Home

Sick of this BS [All Whiners Read]

Yoojin

I see a lot of people claiming every move has a counter. That is absolutely wrong. Play as a Merc on a Jedi vs. Merc server. Because Mercs have no force powers, there is NO COUNTER to the pull+backstab/backslash. You can delay the inevitable by jumping around repeatedly, dropping a sentry gun or forcefield, but you will be killed.

Playing as a Merc can be really fun (who doesn't want to put on a Boba Fett-like persona?), but as soon as a pull+backstab/backslash Jedi gets on the server, the funs over. In my experience, these Jedi will focus almost exclusively on the Mercs and repeatedly kill them with this cheap strategy. It makes me sick.

Originally posted by tempest8008

I think we have to keep in mind the mindset of the bulk of the players out there...

MOST of them are between the ages of 12 and 17, and that is NOT the most mature of age groups.

The other thing that makes me laugh sometimes are those same people who go on and on about their 'skillz'. Granted, this game takes some effort to learn the moves, but after a couple of hours of practice you can pretty much hold your own in a FFA.

Skills sometimes take a lifetime to perfect, and most people who are skilled at something (Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Ross Perot) are all willing to admit they have more to learn.

Think to yourself, is a video game aimed at pre-pubescent males REALLY going to require a superior set of skills to master?

I don't think so.

Now the fun part is with those who play this game for hours and hours on end, and really get the moves down, who are then killed repeatedly by people spamming the backstab. Then come the cries of, "That's Lame", "You cheap fag", "Is that all you can do?"

As a slightly older representative of the demographic playing this game (shock, gasp, I'm 29!!!) what I CAN say is that when a particular weapon/move is so easy to learn and perform, and it is unblockable, it will be used and used and used and used. By whom? Those who just want to win, who don't have the patience to try and kill their target another way, and by those who DON'T want to invest hundreds of hours mastering moves that can't beat the one simple one everyone knows.

This move is a problem with the GAME, not the people playing it. I hope it will be corrected in the next patch...assuming there is enough outcry about it.

To that end, here is the email address for Ravensoft:

www@ravensoft.com

Make your feelings known, maybe we can get this corrected.

LMAO

So true... but I'm not going to delve into depths of adolescent psychology...

The game for the most part has become idiotic.... which has inspired me to write:

"ThingAhMajig's Complete Idiots Guide to Cheap Sabering"

an Excerpt from it:

Are you tired of being Owned?

You know you are the GREATEST Jedi this side of the Galaxy...

But how do you convince the rest of the world?

If only other ppl would see how great you are...

But certain Genetic imperfections is hindering your Game...

Your Father is your Uncle...

You just suck...

You've read Artifex's guide to sabering, but who can be bothered with time and practice?

Fear not, I'll show you certain key elements that will elevate you to a status of a God, in no time at ALL!!!!

Learn to SPAM moves Ad Nauseum to maximize your frag count...

Artifex's guide to sabering

where do you find that?? My saber skills where ok in the old ver. of Jedi...I am now having problems landing some of the more simple moves. In the old version i could do the RED jump kill (I did not use it very offten), I have not been able to do that since the upgrade. I know you can do it...cause I have seen it done, but I can't seem to get it to swing right any more. So if the "Artifex's guide to sabering" realy does exist where is it??

It's pretty hard to master the timing... and you can get out of the way of it. You pretty much have to hit it DIRECTLY ON to get the MAX damage. Just roll out of the way, use force protect, push, whatever...

I find duels between 2 people who have mastered the backstab/sweep combo fun... I had a ten minute duel with one the other day... it's all about waiting for the perfect time to unleash it... managing your force power so you dont fall.

It's not as UBER as people think

This is what I have to say. I don't do backstab i like the back swing more. But Anyone can do thease they are not hard to learn. It is part of the game and If you can't hang with it then there are other servers.

Now back stabing takes no skill just luck if you are running back and hopping you get someone.

The Back Swing is takes more skill then the back stab.

But anyway what i don't like is those dang Snipers, and bombs

If you are going to fight then don't be like 20 miles away to kill grab your nads and fight. I will take any gun on with my saber anyday.

And for those nothing but pushers on streets now that is no skill. Stop complaning about backstabbers and start with nothing but pushers.

But like i allways do. I get pushed off then guess what they are comming with me :) And i get more flam from pulling someone off with me when i get pushed then anything Now tell me why?

Ok I can understand the merc vs jedi servers. But I should've applied this post to one thing only. I play exclusively on sabre only servers. Sabre only, FF, or NF, doesn't matter I never play on gun servers. So gun strategies, merc vs jedi strategies don't apply to my posts. And btw YES this post is about counters to backstabbing. Whether there are counters to backstabbers directly correlates to whether it is a cheap move or not. Cheap to me implies I know its coming and there is NOTHING I can do to stop it.

