Home

Hl Mod!

dark spirit

i would be verys suprised if you did not get permissions because all they want is that you put in something like "registered trademark LEC copyright 1998' in the files. that is about all you have to do when you make mods or levels for Jedi Knight II (also by LEC if you didnt know)

:manny:

But anyway that would be cool if you do end up making one please post it here or some where on Lucas forums

Thanks

Now now, people, this could be pretty interesting...

There was a very promising Monkey Island mod for Half-Life called Plunder 3D, but it seems to have died off. You *might* be able to get some people from that project interested in your idea.

If you get a team together and really start moving forward with this, I'd be glad to host your team's website on the Grim Fandango Network (I run it now). I'm sorry I can't provide any modeling, mapping, or coding support, but I can help you out in the web department if you need it :).

On a side note, ZeroXcape, the GFN founder, is a Half-Life nut, so he'd be thrilled to see a project like this put into motion. I like the game myself, but I prefer Quake III's engine these days.

I've thought for a long time that it would be interesting to have a Rubacava map. The map itself wouldn't be too hard for someone who knows how to do maps, but the textures would be tough to do right (to do it justice, I mean). More ambitous would be an HL version of the demo...provided it could be modified to handle inventory and dialog trees and that there's anyone able to do it. I suppose (not really knowing anything about it) that inventory could be handled through the HUD in place of weapons (somehow). But would it even be possible to script dialog? I have no idea.

It would be cool with a real single player mod... Y'know with the story and all... Of cause not the whole GF, and maybe even a new story... I dunno, but the whole idea sounds good to me... Maybe if you where up to make a multiplayer mod, it maybe should be both in teams and deathmatch (if it is possible). Maybe you should consider making 2 teams: good vs. evil. La resistance vs. DOD... It'd be cool...! :cool:

Archived