Home

Did you see JANGO bump his head?????

FEAR_IS_MY_ALLY

Sure we'll believe you........as long as you can prove that you have direct access to George Lucas' thoughts! In the Star Wars newsletter that i recieve from starwars.com they had a list of easter eggs. They mentioned the Jango Fett hitting his head, but this is how it was put.

It appears that Fett Genes and low ceilings don't mix. In homage to a OT blooper where a stormtrooper bumps his head in ANH, Jango Clanks his against the closing door of Slave 1.

Now the implication in this letter is that the troopers in ANH had the same genes as the Fetts, doesn't it?

And they wouldn't need Jango around to make clones, really. They have the clones they made of Jango, those clones have the exact same genetic structure as Jango does, so they could simply clone them. :D

Edit - And for those who's argument is that the clones are expensive and maintaining an army of them is too expensive. This is the empire that Build 2 deathstars on a whim. They build thousands and thousands of TIE Fighters, and TIE's dont last very long in battle....so maintaining those has to be extremely costly...they have more money than they even know what to do with, paying for clones is a minor thing

If they wanted more Jango Fett clones, they wouldn't need him or a clonetrooper to make them. Frozen samples of DNA can be kept for a long time.

Also, As far as being to old and dying too fast. They were accelerated to full maturity, but then are allowed to grow at normal rate. They don't continue to grow at an accelerated rate after they mature. They need an army fast, not a bunch of kids. But what would be the point of making an army that grows to old to use in a matter of 10 years! Look at Boba, he was taken off the accelerated growth at a youg age, he ages normal now. The Clonetroopers are taken off it at around the age 18-25, then grow at normal rate. Clones don't just age that way because they are clones. They are injected/fed/etc something that allows them to grow faster, but then grow at normal rate when that stimulant is not used anymore. Otherwise Boba would have been ancient by Episode 4-6.

I agree with you that stormtroopers are probably clones, but I just wanted to point out that Boba never had his growth accelerated. Boba had none of the modifications that were done to the clonetroopers.

There are *many* stormtroopers. Somehow I doubt that they are all recruits. Still, there is no mention of cloning in OT, which is why I'm guessing that somehow Kamino and or all cloning facilities are destroyed by the jedi or rebels in EP3 as an attempt to cripple Sidious's hold on the galaxy.

Originally posted by joker828

The clonetroopers look like Mandolorians.:fett: The stormtroopers look... well not like Mandolorians.

Actually, IMO the Clonetrooper armor is sort of bridging the gap between Mandalorian and Stormtrooper armour. I think it looks excelent.

:trooper: + :jango: = :clone:

As for the topic of stormtroopers being clones, I would say yes and no. Some are most likely clones, while others are definately recruits.

Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe

Also, As far as being to old and dying too fast. They were accelerated to full maturity, but then are allowed to grow at normal rate. They don't continue to grow at an accelerated rate after they mature. They need an army fast, not a bunch of kids. But what would be the point of making an army that grows to old to use in a matter of 10 years! Look at Boba, he was taken off the accelerated growth at a youg age, he ages normal now. The Clonetroopers are taken off it at around the age 18-25, then grow at normal rate. Clones don't just age that way because they are clones. They are injected/fed/etc something that allows them to grow faster, but then grow at normal rate when that stimulant is not used anymore. Otherwise Boba would have been ancient by Episode 4-6.

I still don't believe that the growth acceleration is something that is fed/injected into them. I think it is a genetic change and the clones will always grow at that accelerated rate, i could be wrong, but that's what i think. 10 years is a pretty long time if you look at how long those troopers probably live....first off we have the war that is only going to last 3-4 years, and most if not all of the first batch will die. Then in the OT we see more than a dozen troopers that are taken out by Han, Luke, Chewie, and Leia, suggesting that Stormtroopers never last long in battle. It's also possible that they leave the stormtroopers active until they die, no matter how old they are. This explains their poor performance. They have crippling arthritis in their fingers and cannot hold the guns properly.

And as it was alreayd mentioned Boba had no growth acceleeration atall.

LamaSu: "Apart from his pay, which is considerable, Fett demanded only one thing, and unaltered clone for himself."

Obi-Wan: "Unaltered?"

LamaSu: "No tampering with the genetic structure to make it more docile, and NO growth acceleration. interesting, isn't it?"

After the fall of the republic senator Palpatine has complete controll of the republic army. After years of conflict he realises that the imperial army is beginning to decrease in man power. Due to this he starts recruiting planetry scum as the new troops but brainwashes them.( I learnt that bit from the jedi academy book trilogy in which Kyp Durron goes to save his brother who joined up and he was brainwashed untill he took off his helmet) After years of fighting and the demise of the Imperial leaders the New Republic start to wipe out the last of the imperials. Alas we end this pitifull story but we will no doubt continue the saga in books and possibly more films. :explode:

Originally posted by FunkyFergy

Due to this he starts recruiting planetry scum as the new troops but brainwashes them.( I learnt that bit from the jedi academy book trilogy in which Kyp Durron goes to save his brother who joined up and he was brainwashed untill he took off his helmet) After years of fighting and the demise of the Imperial leaders the New Republic start to wipe out the last of the imperials. Alas we end this pitifull story but we will no doubt continue the saga in books and possibly more films. :explode:

Well, i suppose my thread was a waste of time............;)

Some day.....the message will be out there.........:D

How about this:

Different people offer themselves to be cloned. Thus the storm troopers. Rarley, there is the case of a Jango clone. Maybe in episode V When Baba Fett gets Hans, he bumps his head eh?If we wait for episode 3 it might be clear.

• 12 years later...

it says in the game battlefront 2 that the jango clones weren't used as clone templates after an uprising of clones on kamino shortly after the fall of the republic. clones from then on were made from a variety of different people to prevent any more clones from all having rebellious thoughts.

Archived