Home

Klorel's Mace Windu in progress

Klorel

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by nucular_jedi_14

don't bitch about it altimira!!!

riiiiiight. I'm not bitching at all, they were just movie quotes. i think this is the best model out there, and keo - I see nothing wrong with the back of the head, its fine (could use some highlights though). great work Klorel.

"the files, in the computer, ahhhhh" -Hansel

I cant really say when its going to be done, cause i'm still waiting on some revised meshes for the body, but when I get those, i'll start on the body and post some previews.

and neo, this is my email. I cant say i'm going to change it though- i personally think its fine, but your free to present your thoughts on it.

anyways, anybody have any luck getting the "i dont think so" wav from ep II?

And as for the icon, i had origionally created photo icons of SLJ (mace), but now think i'll just use my model and the default backgrounds that the game has so it fits in with the whole game theme. have a nice day :)

Originally posted by Klorel

And as for the icon, i had origionally created photo icons of SLJ (mace), but now think i'll just use my model and the default backgrounds that the game has so it fits in with the whole game theme. have a nice day :)

Good idea. :)

Klorel, this is some amazing work! Great job on the model, and great job on the skin so far. I personally would say don't change a thing on the face, it's looking great. I did want to comment on the back of the head. I think it looks really good, but one thing I would suggest is increasing the highlights in the back so it matches the look of the front a little more. The front should definitely be brighter and have more distinct hightlights just like it is now, but the back could use a touch more. Here's one thought... How about a shader for the back and top of his head that is every so slightly reflective, so based on the lighting of the level, his head can look shinier? I don't know jack about shaders, but I'm fairly certain that's possible. On the other hand, though, it would increase the file size of the final pk3 considerably I beleive (unless you don't need a .tga to achieve the shiny look?).

I'll see if I can snag a high quality "I don't think so".

Can't wait to see this guy finished!!!

thanks bradfu, i really appreciate it. I actually have been thinking about a shader for his head, that would be really cool, but i dont know how to make them. theres always tutorials, so the question then is this - do you guys think the model would be better if his head had a shader on it? or would you just not download the file due to the larger filesize for this reason?

Hey Klorel I sent you a PM.

Model is lookin good. Both Mace AND Zoolander.

Sorry, I can't help quoting....

"People always ask me 'Are you a model?' or 'You look like a model' or 'You should be someone who...models.' And I just have to laugh, cus I'm so good LOOKING. Of course, I'm a model!"

If you don't have the DVD (or the Deevehduh, as Zoolander would say) then you won't know what the hell I'm talking about. :D

Altimira

"and keo - I see nothing wrong with the back of the head, its fine"

No one said there was anything wrong with the back of the head. My comment was concerning the side(angled) profile of the model. Look at his last preview post, it is the middle picture I'm referring to. Now honestly tell me whether or not that looks like Samuel L. Jacksons head.

Keo718, stop being such a whiner, Im not trying to be mean or anything. To me, it looked like you where commenting that the back of the head was to rounded (you can do that all you want, i have my opinion too). Yes, i can tell you honestly that the back of the head looks like the back of SLJ's head.

Also, no model can be perfect (except Zoolander of course, lol). You will hardly see a detailed angle shot in the game, just the back and sometimes the front.

- "To me, it looked like you where commenting that the back of the head was to rounded"

Know the facts before you speak.

- "Yes, i can tell you honestly that the back of the head looks like the back of SLJ's head."

Why is that relevant? I'm not going to repeat myself.

- "Keo718, stop being such a whiner"

Don't call me a whiner. I'm a grown man. I thought the reason for these forums is to give feedback.

Im not tryin to cause drama or be offensive, but theres just no need for all that.

This is where im coming from...

"Altimira

'and keo - I see nothing wrong with the back of the head, its fine'

No one said there was anything wrong with the back of the head. My comment was concerning the side(angled) profile of the model. Look at his last preview post, it is the middle picture I'm referring to. Now honestly tell me whether or not that looks like Samuel L. Jacksons head. "

look at the bolded stuff.

for the first bolded part, YOU said the head was wrong.

and for the second, you did ask me if that looked like SLJ's head.

ok after this im just going to ignore you...this is not gonna be another flame thread.

:ewok: - "ok ok ok, lets not turn this thread into a battleground. we are all entitled to our own opinions. yub"

obey my ewok!!!

I tweeked the back of the head a little, keo you probably still wont like it but I didnt want to have to re-uvw it, so its the best i can do. I also rotated the sleeves back so they are hang correctly in-game, thanks to the palpatine thread for bringing this issue to my attention.

"yub. I haven't done anymore on the skin, so i'm not going to post a new preview pic, but just for further notice, since i'm not the one who has to uvw and weigh the bones there will be no more model changes (I think the model is close to perfect now- we're beyond that step), so please just address skin issues from here on out. yub" - :ewok:

Altimira;

The actual back view of his head is very good. However concerning the angled shot, His head is too curved. If you could decrease the curve and push the back in a litle bit, youd have it. Great work though, its really coming along!

Posted by me on 06-28-2002 03:49 AM

In response to Klorel's update post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Altimira

"and keo - I see nothing wrong with the back of the head, its fine"

No one said there was anything wrong with the back of the head. My comment was concerning the side(angled) profile of the model. Look at his last preview post, it is the middle picture I'm referring to. Now honestly tell me whether or not that looks like Samuel L. Jacksons head.

Posted on 06-29-2002 03:37 AM in response to your post

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at the bold.

I don't see how thats confusing.

Klorel,

don't get me wrong I don't dislike your model, I was just giving my input. Your doing a good job.

Nope, not yet. I'm still waiting for the new uvw's to be emailed to me, then I can start skinning the body, but until then I guess you'll have to wait, as will I. But i'd rather them take thier time and do a good job than rush it to put out a model thats not the best it can be.

-Klorel

Archived