Home

Yoda Model Teaser Image!

Kinja

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm not involved with this project, but I do have enough experience with 3d modelling to answer a few questions. Character Studio is something that can be used in 3d modelling to made mesh characters capable of movement. It tells the movement scripts what the arms are and what the legs are and such so that no matter what model you give, they can all follow the same movement. I know the Quake 3 engine uses this which is why the were able to make so many different models in the game.

As for whether he'll be hovering or not, I have a crude idea for that. I think all we really care about is where the saber is, so you could probably just make him hold the saber high when he's standing, or even hovering, but for the movement you could make him flip around and stuff as long as the saber remains in relatively the same place. From the first person perspective it could look just as normal as any other character moving, like the eyes would move normal, but the body would move crazy-like, because I know we all just want to see Yoda jump around and kick ass :) However, that's all entirely up to the modders. Enjoy, and I can't wait to see the finish!

Malohkan

Interesting MODEL. Heard Jedi2 has probs with the HEIGHT of YODA. Probably because of the WEAPON (POV) height, and or the BUILT-IN animation routines that some SKINNERS Re-use. BTW, if anyone knows which Programs and or SDK info are available, let me know. I'm an EXPERIENCED LIGHTWAVE 3d animator/ modeler with some 3dMAX experience. I see that there is now a FREE MODELER/ANIMATOR called GMAX that MAY work with JEDI2. I also BETA tested for Milkshape3d in its early versions for half-life. Thanks........

HopALONGjedi

That model is looking very good. Can't wait to see the finale result! I've literally had dreams about a good Yoda model for JO! As AOTC is shown, nothing is cooler then a two-foot muppet kickin' @$$ with a lightsaber! :syoda:

BTW if your looking for someone to do his voice for the finale mod, I do a very good :yoda: .

If fact anyone who needs voice work for a fan project, contact me. I can do :watto: and :jarjar: Also I'm told my normal speaking voice sounds a lot like :luke: . I also do a lot of orginal voices.

I can point you to samples. Just email me at JMYoda@JediMasterYoda.com

[End of shameless self-promotion here]

Keep up the good work. You modelers and skinners always leave me in awe.

-Yoda

yea man.. love it love it! cant wait till it comes out.. HURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRYHURRY

Hey fellas, sorry I hav'nt been posting anwers. Its just that I've been really busy at work lately. I'm an artist at a game company and were trying to get our game done by August, so we just have 3 months left. Anyway, Yoda is in the process of being skinned by Arco, the talented artist who skinned the second version of Sithlord II's Dath Vader model, which Kicked butt BTW!. So while Arco will hopefully be posting some updates as soon as there are any, it will probably be abit before he gets ingame:( To let you all in on the gaol for Yoda, here it is. The ultimate goal for Yoda is to be working in Mp(either running around or floating)and at the right hieght aswell:) But since getting him to work in Sp will nodoubt be easier to pull off, I will release Sp first and the proceed to Mp. Well, thanks for all your comments and keep checking back for updates.

-Kinja

Superb Model:yoda:

But For the SP thing is it going to be like the desann to vader because that is what I would want. Or if you know how could you explain the process on doing so cuz I want to make Jango in SP as an enemy replacing reelo or rodian dude, I tried but It did not work any Help will be appreciated.....??????

My e-mail is chris_harris@attbi.com

THANK G-D u r making the model... cuz if I didn't see one in a few days i was going to make my own and it was going 2 suck... Yoda Rulez hes been my fav char in ne movie since as far back as i can remember... to prove so iv'e had my e-mail adress since i was in the fifth grade, now i am going onto my junior year... lol, Rock on d00ds and please make him true to yoda... also if he was to float dont u think hed have a problem flip kicking... just a thought, although that POV thing would also screw it up and what if the other person doesn't have the model, u will be shorter then they can hit you. and they wouldn't know... this seems like it would be quite a hard project... i remember the yoda model for JK, it looked sorta like ET other than that it wasn't too bad, hope this one turns out better tho. :yoda::yodaball::syoda:

i don't know that much about the engine used for JK2, but there was a really good yoda model for JK1. they solved the height issue this way: yoda's feet were placed at a normal humanoid's knee level, and from the knee down was made invisible. then the model was 'sunk' (verticle offset) beneath the floor surface up to the knee so that yoda's feet appeared to be on the ground while the invisible humanoid shins and feet were actually beneath the floor surface. this worked really well. the leg animations looked a little off, but you couldn't tell really since yoda's robes go all the way to the floor. just an idea. i personally don't like the idea of a floating yoda, even if it's on one of those little repulsor-lift platters.

Irimi-Ai

Hows the model skin for the model coming? I was wondering what kinda animations yoda will have, if any...lol? Kinja, dude i have to give u the highest praise for that model man, no offense to anyone but that Yoda is by far the best model i've seen, and i have seen a few. HURRY, but take your time, dont give in to people begging, just get that model and skin tweaked, and ready for action!!! Then post it on a few sites. Thanks Kinja and Acro! Keep us posted guys!

this looks so cool but im wandering when is it coming out and if yall are gonna make him float or will he just stay on the ground.i would rather make him stay on the ground because how could he do flips on the walls and tricks like flips cause i dont think that is possible in the air floating.well if yall do make him float wouldnt yall have to make different moves.answer this as soon as possible

:clone::duel:

:lsduel::koon::rhett:

Archived