Home

Klorel's Mace Windu in progress

Klorel

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 or 2 people are working on a saber hilt for mace. but i have yet to see his gold plated hilt being made. maybe someone should give that a try. but i'm not going to include extra files with my mace, cause if people want a mace hilt, they'll find on and download it. i dont want my model to not be downloaded cause it forces extra addons that people dont want. but i'm sure there is a mace saber out there. uvws are being finished up and will start texturing soon.

Not anymore :evil3:

ok... this pic is really early - so dont expect too much. I still have a lot of work on the forehead (when I mirrored it the highlights look strange, so i'm gonna redo them) and other facial and head touchups:

macewindupreview13.txt

hope you guys like what i've got so far. If anything looks weird shadow wise its because i'm rendering it in max, my preview pics will look a lot better when i get into modview and in-game.

Ok, heres another update. I have no idea why theres greenish skin near the nose and why max is making wierd shadows and highlights in certain places, trust me, whe i get it to modview, it will look 1000 times better, but i moved the eyes down a smidgen and what have you. still needs work, any constructive criticism is welcome. :D

macewindupreview14.txt

Excellent likeness!! If I may make a few observations and suggestions:

The eyes are a tad too big and round. If you could add some more flesh or bags, for lack of a better term, under the eyes it may look better.

Take a look at this pic and you should see what I'm talking about.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/macewindu/index_movie.html

well in your pic he's squinting -- look at the mace on the left of that page, he has large, alert, ready to rough somebody up, dont f**k with a jedi look to him. thats the look i was going for when i modelled him. :cool:

hey, that skin is amazing, are you placing the photo on the model or is it by hand? if its by hand, you're a very good skinner man... i dont like the eyes though, they look all black, i dotn know what color samuel l jackson's eye´s are though. very good job...

Very nice..i like it klorel

ill give ya a little bit of tidbit advice though

his eybrows seem to me the problem. the kinda swoop from the center and curve over instead of out...they also fade a bit

he also has fint wrinkles and a very slight bulge from his forhead, just above the eyebrows..his eyebrows are a little darker as so are his lips apart form that he's perfect

Originally posted by Klorel

well in your pic he's squinting -- look at the mace on the left of that page, he has large, alert, ready to rough somebody up, dont f**k with a jedi look to him. thats the look i was going for when i modelled him. :cool:

I think that the size isn't the problem. It just kinda looks like someone is pulling his lower eyelids down to uncover part of his eye, ya dig? Anyway, very good likeness overall. :D

Archived