Home

WIP: Mon Calamari Model

moooa

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kranckor u want the jedi version I think and I'm waiting for bradfu to finishing it

Sorry for the time

But if u want the others version y're welcome :)

And for dengar i will see what i can do, but for the face does somebody can be more specific because "the face doesn't looks like dengar" when i put slimmer somebody tells me to put rounder and inversement

• 2 weeks later...

I have send the model to many people but there's not many skins

so I have change some things to ackbar (the collar and the wrist looks better)

The people who want to skin this model let your mail and what u want to do

mariners i have send u the model byt mail

For the over who are waiting for the jedi version i'm still waiting for bradfu

Another question when i try to use shader2ed it's close just after i have start it. i'm under winxp. Does anybody can help me

Originally posted by moooa

Another question when i try to use shader2ed it's close just after i have start it. i'm under winxp. Does anybody can help me

moooa,

according to kman you should be able to use q3ase (Quake 3 Arena Shader Editor) to create/edit shaders for jkII because it's based upon the quake 3 engine. click here to get it. and click here to get a tutorial for q3ase.

also, check out the thread on dash rendar ... kman is using q3ase to create a shader for the armor. maybe he'll be able to give you some pointers.

good luck!

Thanks adillon

I'm using q3ase for the moment but i can't preview my model

I try to put a zone transparent for one texture, when i preview the texture in q3ase it works but in game it doesn't work

I'll see if kman can help me

Another question

Do u still want to do a skin for the mon calamari adillon ?

Originally posted by moooa

Do u still want to do a skin for the mon calamari adillon ?

i would love too, moooa.

can you send me the updated model (the ackbar one)? i SHOULD be able to work on it soon ... hopefully before you plan on releasing it. can you please send it to this address? the skin is gonna be an updated version of the one i started ... this one ... just so you know.

thanks, moooa. i'll keep you posted on my progress. :D

Oops :) I didn't realize I was holding up the Jedi Mon Cal for others, sorry :( I'll try to get that finished up today, at least the UVs I'm adjusting, so others can get started on their skins. Moooa, when I send it back to you, you'll probably want to generate some new wireframe flats for people to skin on, as I don't know how to do very good ones (I just Print Screen and paste from the UV Editor).

I made some attempts at more of the UVs for the Bothan a while back, but it didn't go all that well. I might try again at some point. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around turning a 3D surface into a 2D wireframe, it really requires a shift in thinking, but I'm making progress. Slow, but progress. For now, he's just sitting on my hard drive partially unwrapped and skinned.

Luckily for the Mon Cal, the areas I'm adjusting the UVs on aren't terribly complex, mostly flat-ish peices.

For the uvmap take exemple on the default model of the game

get milshape and the latest glm importer (it import the uvmap)

and after with texporter export the wireframe texture to see how raven do their uvmap. It will help me a lot and i don't know if i give u the url of a tutorial on uvmapping, if not i will send u when i return to home

For the release id on't really know when but ackbar is almost done just waiting for the sound, for the jedi version maybe quickly but after i will wait for the skinners

Count_D00ku i don't know if I really well understand your question but iw ill try to answer u

so like i said before the model is complete, the skin is complete the shaders is complete just the sounds are not complete

and it's in wip since a long long long time .... becuase i have always improved the mesh, the skin make antoher mesh etc etc ...

But i think i near the end :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is a make a pack of mon calamari

ackbar is finished (just work on sound) and i'm making different mesh like a jedi (eerin bant : pupil of kit fisto thanks to bobbafett101 for the info) cilgahl ( female jedi) and other

when i finished the jedi version i' ll just look for skinner

Archived