Home

simple rules

arguile

ahhh, ic wut u mean now

So u could be on the same planet(ex. Tatooine) , but say ur in cluster 1, and their in Tatooine in cluster 2, then u wont be able to interact.

So im presuming that you would stay in the same cluster as long as u play, and not be able 2 travel(connect) 2 other clusters?

i dont know.. it would be fun to have comlinks to contact eachother.

well i think we dont realy need extensive rules.. it is just that if we ever start a major city.. we need to appoint someone who is gonna be the mayor of it... THEN we need rules.

Rules, Rules, I hate rules! I am bound by rules in my normal life already (ok, bound is perhaps a big word :) ) and I want do do the things the way I like to do them in this game. I want to go my own way. This doesnt mean that I am a solo-player, I love the PA and I'll do anything for it, but please don't bother me with strict rules.

I agree with the point of no-jedi wannabees, but every1 should get a chance. As long as they are realistic; 'I want to become a jedi, but I'll be a hairdresser first'. Most players (I hope) realise that you can't become an instant-jedi but alot of them want to be one. You should not block them joining the PA just because they have high hopes, just give them a chance.

Ofcourse noone likes whiners, immature rambling children, and people with eyecaps on, they should not be allowed to join. :D

To everyone blaming me for being a kid, sleeping with the devs, etc., for posting about the severs vs clusters issue: its from the E3 interview by computerandvideogames.com with TD (technical director) Jeff Grills:

"So will each planet be on its own server? How will that work?

Jeff: We've got this concept of a cluster, and the cluster is basically an instance of the galaxy, and we'll have every set of planets per cluster. You'll be able to move between planets in this cluster, but of course you won't be able to move between clusters. "

Never, ever, doubt my posts :D

Oh, and no, the devs are not cute enough for me to sleep with them, no matter how much info I would be able to attain from it ;)

Oh, and JekRendar, ye of little faith, it would not mess up the space expansion. They just have to have the space areas on separate servers on the cluster. It even makes it easier, since you can develop it separately, and then just attach them to the cluster when that time comes. If you don't have the expansion, all that happens is that you can't go to those servers on the cluster.

Actually, the amount of playing area that we are talking about makes it pretty hard to have everyting on one single server. When we are talking about that sort of requirements, a cluster is actually cheaper than building one über-server.

Rith Kain: yes, you got it. A person on "cluster 1" would be able to go to "corellia 1" and "tatooine 1", but not "naboo 3".

Archived