Home

WIP: Count Dooku model (with cape ;) )

Luuke

you're the man, toonces!!! great to hear.

i finished the team-color-skins yesterday. nothing special about it, just a red/blue cape and belt. i didn't want to change too much, so he still would look dark and evil because of his black clothes.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Toonces. Good to hear.

@LOUman

I think the face looks a lot like Dooku, it is a skinned face, no photorealistic. If you think that it's strange and something should be changed you at least have to describe what you dislike.

But I suggest you'll wait until you see it really ingame, Dooku looks quite cool when you play him.

• 2 months later...

Ok, Luuke worked some time on a new Count Dooku model, with a new head/face and a cape.

The model now is nearly complete, look @

dookumodel1.jpg

I still have my skin for the model, and since the body has not changed much I'd like to keep them.

Now both Luuke and me have not much experience with putting the textures on the model and align the skeleton, especially the movement of the cape.

So if anyone likes to help and knows what to do please get in contact with me.

terrence20@web.de

I hope you all have seen my skin, so you must know that it's worth the effort.

Thanx.

Ok, this question is to all those people who made models and know how it works.

Luuke edited the model with Milkshape. Now the problem is that you have to assign all the textures anew. Ok, that's not really a problem, but how do you export the model to .md3 format?

I need this format so I can convert it to glm, but I always get the error "Couldn't find control file "...\Dooku.qc""

This has something to do with Q3 models, but I never edited them, so I don't know what to do.

sithlord-II, Absath, Bloodriot, CheshireKat, Spacemonkey and all the others, how did you do that? and what program did you use?

Please help!

update: here's a picture of his textured face, not finished yet, but I think you can recognize him yet.

dookuFace.jpg

in milkshape, go to :

tools >> Quake III arena >> generate control file...

then you can export your md3.

also, love the cape, very nice. if you find out how to get your model back into JO you mind letting me know? i've finished a model as well but dont know how to get it back. also how do i skin it once i've modified the model? i like using photoshop to alter the images and viewing them with modview, hope that is still possible...

good work with the dooku, hope your including his classic "join me!..." taunt with the file, can't wait to play it. :D

I think the .qc file is a file that controls the skin... like it's path and stuff... I think there's an option in milkshape to export control file or something.

I'm a mapper, and I'm trying to remember this from a converstain on another board I read several months back, so it's probably not too much help...

Originally posted by Cmdr. Antilles

I think the .qc file is a file that controls the skin... like it's path and stuff... I think there's an option in milkshape to export control file or something.

Originally posted by Klorel

then you can export your md3

Yep, thx. You were right.

When I know how all this works from Milkshape to JO I think I am going to post a tutorial or something.

And the taunt will be the "classic" one. I think it's the best and a very typical one. (was there a character Dooku didn't ask to join him ;) )

Originally posted by King Jezuz Pie

[german]Ah noch ein Deutscher hier ;) Kennt man sich eventuell unter anderem Namen? :D[/german]

Great model, hope you won't get into trouble with the animations...

[german]Hab ja mehrere Namen, aber ich glaube nicht, dass wir uns kennen. Oder? neee :D

[/german]

I am experiencing some trouble with the animations. When I try to export to .glm I get the message that my model has 30 frames (don't know why) and only one frame is allowed. How to remove the 29 frames that are no frames at all?

Oh man, converting all this from one to another file makes me dizzy.

Originally posted by Klorel

in milkshape, go to :

then you can export your md3.

also, love the cape, very nice. if you find out how to get your model back into JO you mind letting me know? i've finished a model as well but dont know how to get it back. also how do i skin it once i've modified the model? i like using photoshop to alter the images and viewing them with modview, hope that is still possible...

good work with the dooku, hope your including his classic "join me!..." taunt with the file, can't wait to play it. :D

Actually, I think his "You disappoint me...surely you can do better" line is probably a much better taunt, IMHO.

Originally posted by King Jezuz Pie

Yeah converting this stuff is very hard some times. When I first tried replacing simple textures I even had some problems... ;)

Are you perhaps a former CS modeler/skinner?

:) No, I am no former CS modeler/skinner. The only thing I did were textures and models for NFS , F1RC and F1 2001. Lately I painted some textures for Q3, but no modeling human-like meshes.

:p But I was very good at playing CS :D

Originally posted by Pedantic

Actually, I think his "You disappoint me...surely you can do better" line is probably a much better taunt, IMHO.

That's a possible taunt, too. But the problem is you don't get audio samples of good quality of this. The trailers from starwars.com have accurate sound, but everything else you can find from SW2 is bad quality, so until someone proves me wrong and send me some high quality sound I think I will keep the "classic ;) " one.

Oh, btw, I am still getting error messages so someone with more experience is still welcome.

:ben: "you wanna sit down and help this guy!"

:trooper: " I want to sit down and help this guy."

I want to throw my vote in for the "You dissapoint me" taunt, the one Pedantic made sounds good :) The background noise is really just lightsaber humming, and that wouldn't be out of place for a taunt.

BradFu!

Archived