As for stopping backstabbers with absorb. You always put max pull and push as your force powers. Stay more then about 1.5 body lengths away and its not possible to pull or push you down even if you are moving without absorb on. But then again you have skill, so you would know this. Only turn on absorb if you plan on rushing. If I know a backstab is coming I'm guaranteed either a kick that knocks down or at least a kick that does 20 damage. Kick that knocks down is free backstab death.

As for those that say I have no skill because I don't change my fighting style, again lemme ask, if you don't have enough skill to stop my backstab......why should I stop? It is your choice to not fight to the best of your abilities, I choose to fight with mine.

Lastly, you say this game is for adoloscents gaming takes no skill etc.. etc... etc... Just take a look at the game Street Fighter. I'm not going to drop any names for those heavily into the Street Fighter Community, but I am rather well known. I am a tournament calibur player. I know the name of anyone and everyone that can beat me in the nation. You say it takes no skill because you choose to limit yourself.

(P.S) For those trying to live out sabre duels the way they are in the movies.......go wait for Star Wars Galaxies. It's not gonna happen in a fast paced game like this.

This response is only regarding PULL/BACKSLASH on Dueling servers:

I don't think it takes no skill. I am not one of the experts at it, I am probably better at it then most medium skill level players, but there are those that are amazing with it. It isn't cheap and I don't blame anyone that does use it, even before when I refused to use it, I didn't consider it cheap, beause to be effective with it does require skill. I do think that against a skilled user of it (which is probably 5% or less of those that use it) there is no defense...yes I know all the counters, and have trained others in them..so don't bother explaing them to me...they WILL not work against the expert pull/backslashers...save one....use it yourself. You will die, but it is worth while to try to learn from it....so all those calling it cheap, don't blame the players, blame Raven...those that are mastering the other skills will be much further ahead of most of the pull/slash experts if they ever release the fix....be patient and try it yourself...that's my view.

- Vorax

Sorry Aerys, it takes skill to fight someone else that can do it too. You kill me once with force pull, backstab, I'll remember your name. And guess what? Next time, I'm gonna absorb, run up and kick you down...then what're you gonna do. You gonna stand there and try and counter kick? Well maybe I just might yellow sabre finisher you this time? Maybe I'll just run up and backstab you while you're sticking your hand out in the force pul animation. Maybe I'll blue lunge, maybe I'll dfa? Once again, I will reiterate.

Running around in blue style backwards and holding down the button is stupid. If they win on a server like that, the other people must be playing the game for the first time. I laugh when I see people do that. It's worse then being a n00b. It's a wannabe. I'm just saying....don't knock backstab until you've done it yourself in a 1on1 duel against another bs'er. SOOO many other moves come into play.

Yoojin, I think we are in violent agreement.

Move spamming is lame.

Backstab/slash is overpowered.

Its a good move when done correctly and not spammed.

It can be defended against but like the old DFA, spammers are going to kill 3-4 people in groups because its overpowered.

That's all I have to say.

Vorax, Aerys and Yoojin have all valid points... I dont think anybody is in disagreement, but just a difference in looking at the same problem.

BTW, my last post was a joke... (for those ppl brain-dead in this forum)

Whats the usual crap we see in FFA servers? There are several factors:

1. The mosh Pit

2. In the mosh pit, we have 4 classes of players:

a) DFA spammer

b) Lighting spammer

c) Backslash/stab spammer

d) Poor sod caught in the furball.

3. Interesting enough all these ppl take turns from DFA spamming, backslash/stab and being a casualty. It seems that Lighting Spammers will always be just that.

I think we are in total agreement that this is just pathetic. But the sad truth is that who gets the most frags wins. Jumping into a situation like this will case your untimely demise.

You can 1, avoid... 2 use smart tactics to get the most frags in such a situation. etc...etc...etc...

But who are the whiners? They comprise 99% of the saber spammers. Noobs, idiots and most likely the Lighting Spammers sitting on the corner edge trying to rack up kills.

These noobs are in their own minds, god’s gift to this game... if they kill you, its pure skills and if you kill them no matter how you do it... its just cheap. You cant win...

I look at it in simple terms.

If sodomising demons from the 12th dimension attacked your house, and you have a choice of weapons:

a) the BFG10000

b) butter knife.

Which one would you choose?

