Home

Klorel's Mace Windu in progress

Klorel

Originally posted by TEX360

hey, that skin is amazing, are you placing the photo on the model or is it by hand? if its by hand, you're a very good skinner man... i dont like the eyes though, they look all black, i dotn know what color samuel l jackson's eye´s are though. very good job...

Most definitely from scratch, a photo wouldnt look THIS good, photos are always a bad idea for these kind of models, unless of course you photograph the actor (scan his face) but, we all know you couldnt do that ;P . Anyways, great job klorel, looks like he needs a heavier eyebrow, maybe adjust the model? (not eyebrow hair, like.. facial structure) Heh then again, its probally 3dsmax, we should wait for the modview images to judge..

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the reason you are getting green bits is because you have photo sourced it (this may have already been mentioned) I think that photosourcing can work but what you really need to do is greyscale the bugger and then recolour from the beginning. looking nice indeed tho, I must say I couldn't do better myself.

Arco:atat:

no, the green is from Max, i re-did the coloring, and the eyebrows and made the eyes browner. but yey max still renders that area greenish, you'll see it better in modview, but for now, ignore the greenish blue area (just pretend his nose is broken. lol)

UPDATE:

macewindupreview15.txt

I really like it... but theres somthing about it that doesnt hit me and say " THIS PARTYS OVER"

i mean i love him n all.. the nose and cheeks are perfecet. maybe its the yes casue he looks like 10 years younger than he does...or maybe a little sharpe around the cheek area...i dunno.. and the black bbit around the lining of the eyes needs to go i think

Its almost perfect though.. just a little bit more touch upo.. and give the guy a pupil if it looks good :D

oh ok dude. Anyhew the eyes do look al ittle scary, jus shade em up a bit round the bottom to make em look more round and less WHITE. maybe add some red in on the edge of the whites as well. Looking nice indeed!

Arco

Originally posted by Klorel

no, the green is from Max, i re-did the coloring, and the eyebrows and made the eyes browner. but yey max still renders that area greenish, you'll see it better in modview, but for now, ignore the greenish blue area (just pretend his nose is broken. lol)

UPDATE:

macewindupreview15.txt

hey the skin is great - don't listen to the hole pickers who can't even finger paint!

The picture that och posted is similair to what I mean. In the original, there is a little too much white under and on the sides of his eyes. The skin itself looks very good. The only other thing to me is the head shape. It's a little too big and his chin is less round. Just some constructive criticism. I think all in all its a very good effort though.

P.S.

I did not post this while you were making the model because I just got an account on these forums yesterday.

Well i can make the chin less round by altering the skin, but as for the eyes, sorry, but i'm done modelling. The only way to make the eyes smaller would be to texture on the eye itself. besides, i personally think it looks like his eyes, if you look at pictures of samuel L. Jackson with eyes wide open, you'll see that he has rather large eyes, most of you i think have looked at the picture ref. above where he's squinting. thanks for your input though. and also, i think the reason you guys think his head is too big is cause max does wierd things to the image when you render up close. the model is fine, trust me.

The Rel)ee(V)eR -- "All you need work on is the eyes, make it less white and a more natural color and you're fine"

you mean the white as in outside of the eyes? if so, i have taken the whitish-brown color directly from a photo of mace and surounded the pupil with it, pure white just looks stupid. you can see this in preview pic 15.

Also, did everyone want me to get rid of the lower right highlight on the pupil? or just fade it so its not as bright?

I really do appreciate all the constructive criticism. Thats the only way one can learn. thanks for everyones support. :)

Its the model that would be changed. I tweeked the eyelids, so heres a pic of the progress i've made:

macewindupreview16.txt

anyone object?

-and dont bother saying the head is too big, it isnt. yours is. lol. j/k. but seriously, 3d max has a happy way of distorting the head, plus i'm up close to it, and rotated a bit, so it just looks bigger cause its closer- thats what i'm focusing on right now is the head, the body will come soon, then you can tell me the heads too small. :D

Archived