little while ago, i had to uninstall/reinstall various software, and all the jk2 editing stuff went with it. maybe if i would've read all the docs AGAIN, i would've figured it out.

thanks for pointing out the obvious to a poor schmoe like me, trev. :o

Archived