Home

Klorel's Mace Windu in progress

Klorel

here is a preview of my mace windu [textures not yet added]:macewindupreview.txt

*geocities is wierd about linking to forums so it doesnt work the first time, just delete the http:// and try the link again and it should work.

i have exported it as a .md3, but cannot export it through md3view as a .glm. has anyone done this before? did the textures from the origional skin file still work? also i dont want to lose the origional animations, i am only modifying the model, i dont have the software or patience to animate one :p

any help is appreciated

:explode:

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yes! I desperately need a Mace Windu model for my Single Player level.. please please please include the facial bones so I can use him for cutscenes?

Also, feedback regarding the model.. very good, as Brad said.. the tabard goes a bit further down.. can't wait to see it textured...

thanks for all your support :) i'll pull the tabard down like you suggested, i actually was getting to that when i realized i had no way to save the file without loosing the animations :( -- cheek bones are going in too. if anyone knows how to save or export as a .glm it would be most helpful. or atleast export without loosing any animations. I had previously skinned the origional model but decided that it would be best to modify the model itself if i'm going to make a really good Mace.

thanks, i hope it works out too :p , here is a new more updated pic: macewindupreview2.txt , it wont work as before, you guys know what to do...

i made the cheek bones more prominent and did some work on the tabards. tell me what you think, and if anyone out there knows how to solve my problem please help!

Ahh cool... big improvement, definately taking shape more now.. I think he needs to be a little bit better built though...

[edit: Actually, instead could you make his tabard and sleeves baggier? Also is there any chance of having the tabard detail across the chest meshed instead of textured? Check out some pics below....]

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Images/Episode_2/Characters/Mace_Windu

i'll work more on the tabards and making his suit "poof" out more, thanks for all the reference pics, they should help out a LOT, for textures as well. I think that i lost the animations for the model by importing it into milkshade. i was origionally just going to modify the model, but since i dont have animations to worry about i might as well just go all out and add little things like a tabard mesh. anyone who knows about animating would be a great help because i dont think i have the software or knowledge to do it at this time.

heres a new update. still not complete, working on a few things, any other comments would be cool. hopefully the animation work. i tried to export it as a .glm with modview but it didnt use my model or skin... :( it was just kyle. anyone know anything about this?

macewindupreview3.txt

Lookin good! The "shirt" is about the right length now :) I would model the tabards in as well, so they can stick down a few inches farther (The tabards are the wide strips of cloth that the Jedi wear over their shoulders).

This one listed by Odisse is the perfect reference shot for you: http://www.vengeance-unlimited.org/Jedi%20Outcast/Episode%20II/Mace%20Windu.jpg

Keep up the good work!

BradFu!

heres mace with tabards meshed:

macewindupreview5.txt

now all I have to do is figure out how i'm going to get the model from Milkshape to JO, and how I am supposed to texture it, i've textured models before, but that was just by modifying old textures and I assume that the files will have to be different for the actual model once it is changed. any help is appreciated

:mace:

Cool! Tabards look about right. Agreed on the sleeves, they're looking good now, but if you make them slightly baggier at the shoulders, then taper to about twice as baggy at the wrist openings, it'll be perfect. Can't wait till you're done with this, looks like it's going to be a good model :) Can't wait to see it skinned! :D

BradFu!

Originally posted by winner_rex

hey Klorel,

JW, how did you make the face? I couldn't make one in MS3d (it looks like thats what youre using) to save my life!

This model is a modification of the Galak model. but if your trying to do the face by scratch i recomend you use a geoshpere, delete the faces you dont need, and use the divide edge under the vertex tool to make more polys near the eyes and for the nose and such. then just drag each poly individually, should work fine.

no prob.

here is a new updated pic with baggier arms, i also made him a *little* bulkier, but not too much cause i think that it looks pretty "mace-esque" as it is. anything else? does anyone want me to attach a box or two onto his utility belt? or will that be fine as a skin on the belt? i plan to texture it myself, but i am wondering if anyone knows how to create the origional mesh .tga's to do the modeling on from the model? here's the newest updated pic:

macewindupreview5.txt

:mace:

Archived