Home

Men running away from Women!!

leXX

Yes I'm a woman, shock horror! :eek:

So here's my question:

As a woman playing JKII MP, why is it that when men see I'm quite good, they run the other way and go fight with another man?

Are men afraid to get killed by a woman or do men think a woman is not worth fighting? If it is the latter then it is so shovanistic I can't stand it. Women are just as good as men when it comes to playing games and no I'm not a "women's rights activist" or anything, I just like to play games same as everyone else.

In Episode II you see plenty of women Jedi kicking butt so what's the problem? :confused:

LOL yeah that does sound pretty funny. I doubt it's really any type of sexist "gee, I got my ass kicked by a girl! How insulting!" type thing. I'd say it's more like an "awww...crap! that one will ream me a new one if I get too close!" I can't quite remember this guy's name, but on one of the servers I regularly visit this one guy was hella good. He knew he was hella good. He would simply have his guy walk, not run but walk through the whole level all like "yeah I DARE you to attack me!" I focused on this guy and him alone for like 20 minutes simply because he walked all over the level like that, and he beat the hell out of me every time and then continued to walk all creepy-like. For the whole rest of the game me and just about every other player avoided that guy like the damned plague. I'd suspect if you're reaming people left and right like that you're probably earning yourself a similar sort of reputation. Not to mention that an ass-kicking chick seems more dark and dangerous to me than any ass-kicking guy. Perhaps it's just all those vampire and fantasy novels I read that's influencing that notion, though.

Well, if some do see someone good, the person gets avoided in order to get more kills on other peeps (tryin to get a game win *dont know why)

So it isnt a sexist thing, unless it is a gay thing. But I sometimes enjoy playing with female players when most of em are more mature about the game (less complaining, well so far those I played). :jawa

But beware during my time playing multiplayer games I seen those that switch gender. i.e guys pretend to be gals and vice versa. :eek:

females dont whinge as much because when they go through puberty they dont get pumped up on testosterone and have to swear and abuse anyone who kills them. you look at the people who whine (not just complain, but really swear, abuse and go off the deep end) and most of them are 12-18 year olds who have to take out their anger at others through a computer game.

Originally posted by BigMexican

females dont whinge as much because when they go through puberty they dont get pumped up on testosterone and have to swear and abuse anyone who kills them. you look at the people who whine (not just complain, but really swear, abuse and go off the deep end) and most of them are 12-18 year olds who have to take out their anger at others through a computer game.

You need to stop reading their PR and actually go out and meet some. Oy vay, women swear and abuse people that wrong them much more than any man could. We like to think we have the market cornered on being competitive--but we're just amateurs...

To Lexx, I have to agree with Hulk, it's more likely a skill thing than a gender thing...

--Edit--

I mean in real life, so far I haven't seen many women gamers who had low maturity levels, but I'm pretty sure that that's because most of the women who have low maturity levels are weak minded and are 'above' computer games.

Heh... When I played JK2 (before the patch, now I just don't feel the urge to play..) there were a few females on servers I played on... Fact is, they were really nice people and well, pretty good players.

Atleast most of the females playing aren't the average 10 y.o idiot.. (a'la CS, god forbid that game)

vestril i dont think you quite understood my post ... adolescent males (who make up a large part of the community) feel the need to swear, abuse and insult other players in-game more than females. im not saying that males swear or abuse more than females, or anything like that.

im sure there are plenty of women out there who would make the abusing teenagers who play this game break down and cry, but the point is, they dont do it over the internet. simply, females dont whine and resort to insults as much as males in-game. guys take the thing seriously from the start, and when the adrenaline gets pumping and the testosterone starts flowing, then they overreact. i've yet to see a female describe what she did to my mother last night, or call me a lame f*cking faggot.

the vast majority of online gamers are male, but there's still a much larger percentage of males that bitch and whinge than females. of all the online gamers who's sex i know for sure (the figure would be several hundred), there are perhaps 10 females, and none of them bitch, whinge, and abuse other players needlessly. of the males, well perhaps 20% of them do it regularly.

You know Lexx, I think you have a point that there may well be male chauvinists out there... And there always will be, just as many guys will be averse to the fact that there will always be feminists out there (not accusing you of this of course)...

Just to point out that it's always dangerous to make a generalisation, and while you might be right about the notion in the odd case, most of them will not be running away from you for this reason!!! Yep, probably you're jus way too good for them, or they see you as a huge threat anywayz and jus don't want to be beaten... I guess sometimes it's too much to expect people to run towards you and say "kill me now"... ;)

Anywayz, point made, signing off to watch the World Cup (and maybe to study for Med Examz, heaven forbid!!!)

Cheers,

Dave

Lexx... I'll show you my light saber... =)

Wait ThingAhMajig and I'll get my microscope! :eyeraise:

Well after reading everyone's comments, I have come to this conclusion:

Perhap's it is the fact that I am pretty good and not because I am a woman. Maybe I am just more self consious because gaming is so male dominated!

This leads me to ask another question:

Why do people run away from good players? I for one never avoid a good player, in fact, I go for the good players. How do people expect to improve their game if they keep running away?

:leia:

Some people are just silly. They think that they're good, and when they come across people that are better than them, it bursts their little bubble, so they want to go back to attacking people less skilled than them.

These people tend to frequent Newbie servers...

Originally posted by lexx

Wait ThingAhMajig and I'll get my microscope! :eyeraise:

Heheheheheheh

I've always gone with the pussy-ass excuse that I'm working myself up to them. I'll face em' when I get good enough and all that. Good point though, we all probably should gun for the ass-kicker people and get bitched two ways till sunday until we learn to survive our encounters with them.

Archived