Home

WIP: Mon Calamari Model

moooa

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I want you to do another model too! :D Good stuff so far, can't wait to see what you do next :)

So here's a question: is anyone else skinning on the Mon Cal Jedi model? In beginning my skinning today, I did a little reorganizing of some of the mappings (Moved them around so I could fit several mappings into one image file), and I had to move a couple verts that were poking through the tabards from the sides of the torso. If I'm the only one skinning on that model right now, I can send the slightly adjusted version back to you, moooa. If there are others using it, perhaps we can get the changes out soon so they don't have to redo much. I didn't change the shape of any of the mappings, so it should be a simple matter of moving anything they've skinned to it's new location. The changes I've made are very minor, and don't really change the model (a couple verts pushed so they aren't sticking out of the torso, looks pretty much the same). I can probably get my skinning done today, and I'll post some shots later.

Bradfu

For the moment u're the only to skin the jedi. I'm just waiting that u finish the mapping to do the lod and to weigth the points

only after i will send the model to the people who want this one

Trowa actually i will finish dengar (have finished the mesh of the first lod; i will post pics soon)

Other question I will post soon some pics of ctf skin of ackbar (they don't look good) if anyone can help me for this and for the shaders

Why do u want to re-create your skin

Bradfu is only working on the jedi mesh not on the mesh u have

The calamari with boot (that sounds great :p )and ackbar are final. Nothing will change on this model now

So you are not frustrated and can return to work :D

(damn i will make a good boss)

Thanks for the character description in the sceenshot, I had no idea who she was. As for the skin itself, I think it is a little too bright at the moment. It may just be the lighting but it looks very washed out. Id suggest adding some shadow, making everything a bit darker. The head looks very shiney as though it is wet, if that was your intention it looks good. Keep it up

The model looks very nice mariners :)

But like kit fisto said i think that the head has too much reflection (maybe u can use it in shaders) put more contrast in the head with shadows and less reflexion. But the models looks good

Kit for the moment i still have to work on the sound and shaders, and if we can i would like to release the model with the skinpack

Another question (only for the skinners who are using the ackbar model) I have 2 friends who tells me to change the uvmap of the legs (make it like kyle legs) because it's good for my ackbar version but for example for you're model marieners it will not be good. Tell me if it obstruct u this uvmap or not

by the way, moooa. i'm trying to give Ibtisam a belt without the shirt going below it but there is a thin line of transparency on the model when I do this. do you know if there is any way you could fix this? if not, i can figure out a different way.

as for the legs, i don't care. it's your model.

thanks everyone for the feedback, i'll try to fix the head.

http://www.geocities.com/robinhawk/ibtisam3.txt

K, guys - here's the new progress. Fixed the skin tone and applied the new pants to it.

Moooa, do you know how I can surf off the belt in-game. I tried to do it but it didn't work. It worked before you gave me the new model.

On a side note, how do you guys like my avatar? :D (yeah, it's pretty stupid, but oh well :p )

Here's the link for dengar face

http://www.geocities.com/mooooa2002/head.txt

Mariners the skin looks cool, but I think the head glows too much (use it at a shader), add more contrast "in the dark". The blue of the skin is good but look at your ref pics , the wrist and the hand have more "dark line". The skin need more contrast but not glow, put some shadows

Archived