Home

New Project by Bloodriot and Absath

Absath

Ok, we've decided to divulge a little information about the secret project that we've been working on. This thread will serve the same purpose that the Fett thread did, only this model will be released rather soon, as opposed to the long, drawn out affair that the Mandalorians turned in to.

The closer we get to our proposed release date of this weekend, the more information we will release, and the more revealing the screenshots will be.

This project is actually in stark contrast to our Mandalorians, for many reasons. Most obviously is the fact that the Fett's carried with them a notoriety and infamy. A certain predetermined publicity, if you will. This alone drove community anticipation through the roof. Neither Bloodriot or I expect the same results with this project.

At first, this model may seem rather simple. And the essence of it is. Yet strangely, as basic and elementary as the concept is, there is nothing like it to be found in JK2 yet. It is because of this that we expect many people to love this project. And it is that same reason that we expect that for many people, it just won't be their cup of blue milk, so to speak.

The project is extremely close to release, so you won't have to wait nearly as long as you did for the Fett's. We will be thoroughly checking all animations in-game to make sure everything works properly, in an effort to provide you with the best product possible.

Some details I can release right now are as follows: The model will come with an entirely customized sound set, that will help to personalize the character and flesh him out as a unique persona in the SW universe. The project will include bot support and CTF variations. We will be creating a backstory for the character, so you will know where he comes from, what hes been through etc. this will also help establish the character.

At this point we are planning to do a small single player storyline involving this character and a portion of his life. There is nothing confirmed yet, but it is something we would both like to do, to help bring this project to life.

So, without further adeu, I present you with our first teaser screenshots.

shot0002.jpg

shot0003.jpg

These shots were chose specifically because of their elusive nature. As the weekend draws closer, we will show you more detailed and specific shots, until finally we release and reveal the secret we are keeping hidden that will put these models over the top ;)

Questions and comments can be posted here, and we will try to answer promptly and to the best of our ability :) Enjoy.

-Abs and Bloodriot

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well unless I missed something in the reading... and from their last posts in the Boba/Jango thread.. this isn't Obi Wan.

I look forward to seeing more of this completely new face to the Star Wars universe. Really hope you guys manage to do that single player project too.

As for its simplicity... well.. maybe cuz I don'e know a thing about modeling and skinning.. it looks really amazing to my eyes.

this skins lookin sweet, cant wait for the release! i like it cuz its a lot different from any other skin out there right now, the colors r lookin koo and he seems like an interesting character, i cant wait for more pics, its lookin great guys!:)

-dAno

Hmm.. Lookin really good guys. But is it just me, or are you adding new saber animations. From the first pic, it seems the character is doing a new attack. And the second, shows the reborn at a different stance than i've seen.

You guys keep up the outstanding work... I really hope you guys make that sp storyline... That would be sooo cool...

Looks awesome guys. Very simple and yet very appealing. I look forward to being able to add this one to the files on my drive!

My only question is re the stitching on the "bracers". Maybe its just me, but I'm more used to seeing those patterns on the outside of the arm and not the inner part. Curious what yer thoughts are on that.

Well thrahl, in my opinion, bracers are meant to be a form of protection...armor. A person is more likely to get hit on the outside of his arm then on the inside. this having the laces on the inside means they are less likely to get cut and allowing the bracer to fall off or hang as an encumberance. That's just my reasoning.

We were going to post these pictures last night, but Lucasforums were "taking heavy loads, and were sorry for crapping all over themselves" or something like that. so we couldnt get in to update.

So im here right now to blow the cover wide open on this project, as we plan to release it later tonite. I am going to explain the little secret we've been hiding, and show pictures.

We havent settled on a named yet, but we are very close. He will have a name by tonite when he is released. He is a young promising Jedi among the order, very powerful, but also very misguided. In our SP story conversion, we will chronicle his descent to the dark side, and his bonding with a Sith master who trains him.

Because he was once a Jedi, now fallen to the dark side, we have done two models. Until now, you have only seen the Jedi version. So i now present to you the two versions that will be released tonite, the Jedi and the Sith.

1.jpg

But that is not all. We all know that standard Jedi travel garb is a thick, flowing Jedi robe. In our readme, we will be providing instructions on how to set up hot keys to speed up the manual model change, for those that don't know. The default selectable character will be the version you see in the picture above. Through manual model selection, you will be able to put on/take off the Jedi robe, and also the Sith cape. some pictures in-game:

2.jpg

We feel that this will add a little spice to both models, and also complete the Jedi feel to the model.

Now, as we had stated before, these models are not for everyone. For some people, they will be perfect and exactly what they are looking for. They will finally have a 'real' Jedi to play as in-game. To those people I can say we're happy you are looking forward to this model. For some this model isnt glamorous enough, isnt cool looking enough etc. To those people I can only say "look elsewhere" Darth Maul will be coming out soon, among some other great looking models. perhaps our next project iwll hold some more appeal for you.

So there you have it. The whole package. Nothing superstar-like, just something rather simple, but also lacking from the game currently.

For the time being we will not be allowing reskins and SP mods to be released for this model, at least until we have a chance to put out our SP storyline we have planned. After that, we will most likely be done with this character, then allow the community to use it for their own SP levels etc.

Any questions and comments can be directed here.

-Absath and Bloodriot

They didnt wont hire them Because Raven is evil (just wasted my money on SOF2). I like it a lot, i stil dont like the face, but you wont see that in game anyway. By sp story conversion I hope you mean a new set of sp levels, b/c that would sell it for me, even if he looked like crap. This game is about a good story to me, as with all of Star Wars. Anyway, great job, and I cant wait for your next release!

Archived