No one rewards you for being an idiot... but perhaps Vorax can do more damage with a butter knife then with a BFG... well it’s his choice. Perhaps the noob can get some kills with lighting... well it’s his choice. I don’t complain, I get even, and you will see me coming with a BFG.

Given any move, it can be cheap... but for whom? The winner? hmmm he/she won’t loose any sleep... It’s always the victim, and keep in mind they have illusions of self grandeur... an IQ of room temperature along with an inversely proportional ego.

Yoojin, ignore them...

> if they kill you, its pure skills and if you

> kill them no matter how you do it... its

> just cheap.

No, the problem comes from dying half a dozen times to the same person, who's using the SAME attack they did the previous times.

Sorry I don't respect that at all. That's not skill, it's just mindless repetition.

Only difference between a noob and a spammer is that the spammer has learned a more efficient attack to constantly repeat.

I used to have a geat time playing this game. Then this whole spamming the forcepull/finishing moves thing started. Now about 80% of the players in any server I join, spam this move. It is frustrating and boring. I play mainly CTF with 16 or more players. Yes, you can avoid this move. I've succesfully pulled this off and killed the spammer. Then I walk around the corner, and bam, there's another and another. Just to find out that I wasn't imagining things, I started spectating. Sure enough, that's all these people do. They just run to the nearest enemy and force pull and strike, then to the next enemy, on and on and on and on, again!!!! Sure, I guess they can call it strategy. It's a shame they can't do anything else.

For those whom keeping posting to defend this move and say it is a skill...try something else, and let's see if you're actually any good in this game.

Im with intoxictd

I just got finished playing on my server with 20+ people and all the little gayfurs where perched and waiting to backstab i can handle 2 maybe three but when these lamers are camping to backstab the game goes no where....

Sure im a noob but not a bad one either. This may be great for duels where there are only 2 but CTF where there are 20+ thats lame. Lets see how you handle it when you run that gay ass gauntlet! Take it out of CTF it doesnt belong there. If not that give me a server setting for my dedicated Linux server sitting on an OC3.

-skeep

Originally posted by Xzzy

> if they kill you, its pure skills and if you

> kill them no matter how you do it... its

> just cheap.

No, the problem comes from dying half a dozen times to the same person, who's using the SAME attack they did the previous times.

Sorry I don't respect that at all. That's not skill, it's just mindless repetition.

True, it's frusturating to you. However it's smart of them to an exploit a weakness you have. It may appear that's all they can do, but untill someone steps up you'll never know. Please don't say there aren't any counters. If that's the case why are good "backstabers" having great, long, smart fights against eachother? They learn all the moves inside out. Learning takes time at many levels. You cannot just say you know the counters, you need to know how to utilize them. It seems this discussion is now going into a whirling cycle.

You and your opponent are playing on a guns enabled server and you both run into a room with a rocket launcher. Do you make a dash for the launcher, or because it is a gay-spam weapon, let your opponent go get it and whip out your trusty stun baton and vanquish the lame n00b with honor?

You are playing CTF, you are almost back to your base with the enemy flag, you have 10 health, and you have 6 guys chasing you. Do you pick up that Bacta 2 feet away, or do you run straight past it and flee with honor?

You are playing in a no Force duel server. On accident you tap the "L" key on your keyboard. You notice your saber swings now do more damage. Once again you tap the key. Behold! The Gods have granted thee the power of the mighty red stance strike! Do you use this newfound power to quickly vanquish your gay-n00b foe, or do you do the honorable thing and switch back to the blue stance so your opponent is dealt with fairly?

*News flash here people*

In every, yes every, no really, I mean every FPS since DOOM, there has been one cheap, lame, over exploited gun/weapon.

Guess what?

There will always be one cheap, lame, over exploited gun/weapon in every future game release.

Skilled players do not complain. They watch, learn and adapt.

Did I get annoyed the first few time I got ripped off my feet and backstabbed?

Sure.

Then I started paying attention to those who knew how to prevent it and learned something new.

Today if you even get within range to pull me, and by some miracle I do not have enough energy for absorb, I will still kick you upside the head before you even get a chance to spin around and show me your backside.

Maybe I was hallucinating but I was playing against a pull/stabber yesterday. He was more than happy to decimate me and taunt me. Now, being in a unique situation of the only 2 ppl on a FFA server, I began experimenting in ways to avoid this debated trick.

I swear anytime I used the jump to get up from being knocked down (where you do that spinning twirl to get up) and he was backstabbing, my saber seemed to catch some of the attack. Mind you, I was still wounded but not dead. Maybe it's the twirl, maybe it's the saber. I have to try it more to figure it out.

Then he was complaining that all I did was run away. What else do you do with 20 health??

:band:

Archived