Home

simple rules

arguile

i think we should come up with some basic rules. that way if someone disagrees (and by disagree i mean huge disagreements like they really just dont wanna play on corellia or something like that, not like "gaalgoth said i was being a d***"...childish kinda stuff like that can be worked though...) with us they can simply walk away before coming deeply involved in our group.

the only good one i can really think of for now is that no premature, self-proclaimed jedi (you know, people that already are calling themselves jedi masters) should be allowed to join, without at least coming up with something else they wanna do. that way if they fail they wont just quit the game entirely because they can still be a part of our great PA.

what does everyone else think?

Yes! And while they run around, unarmed, whining "why can't my character block blasters with his mind? I've played for twenty ****ing minutes!", we strike them unconcious, and drag them away to be sold as spicemining slaves.

Then they can be how force sensitive they want.

Exactly! Force them to mine (No pun intended, of course....). Arguile, I agree with you that people should start disagreements when I call them dicks. After all, If I do call them a dick then they must be one, right? =) And as for rules, we are going to need some once the game comes out. Until we know more specifics though I think we should limit it to no jedis joining....if you are going to join, you have to be a class that is not a jedi. doesn't matter what it is, just not jedi.

Sorry to get off the subject or anything, but I'm really pumped for really only about one thing, the jobs. Nothing else. Especially if your a transporter of goods. Like you have a schedule saying where and at what time it needs to be on Corellia, I think that will be the greatest part of SWG. That brings me to another question, will SWG have a time schedule? (noon, midnight, sun-up, sun-down, snow, rain, etc) This game will pwn j00!

~K~

Well, we must remember, when Gaalgoth calls someone a dick, he's complimenting them. He means that they are big, tough and strong!

Or was that boner...oh well...

But Augy, you must also remember that The Associates isn't a typical closely knit PA, like most. it's looser and rulers should be given out AFTER the game comes out, to see how everything works out!

This is my first post on The Ass. Forum!

Oh, and regarding the dusk and dawn, well, we have already seen complete day cycles in the movies from tatooine, and the devs even say that they will have unique cycles for each planet, so a day on tatooine will not be the same length as a day on couruscant.

I think that a ban on jedi is a good thing because we dont really want to bring too much attention to ourselves whilst we are trying to get established. The first few months will probably be quite tough (little resources / power) so we dont want to have jedi parading around the place bring all sorts of trouble down on our heads.

and....The Associates will do for now after all, its not the name but the intentions that count at this stage.

The more that we talk about how we want things to proceed the better prepared we will be in the beginning. Although we cannot make a definate rulebook until the game is released we can at least decide on good plans of action (like the no jedi thing) at this stage.

yeah...i really like the idea that this is gonna be a loose PA. so the rules should be kept SIMPLE, which is why i named it SIMPLE rules. no really hard stuff. and notice the only one i thought was a good idea at this point was no jedi only people, which i figured most of you would agree with me on. so of course i dont want rigid rules, but as good broad/SIMPLE ones come up, i think its a good idea to post them and get feedback from others.

No, it's called clusters. That is, each planet will have one server, and these will be connected into a 'galaxy', that is, what goes for a server in other MMORPGs. So, you can travel between the planetary servers, but you can not travel to another cluster of servers, which are separate galaxies.

So you can meet your friend on another planet, but not if they are on another cluster.

hey...dont attack the name. sure, its not the best it could be. but we said that before we made it. we just made a makeshift one. but as soon as you come up with a better one, we'll take a vote and see if it should be changed to that one. so strap on your thinkin cap and help us come up with a better one.

I forgot it was a temporary thing - we need to come up with a new one or people will get to know us as the assoc. and we could have a much cooler name.

I havent got the source books so I'm a bit limited on my background info but what about something like the FCA (Free Corellian Alliance)

Originally posted by setsuko

No, it's called clusters. That is, each planet will have one server, and these will be connected into a 'galaxy', that is, what goes for a server in other MMORPGs. So, you can travel between the planetary servers, but you can not travel to another cluster of servers, which are separate galaxies.

So you can meet your friend on another planet, but not if they are on another cluster.

Where did you come up with THAT !?!

Since when were kids allowed to post here too! It's not like that! Then how would they incorperate the Space Expansion?

Archived